News Forum - Oops, I did it again. Promised Pfizer, given alternatives.

Thaiger

12 minutes ago, MartinBurton said:

This is false news. I have been there yesterday and I got Pfizer. It took long, but it was good handled.
We have already appointment for the second shot.
That picture was taken at about 3 PM or so. We went at 11:30 and there was a much shorter line.

Thanks for yet another response to the Thaiger invitation for accounts of the alleged Medpark fiasco.

And yours is a sort of 'good but might have been better' review. Main thing is, you got the P-shot and your appmt for the 2nd . . . happy days! And your debut post, too, so many thanks for that!

Hello, MartinBurton and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

MESSAGE TO THE THAIGER… “After the Bang Sue fiasco, you’d have thought the government would have learnt a little about organisation and staggering time slots, if not individual appointments – but we were sent emails by MedPark at 10.40pm on Thursday, promising a Pfizer shot… “anytime between 8am-4.30pm on 28th OR 29th Aug”. We were immediately suspicious because as far as we know, there hasn’t been a second delivery of Pfizer after the US donated 1.5m of (soon-to-be-expiring) doses about 6 weeks ago, which themselves, were distributed rapidly (& opaquely)… so where have these precious Pfizer shots come from? Nevertheless, […]

The post Oops, I did it again. Promised Pfizer, given alternatives. appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

vaccine does not really help....in israel most are vaccinated and there the cases with lethal consequences skyrocket...all vaccinated w. pfitzer..i guess the vaccine is a driver for infection

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Weird....because they managed to vaccinate 90% of BKK with no issues.

Utter nonsense, unless you can come up with some evidence

11 minutes ago, Steinar said:

Wow, for a prejudicial article, you should adjust your view on the Thai peoples organization skills.  I was there yesterday in a even bigger queue that on the picture. After two short hours with follow ups at every steps, i was vaccinated with Pfizer and assigned a new appointment.  This was not only done with efficiency, but also with the typical Thai pleasant service level and a smile from the staff.
Next time, do not let your prejudicial mind stop you and assume the negative, but try before complaining.

Hurray . . . another happy Medpark vax review! And I have to concur with your comment - 'the typical Thai pleasant service level and a smile from the staff'. Despite my 2-hr queuing, I got the jab - only Sinovac, sadly - and my appmt for the 2nd. So, thanks for yet another happy tale that now puts the scores at Happies 4 - Not so Happies 2. And your debut post, too, so thanks for that!

Hello Steinar and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

15 minutes ago, Zac said:

Hi, I received the email late on Thursday night with a confirmation to receive Pfizer vaccine at MedPark on Saturday. I arrived early morning at 7:30am to queue, with only about 30 people ahead of me. I have yo say MedPark is extremely well run and the whole process was very smooth. And yes, I received Pfizer vaccine as I double checked with the nurse giving me the jab and viewed the vile. I was in an out within about an hour.  The staff where all very professional at MedPark.

I would have to say that the title of the story is a little misleading, as whilst there was Astra Z & Sinopharm also being administered, I received Pfizer, not an alternative. 
I read in your story that you didn’t even go in to confirm and seems like you didn’t ask anyone if they did indeed receive Pfizer. Well, on the 18th Sept, there will be the second round dose for those who received it on the 28th Aug. Just a suggestion, but perhaps try checking out MedPark at 7:30am, instead of the late afternoon. Of course later in the day is going to be busy! Given that the wait area is quite small, it might appear busier than usual, however, it also moves quite quickly. 

Thanks for another excellent and happy account of the Medpark vaxing programme. And your debut post, too, so thanks for that!

Hello, Zac and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Happy posting

King Cotton

Was inoculated on Aug 12th at Medpark (not even there 1 hr handled so well) with Pfizer lot number 30125BA exp date 11/21 (have a pic of the vial and is on the next appt).  Not too worried about the exp date as that is conservative due to possible legal concerns.  Think "Best if Used Before" date on your canned goods.  Not like it suddenly spoils exactly on the exp date.   I would be more concerned on proper handling.

Me thinks they have a good chunk of Pfizer to get out before the exp date and are rushing to do so.  Long term storage of the vaccine is between -90 to -60C whereas you only have 30 days to administer once it hits refrigerator temps of 2 to 8C so that has to be taken into consideration.

BTW, FDA in the US just approved (a few days ago) the extension of Pfizer to 3 months after exp date as long as held at the long term storage temp -90 to -60C.  Not sure Thailand will follow or even knows of it yet.

https://ncpa.org/newsroom/qam/2021/08/23/fda-extends-pfizer-vaccine-expiration-dates

Edited by DrPhibes
Content
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cool 1

I also got a “Bang Sue” appointment but turned around outside and went home. Made a registration on”expatvac” , on Aug 10 and got an appointment on Aug 26 at Samitivej hospital Sukhumvit 8-11am. That was an excellent experience! English speaking staff, very well organized, efficient and professional. Ready at 0905 after 30 min observation time, got a new appointment 3 weeks later before leaving the room. Pfizer promised and given. 62 years of age and no underlying conditions. 
Imagine if all vaccinations were administered like this! Excellent!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Per350 said:

I also got a “Bang Sue” appointment but turned around outside and went home. Made a registration on”expatvac” , on Aug 10 and got an appointment on Aug 26 at Samitivej hospital Sukhumvit 8-11am. That was an excellent experience! English speaking staff, very well organized, efficient and professional. Ready at 0905 after 30 min observation time, got a new appointment 3 weeks later before leaving the room. Pfizer promised and given. 62 years of age and no underlying conditions. 
Imagine if all vaccinations were administered like this! Excellent!

Okay, making a change from the Medpark vaxing reviews, good that your Samitivej account is so positive; little waiting, a P-jab and a 2nd appmt . .  you scored, big-time! And your debut post, too, so many thanks for that!

Hello, Per350 and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Happy posting

King Cotton

one huge botch up ??? will take at least another year just to vaccine the population and even longer for economy recovery,whether the people will continue to stay silent is another story in the land of broken promises and spin

1 hour ago, thai3 said:

It was sarcasm based on claim previously published on this website that 90% off BKK residents had received first jab. So just calm down.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve_t said:

I went to Medpark for first dose of AZN all went well and quickly. But I caught covid from the visit. Had to be from there as I went nowhere else. 

Ouch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MikeW said:

I will say the most dangerous part of going to immigration for me is the trip.

Reading Richard Barrow who is measuring CO2 in various places. CO2 is a measure of air exhaled from other people's lungs. 800 is safe. Taxis with windows up at 1800. Those minivans to CW have a lot of people breathing!

• Like 1

For anyone who did get jabbed, did you get a card for proof of vaccination, or does that come after the second one? Or is there none given out? Thx 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WildIrishRover said:

My wife, who is Thai has not had a jab yet. She got an appointment for Sinovac but turned it down, and we have signed up, and paid for Moderna for her, so let's wait and see how long that takes to arrive.

Just a thought:

Since Moderna is not arriving before october, get your wife a new appointment for the free vaccination.

Right now, the first jab Sinovac is followed, after 3 weeks, by a AZ shot.

Even Sinovac seem to prevent heavy sickness and death, but AZ is named, to do so.

And use Moderna as a Booster.

If that comes not before next year, you can even booster your Pfizer, in case there is still shortages, since that are also 2 paid doses ;-) 

And it might be six month, after your sec shot

1 hour ago, thai3 said:

You are not the sarcasm type, are you?

Not the same in Udon Thani. Told we would get Pfizer,  got Pfizer and extremely well organised. Booked on Monday, vaccinated on Wednesday. 2nd jab 15th September. We'll done Rajabahat University.

most people in world, will take or took, vaccine-s, only to,
can travel, and enter shops, restaurants etc. ?

most people in world, gave up, to say no and manage own life, long time ago ?
and, not care much about, own, health and near future ?
and so, not take vaccine because of virus ?

new normal, life, because of, low education = daily scared and believing,
based on, not own anything as clothes etc., with no cash but phone,
and social credit system ( watch your daily behavior ).

so, isolation will grow much, for most people in world.
what is the end goal ?

• Thanks 1

I can’t complain. I registered online for AZ vaccine at Phayathai 2 hospital. Registration Area looked chaotic initially but I later realized that there were 3 groups going through ( AZ, Sinovac and Sinopharm). My appointment time was 2pm and I was jabbed at 2.01pm with no more than a few minutes wait at each stage of the process. 2nd jab appointment in October. If that goes as well as the first I will be well pleased

A big problem with the vaccine rollout is that, yes foreigners and those groups with underlying health conditions has a higher priority of being vaccinated first, but what about us, normal thai citizens. I have been waiting to get vaccinated for over 4 months and it doesn't seem like I'll get my first dose soon either. Problem with the website during registration and giving vaccines to (VIPs) first, meanwhile us normal citizens couldn't even get out first dose. The management is corrupted and this has to be changed ASAP!

Edited by Aezmirai
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, sputnik said:

vaccine does not really help....in israel most are vaccinated and there the cases with lethal consequences skyrocket...all vaccinated w. pfitzer..i guess the vaccine is a driver for infection

https://www.covid-datascience.com/post/israeli-data-how-can-efficacy-vs-severe-disease-be-strong-when-60-of-hospitalized-are-vaccinated

The evidence says otherwise.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

I can’t complain. I registered online for AZ vaccine at Phayathai 2 hospital. Registration Area looked chaotic initially but I later realized that there were 3 groups going through ( AZ, Sinovac and Sinopharm). My appointment time was 2pm and I was jabbed at 2.01pm with no more than a few minutes wait at each stage of the process. 2nd jab appointment in October. If that goes as well as the first I will be well pleased

Agree, both times I was jabbed at Phyathai was extremely efficient.  In/out in 35-40min, and that included the 30 min waiting time post shot.

I spent longer getting the yellow vaccination passport than i did getting both shots!

• Like 1

So which is it@Thaiger ?  You suspect  they ran out, or you know for sure that they ran out.  You realize many already have an appointment for a follow up "Jab" starting in a couple of days? So are you speculating that MedPark has ran out of the alloted 2nd dose that patients  have appointments to receive.   Suspect or speculation is not good news reporting.   Your article has people panicking who already have received the first Pfizer dose and have appointments for their 2nd.  Why would you post suspect or speculation?  A professional reporter would never speculate and would report facts.  So are they out of Pfizer?  Do they have the promised 2nd dose they have already made appointments for?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, shanghailoz said:

Agree, both times I was jabbed at Phyathai was extremely efficient.  In/out in 35-40min, and that included the 30 min waiting time post shot.

I spent longer getting the yellow vaccination passport than i did getting both shots!

Did you get the yellow vaccination passport at Phayathai hospital on the day of your second dose? I am interested because I want to get mine ASAP after dose 2 so I can hopefully travel again soon 

• Like 1

Just now, Stevejm said:

Did you get the yellow vaccination passport at Phayathai hospital on the day of your second dose? I am interested because I want to get mine ASAP after dose 2 so I can hopefully travel again soon 

No, you have to go to another place for it.

Check my post history, I made a few notes about it, or check reddit where I also documented it - https://www.reddit.com/r/Thailand/comments/pahgei/thailand_covid_vaccination_proof_types/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

For anyone who did get jabbed, did you get a card for proof of vaccination, or does that come after the second one? Or is there none given out? Thx 

Yes I got a card with all facts of first injection (No expiration date) and a follow up appointment from Med Park.