News Forum - Covid UPDATE Saturday: 292 new deaths, news briefs

Thaiger

The public health department have announced 292 Covid-related deaths in Thailand over the past 24 hours. There’s also been an additional 17,984 new infections announced, 324 of them from the Thai prison system. 5,109 patients are still in a serious condition with 1,069 people on artificial respiration. 20,535 patients have been released from state care across the country. The Thaiger will post the provincial totals just after lunch time. • The New York Office of the Tourism Authority of Thailand says that Americans who are fully vaccinated are looking to travel to destinations without complex restrictions. American travellers are looking […]

The post Covid UPDATE Saturday: 292 new deaths, news briefs appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The vast majority of Americans and Canadians will simply be going to Mexico.  Don't expect many here with their ridiculous policies and confusion.

• Like 6

If someone gets infected with, the virus that was discovered in China from another in a travel group or airline ,those people will spend a considerable amount of their vacation in a Q room.

Best to wait another 6 -9 months before dropping 3- 10k ,while exercising due diligence.

• Like 5

Has anyone got the or any data for number of daily tests? the last I saw and now can't find!  the testing had dropped from 60k to under 50k a day and infection rates were around 36% of testing..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

Has anyone got the or any data for number of daily tests? the last I saw and now can't find!  the testing had dropped from 60k to under 50k a day and infection rates were around 36% of testing..

Yup, I posted elsewhere it was max 100k tests. Actually done around 50k per day with 40% positives.

But no conclusions to be drawn, as it's not random testing but in high risk areas only.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Yup, I posted elsewhere it was max 100k tests. Actually done around 50k per day with 40% positives.

But no conclusions to be drawn, as it's not random testing but in high risk areas only.

Exactly - you can draw pretty much whatever conclusions you like from the tests.

Not so the deaths, though .....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billywillyjones said:

The vast majority of Americans and Canadians will simply be going to Mexico.  Don't expect many here with their ridiculous policies and confusion.

And that is exactly what they are doing. In the last month I have had several friends vacation in Mexico.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Exactly - you can draw pretty much whatever conclusions you like from the tests.

Not so the deaths, though .....

Correct. Roughly 300 a day means 60.000 infections about 2-3 weeks ago. They're reporting around 20.000 go home each day and 20.000 new (tested) cases each day, so 40.000 happily and obliviously freely walking around spreading the virus.

I can not believe anyone in their right mind allowing that. Even this government.

I think they must not ask for advice or not get it correctly from their friends around the trough, afraid of losing their spot.

If it's intentional, it's criminal.

Edited by Bob20
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

And that is exactly what they are doing. In the last month I have had several friends vacation in Mexico.

A whole bunch of Thai-American youtubers too. But then again why would they vacation in Thailand, it’s like their other home anyways. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

A whole bunch of Thai-American youtubers too. But then again why would they vacation in Thailand, it’s like their other home anyways. 

That is vaccinated Thai-American youtubers having way more fun than us here.

6 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The public health department have announced 292 Covid-related deaths in Thailand over the past 24 hours.

What is a covid related death? Are we still getting reports on automotive related deaths? Have we locked down the highways until the numbers of those deaths are less than 5 per day? If not, why not?

Also, can someone explain why the more they vaccinate the more cases and deaths rise? I thought the opposite was supposed to happen.

• Thanks 1

Come on man, they just pulled that COVID-19 cases out of their asses, do you think that any of those Thai citizens have money to get the real test for COVID-19? Thailand is in poverty & life support mode right now. As long as you have minor symptoms like coughing, sneezing & runny nose, it's automatically have COVID-19 & that's count in Thailand on cases. They have been doing that for 5 months now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, billywillyjones said:

Don't forget Amsterdam & Ibiza, many Americans are flying there right now.

• Cool 1

"...5,109 patients are still in a serious condition..."

I wonder how many cancer patients are in a serious condition? How many have died in the last 18 months from the flu? It is normally quite a high figure in Thailand I believe.

There is no context to any of these figures. They are meaningless, as is the volume of testing, which tells you nothing of value unless the whole population were to be tested on the same day.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

Testing is irrelevant IMHO. It is always too late - those that have it have already spread it and when most people don't even know they have it, it is pointless. Testing is a product of a failed nil cases policy.

Better to concentrate resources on trying to protect the vulnerable and elderly, supporting the health system and distributing Ivermectin.

• Like 1