News Forum - Flooding in Pattaya over 1 metre deep strands cars, floods homes

Thaiger

Pattaya was battered this morning by heavy rains that caused flooding in rural areas and major city roads in Pattaya and Banglamung. The floods stranded many vehicles on the road with some areas seeing floodwaters reaching up to 1 metre high. Many criticised local authorities as flood management projects were supposed to help avoid situations like this. The heavy rains pounded Pattaya for 5 hours, starting during the morning rush hour around 7:30 am and not relenting until midday in most areas. The gathering water hit roads around the city and surrounding area from 30 centimetres in some areas to […]

The post Flooding in Pattaya over 1 metre deep strands cars, floods homes appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Pattaya has the worst roads in all of Thailand thanks to a skimming corrupt civic govt.  They have dug up so many roads and installed a ridiculous drainage system made up of steel grates that are already caving in causing massive potholes and even sinkholes.  Imagine what would happen if the buses were pounding these roads.

The recent floods are a testament to their stupidity and corruption.  These public work projects are nothing more than a constant skimmng of public coffers.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

How many times have there been upgrades and improvements to the drains. How many millions of baht has been wasted by those in charge on these projects and still every time any significant rain comes the city floods. When are the people of Pattaya going to say, enough is enough, get these clowns voted out.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Graham said:

When are the people of Pattaya going to say,

mai pen rai! Did you eat rice yet?  Why no sleep??

• Haha 2

Wonder how the beach looks like now? Probably better idea to direct beach renovation money to flood prevention. I had my house flooded twice in Pattaya. Thankfully, I sold it and moved to Bangkok. Pattaya never again! Thank you 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

6 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

*struggles to think of a bargirl joke*

I think I got the spelling wrong. Her name is Mor Pips. Not More Pipes. A good lay 😂😂

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Soidog said:

Time to dig up Beach Road again and lay more pipes. 

And another new beach project awarded to the same contractors as always

10 minutes ago, gummy said:

Running way over budget, suspiciously - 

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

my god, has this ever happened before? 

yes many times, i was reading this and saw the photo, first thing what i was thinking, but they suppose to fix this problem already a long time ago, so i read on and it was even mentioned, they opened up the roads etc. for a long time and supposed to have fixed it with bigger pipes, but like i mentioned once before this was probably again a project assigned to the BROTHER of the mayor, and we all know how he does the work.... NOT GOOD EVER or start on it and never finish it....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gummy said:

brother of the mayor that is (the contractor) roads of Pattaya are bad they have always been and will always be unless they kick out that mayor and his brother.... and get a descent guy to run it all... i wonder how many UNFINISHED projects there are in Pattaya, but a LOT

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

well there is one good thing about this, they do not need to cut the water from residences (like they always do) because there is not enough water 🤪

Edited by Paco

3 hours ago, river7471 said:

Looks like some people forgot to give Buddha offerings again.  Bad karma.

Yes, bad karma for sure and thanks for this, your debut post!

Hello, river7471 and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

1 hour ago, Paco said:

well there is one good thing about this, they do not need to cut the water from residences (like they always do) because there is not enough water 🤪

Certainly not this time of year - flooding or not.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

brother of the mayor that is (the contractor) roads of Pattaya are bad they have always been and will always be unless they kick out that mayor and his brother.... and get a descent guy to run it all... i wonder how many UNFINISHED projects there are in Pattaya, but a LOT

To be fair (ha ha ha) it was happening for decades before any alleged mafia family was involved. It's an annual event, just like the buffalo races or songkran.

It never stopped. Whoever was mayor at the time always to claiming they were going to sort out the problem, spending money like (flood) water and apparently getting richer at the same time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

To be fair (ha ha ha) it was happening for decades before any alleged mafia family was involved. It's an annual event, just like the buffalo races or songkran.

It never stopped. Whoever was mayor at the time always to claiming they were going to sort out the problem, spending money like (flood) water and apparently getting richer at the same time.

Yeah it simply puts down so much water it is really impossible to control it but the good news is it naturally drains in a few hours but of course there is little profit to skim in natural drainage.