News Forum - Covid UPDATE Sunday: 264 deaths, news briefs

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

If Thailand does it differently from the rest of the works, I'd like to know

This is Thailand and so it’s almost certain it’s done differently. I would imagine there is a line on a graph drawn from a few weeks ago to day 120 (mid October) that brings infections down to a few thousand a day, around 3,000-5,000. All you have to do is look at that graph and that’s your daily number. You can do your own if you like. All you need is a pencil, some paper, a calendar and a ruler (a straight edge type, not the ruler of a country, though that works even better).  😉

• Haha 1

Interesting to see that all provinces other than bkk are going up. Testing finally is picking up. Love to see all sandbox numbers next week 

32 minutes ago, Paco said:

I check as well Japan because my GF is there right now 20000 a day infected but only 50 dead, seems they are better in keeping you alive

Or vaccinated maybe? 

2 minutes ago, Soidog said:

This is Thailand and so it’s almost certain it’s done differently. I would imagine there is a line on a graph drawn from a few weeks ago to day 120 (mid October) that brings infections down to a few thousand a day, around 3,000-5,000. All you have to do is look at that graph and that’s your daily number. You can do your own if you like. All you need is a pencil, some paper, a calendar and a ruler (a straight edge type, not the ruler of a country, though that works even better).  😉

Alright, I'll do you a graph and tomorrow Covid's gone 🤣

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I'm just south of you then. But walking with a facemask when there's nobody to be seen within a mile and physical distancing and a list of other things are still restrictions... Maybe we're getting used to it and start seeing it as normal?

For compiled data on countries look at CIDRAP.

I'm sure that Japan doea everything it can as well, but you can't compare the numbers across borders. We have 20.000 reported cases per day because we don't test enough and test selectively. The numbers here are far higher than 20.000. Then I don't mean 21.000. I conservatively think in the order of at least 3 to 5 times as much.

Lack of testing 

Or 

Limiting the number of tests done is the easiest way to manipulate the figures into a downward trend.

The official numbers mean very little just have a look around wherever you live in Thailand and see the amount of businesses closed and those that remain open are empty of customers. The whole country is in a downward spiral that could have been mostly avoided by better management and a vaccine procurement plan put into place while we were still one of the world leaders in controlling Covid.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Lack of testing 

Or 

Limiting the number of tests done is the easiest way to manipulate the figures into a downward trend.

The official numbers mean very little just have a look around wherever you live in Thailand and see the amount of businesses closed and those that remain open are empty of customers. The whole country is in a downward spiral that could have been mostly avoided by better management and a vaccine procurement plan put into place while we were still one of the world leaders in controlling Covid.

Yeah but against Japan cases and deaths big difference

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paco said:

Yeah but against Japan cases and deaths big difference

Probably a mixture of factors 

Better and more widely available vaccines I'm not sure but I cannot see them using Sinovac 

Better availability to good hospitals with upto date modern equipment.

Not allowing people to die at home with no hope of getting into a hospital.

Hi, now for my little rant, the UK as a whole yesterday had 32,087 new cases, 24,797 in England alone .. I know the vaccination rate is higher in the UK single/ double doses, but this is a time not just to look at figures but to look at the devastation caused to people’s livelihoods because the government decided that the numbers in certain countries don’t add up, another example is Poland, this country has about 150-200 cases per day for around 2 months, yet the UK government are keeping them in the Amber list, this government is pathetic..  

now I am patiently waiting to book my return to Thailand in November, hopefully to government in the UK can grow a set and let life commence 🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ted said:

I got my first jab of Pfizer, this week.

Congratulations.

I don't know why you quoted me, though, or what you think that has to do with anything I said.

If you've already had your jab, pretty obviously you don't need to and can't register for another.

Ask yourselves why the British Government has put Thailand on its red list of countries?.. They definitely don't believe the Thai government or the way that they compile their figures

1 hour ago, AlexPTY said:

Interesting to see that all provinces other than bkk are going up. 

Simply, all infected and possible infected were fleeing the BKK Metro infested hot spots - returning home without a care nor paying heed to responsibility consequences. 

2 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

Probably a mixture of factors 

Better and more widely available vaccines I'm not sure but I cannot see them using Sinovac 

Better availability to good hospitals with upto date modern equipment.

Not allowing people to die at home with no hope of getting into a hospital.

No they do not have Sinovac etc.

16 hours ago, garyM said:

Hi, now for my little rant, the UK as a whole yesterday had 32,087 new cases, 24,797 in England alone .. I know the vaccination rate is higher in the UK single/ double doses, but this is a time not just to look at figures but to look at the devastation caused to people’s livelihoods because the government decided that the numbers in certain countries don’t add up, another example is Poland, this country has about 150-200 cases per day for around 2 months, yet the UK government are keeping them in the Amber list, this government is pathetic..  

now I am patiently waiting to book my return to Thailand in November, hopefully to government in the UK can grow a set and let life commence 🙏🏻🙏🏻

A more than justified 'little rant', there, for sure. So many anomalies in these colour code travel restrictions. And your debut post, too, so thanks for that!

Hello, garyM and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton