News Forum - Fears police chief Thitisan won’t be held accountable for murder

Thaiger

Many, especially on social media, have expressed worries that Pol Col Thitisan “Jo Ferrari” Utthanaphon will escape harsh punishment or perhaps any punishment at all. With the hashtag #StopLyingJoe trending on Thai Twitter yesterday and the bizarre press conference allowing the now-fired police officer to speak to the public and defend his actions, many believe that after his surrender Thursday, Thitisan will eventually be let off the hook. National Police Chief Suwat Jangyodsuk said that the Crime Suppression Division will handle the case as it is a high profile case and many believe that if the Nakhon Sawan police are […]

The post Fears police chief Thitisan won’t be held accountable for murder appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

24 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Many, especially on social media, have expressed worries that Pol Col Thitisan “Jo Ferrari” Utthanaphon will escape harsh punishment or perhaps any punishment at all. With the hashtag #StopLyingJoe trending on Thai Twitter yesterday and the bizarre press conference allowing the now-fired police officer to speak to the public and defend his actions, many believe that after his surrender Thursday, Thitisan will eventually be let off the hook. National Police Chief Suwat Jangyodsuk said that the Crime Suppression Division will handle the case as it is a high profile case and many believe that if the Nakhon Sawan police are […]

The post Fears police chief Thitisan won’t be held accountable for murder appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I swear by the Amulet around my neck. I think a noose around his neck would be more appropriate.

Edited by dunroamin
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Was he asked about how he accumulated such massive wealth on a 43k baht a month salary if not involved in corruption?

Funny how there is no mention of that. Also interesting he went to Bangkok to hand himself in. He obviously needed to speak to someone senior and remind him of where he sits in the food chain of corruption. 

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Was he asked about how he accumulated such massive wealth on a 43k baht a month salary if not involved in corruption?

I think that was partly because of the reward system involving super cars,i said partly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Funny how there is no mention of that. Also interesting he went to Bangkok to hand himself in. He obviously needed to speak to someone senior and remind him of where he sits in the food chain of corruption. 

First news was he was arrested in Myanmar,then Chonburi and now he handed himself in in Bangkok?

This guy sure moves around a lot.

Will we ever know the truth?

Your guess is as good as mine,and is it really him?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Thitisan will eventually be let off the hook

Only because he has the biggest investment in Brown Envelopes in Thailand. Just think how big a brown envelope you would need to fit a Bentley into?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vlad said:

Who they gonna believe a druggie loser or a high up RTP officer.

Well ... umm ... the "druggie loser" won't be saying much 😯

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yetanother said:

thailand really can be pathetic at times; i bet he will get off too

Oh sure. Expect it. These activities have a rich history. 

The elite and privileged class. 

To give a murderer his own press conference and not even hearing what the wife of the victim has to say was an insult to all Thai people. The Rtp is really a threat to Thailand. It becomes more and more ugly and shocking how rotten deep to the core they are.

• Like 3

Even though you can’t tell from this picture ,the Mrs was telling me many Thais suspect the individual in the picture  was wearing a earring. She said Black Bag Joe doesn’t wear one.

Many Thais have a bad perception

of the police and corruption. Rankings 24th in the world.

https://www.indexmundi.com/surveys/results/1 

Edited by riclag

6 minutes ago, Stardust said:

To give a murderer his own press conference and not even hearing what the wife of the victim has to say was an insult to all Thai people. The Rtp is really a threat to Thailand. It becomes more and more ugly and shocking how rotten deep to the core they are.

It is really ugl even after everything is documented and filmed including his order to make fake papers for the cause of the death, still lying . Even when whole Thailand watched it , then this press conference is really an insult to all Thais from this ygly policechief who arrange this incredible ugly press conference. Whole Thailand is shocked about this deep rotten rtp.

• Cool 1

I have no fears that Jo Ferrari will escape justice.

It's not worth worrying about it, because his avoiding a conviction is a foregone conclusion.

It's Thailand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Read the full story

Only in Thailand! He put 6 plastic bags over a mans head and his excuse was he didn’t want him to see his face 🤣 maybe police chief never heard of blindfolds lol so stupid is this and corruption is rife!

• Like 2

What do they expect from a corrupt police department and complacent government ! As I stated in a previous comment; a system that rewards officers with spoils from the "catch of the day" is infested with corruption! Simply put "you commit a murder, you attempt to cover it up, you cop a plea and your department investigates you, and your acquittal is assured" ! Until there is police/military reform this will be the status quo and with the present administration/government I don't see reform in the near future !

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Read the full story

If it is illegal to bring the Monarchy into disrepute and this guy is a member of the RTP and a corrupt murdering git, then maybe people should try and get liege majesty charges included. 

• Like 2

Who r we kidding! We all know the verdict. He will released with a clean chit, maybe with a merit award. The 'Boss' case has already revealed the holes in the system.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrStretch said:

It's not worth worrying about it, because his avoiding a conviction is a foregone conclusion.

It's Thailand.

The Thais see that totally different than you for them this is an insult to the Thai people.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

5 hours ago, MrStretch said:

It's Thailand.

Agreed. It’s utterly shameful. The Thais talk crap about “Thainess” and “Land of Smiles”. It’s a totally corrupt and vile situation in Thailand when it comes to authorities and the law. It’s events like this that make me reconsider my long term involvement in the country. Utterly disgraceful and the international community should be applying pressure. This guy who was killed may well have been a drug dealer, but he was in the custody of the police. Can you imagine the global outcry if this was to happen in the U.S or a European country. Look what happened in America when the equally disgusting George Floyd incident happened. America and the developed world were outraged. This incident hasn’t made the news outside of the country as far as I can tell.  

Perhaps if potential tourists really understood what goes on in the country, they may think twice about handing over their money to the country and going on holiday. 

8 hours ago, Stardust said:

The Thais see that totally different than you for them this is an insult to the Thai people.

I'm not sure what Thais you are speaking of.

Most of the educated Thais that I know admit the faults in their institutional systems, like the rampant corruption in the police department and don't think our acknowledging that is an insult to them...but to the institution itself, which rightly deserves it.

• Cool 1

20 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

I'm not sure what Thais you are speaking of.

Most of the educated Thais that I know admit the faults in their institutional systems, like the rampant corruption in the police department and don't think our acknowledging that is an insult to them...but to the institution itself, which rightly deserves it.

Please read the Thai social media including what the educated and academics write. And if you cannot read thai or talk please not say what most Thais are thinking at the moment . Also follow the Thai talkshows then you will see how insulted they feel about that!

• Like 2