News Forum - Bangkok Hospital Phuket offers expats vaccines including Pfizer

Thaiger

Another round of free Covid-19 vaccinations for expats was announced yesterday, this time with the option of receiving the Pfizer vaccine. Bangkok Hospital in Phuket made the announcement stating that they would be providing expats the free vaccines in partnership with the Department of Disease Control, but they would only be offering inoculation for those who have never received any Covid-19 vaccines before. The announcement allowed registration until Friday, September 3, but the date of vaccination has yet to be set. In fact, the notice warns that registration is just a survey to calculate interest and does not guarantee Bangkok […]

The post Bangkok Hospital Phuket offers expats vaccines including Pfizer appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Good.  I got my second shot yesterday.  Easy.  But I gotta say, I hope I don’t look like some of those hooligan looking farang when I’m 60.  That place was DMV x10.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Good.  I got my second shot yesterday.  Easy.  But I gotta say, I hope I don’t look like some of those hooligan looking farang when I’m 60.  That place was DMV x10.  

If you spend too long in Thailand then you probably will look like them! Good to hear you had a positive experience with the Covid jab

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Soidog said:

If you spend too long in Thailand then you probably will look like them! Good to hear you had a positive experience with the Covid jab

Or where that’s close could you go to get a jab that you would want? On your terms? Maybe Georgia is offering something? Somewhere in Europe? 

2 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

How can they be offering vaccines when they have none.

What a sham of publicity.

It all sounds odd.

Surely they've been allocated by the government, and they're then obliged to vaccinate accordingly?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Craig said:

What do you expect? The sensible ones like me left and went back to civilisation once things got bad there and had our inoculations straight away.

We will go back when it is worth going back, I guess that will take a year or so.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

That better not be my second jab they are offering.

I suppose your step-daughter in the picture has had both of her vaccinations seeing as she is Thai (I'm assuming Thai)?

Farangs are at the bottom of the queue I suppose. 

21 minutes ago, JamesR said:

What do you expect? The sensible ones like me left and went back to civilisation once things got bad there and had our inoculations straight away.

We will go back when it is worth going back, I guess that will take a year or so.

Better you stay there, loser.

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

At least I have to the choice to stay here or stay there, unlike many farangs in Thailand.

Edited by King Cotton
Quarrelsome content deleted.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

It all sounds odd.

Surely they've been allocated by the government, and they're then obliged to vaccinate accordingly?

It does look odd, but It doesn't actually say when the vaccinations will take place.. could be in 2 months when supposidly the Pfizer starts turning up.. you've seen the take up here well short of what was needed,  many here not want sinovac.  it looks appealing. but do you actually get to chose your vaccine? Wouldnt be surprised if Maybe you sign up and get what's available!  

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Bangkok Hospital in Phuket made the announcement stating that they would be providing expats the free vaccines in partnership with the Department of Disease Control, but they would only be offering inoculation for those who have never received any Covid-19 vaccines before.

So let’s all travel down to the sandbox now to get our Pfizer. As long as we don’t have any dirty criminal records etc we should get in. They should now have flights from all the zones that will be opening for the new tourist zones in October. ….. is there a Bangkok hospital offering this in Chiang Mai? I hope so.

• Cool 1

3 hours ago, MrStretch said:

That better not be my second jab they are offering.

Or my first Pfizer. …. Oh well off to the 7/11 for my rum bottle 

• Like 1