News Forum - Restrictions eased in “dark red” provinces; new “Covid Free” initiative

Thaiger

I’m guessing this is more of a strategy to convince people to get the vaccine

I know some Thai friends who are hesitant to get the vaccine because they strictly want Pfizer or moderna vaccines. 

• Like 2

It is as if the goons were deliberately trying to sabotage their own economy, and put millions out of work, and they could not possibly be doing a better job of it. Really, in the 7 years these retrograde dinosaurs have been around, it is the only thing they have succeeded at. Talk about a shot to the foot.

In terms of opening up to tourism, the one principal here, that they have still not come to grips with, is that Thailand needs the world, 100x more than the world needs Thailand.

Thailand continues to be tone deaf, on the wrong side of history, and feeble, in its minor attempts to progress into this century. Anything this administration does is typically dumb, and unplanned. And the effects, ramifications and future are never considered. 

The economy is decimated, and has likely contracted by at least 10%, unemployment is likely 40%, and it will take years for the nation to recover from this idiotic and highly selective sabotage. Shut down mom and pop, but keep the massive cluster canning factories, construction sites, and factories open, and let people travel unimpeded from cluster areas, to anywhere in the nation. Smart. Real smart, guys. 

The "ghost town effect" is only partially about Covid. It is more about the non leaders instilling massive doses of fear into the public consciousness, shutting down anything fun, and doing next to nothing to control this thing. Prayuth is a failure. Everything he touches turns to crap. 

cf494f5abff342a180b8739938064efa.jpeg

Edited by dmacarelli
  • Like 3

Just now, dmacarelli said:

It is as if the goons were deliberately trying to sabotage their own economy, and put millions out of work, and they could not possibly be doing a better job of it. Really, in the 7 years these retrograde dinosaurs have been around, it is the only thing they have succeeded at. Talk about a shot to the foot.

In terms of opening up to tourism, the one principal here, that they have still not come to grips with, is that Thailand needs the world, 100x more than the world needs Thailand.

Thailand continues to be tone deaf, on the wrong side of history, and feeble, in its minor attempts to progress into this century. Anything this administration does is typically dumb, and unplanned. And the effects, ramifications and future are never considered. 

The economy is decimated, unemployment is likely 40%, the economy has likely contracted by 10%, and it will take years for the nation to recover from this idiotic and highly selective sabotage. 

When you have depravity and corruption the prime requisite for running the country one should not expect anything better.

3 hours ago, gummy said:

When you have depravity and corruption the prime requisite for running the country one should not expect anything better.

Depraved is a good description of these fake puritans. True wolves in sheep's clothing. 

Let us hope someone from the Future Forward Party, on the level of Thanathorn comes forward. Or someone else. Anyone capable of real leadership and a vision for the future, which does not include a Quaker agenda of putting all the nightlife in the nation out of business.

The ruling party is despised like never before. They have richly earned that hatred and disapproval. They are thugs, drug lords, and thiefs. And add to that the inability to contain Covid, and the willful sabotage of the tourism sector, and you have all the ingredients for losing a "fair election". How far out they are willing to extend themselves to secure a stolen election, remains to be seen, and so do the repercussions for such a move. 

The people have to make a statement, the people have to remove the 250 crony senators, and the people have to find a way to turn this nation around, and drag it back from the stone age of dinosaur leadership. 

Prayuth, Pratin, Anutin, Phiphat, and the mafia chief Prompow must go. These guys are toxic, corrosive, corrupt, ineffective, incompetent, untrustworthy, very bad for the nation, and virtually assure a rotten future for the nation, a drop to 75th place in GDP, and increasing irrelevance. They have already turned Thailand from the tiger of SE Asia, to a sorry, rabid, whiny, diseased, anemic alley cat, becoming less and less relevant by the day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is all well and good for those that have had an opportunity to be vaccinated but what about the ones that haven't had that opportunity and who pays for the covid test 

7 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Depraved is a good description of these fake puritans. True wolves in sheep's clothing. 

Let us hope someone from the Future Forward Party, on the level of Thanathorn comes forward. Or someone else. Anyone capable of real leadership and a vision for the future, which does not include a Quaker agenda of putting all the nightlife in the nation out of business.

The ruling party is despised like never before. They have richly earned that hatred and disapproval. They are thugs, drug lords, and thiefs. And add to that the inability to contain Covid, and the willful sabotage of the tourism sector, and you have all the ingredients for losing a "fair election". How far out they are willing to extend themselves to secure a stolen election, remains to be seen, and so do the repercussions for such a move. 

The people have to make a statement, the people have to remove the 250 crony senators, and the people have to find a way to turn this nation around, and drag it back from the stone age of dinosaur leadership. 

Prayuth, Pratin, Anutin, Phiphat, and the mafia chief Prompow must go. These guys are toxic, corrosive, corrupt, ineffective, incompetent, untrustworthy, very bad for the nation, and virtually assure a rotten future for the nation, a drop to 75th place in GDP, and increasing irrelevance. They have already turned Thailand from the tiger of SE Asia, to a sorry, rabid, whiny, diseased, anemic alley cat, becoming less and less relevant by the day. 

How do the people remove 250 hand picked senators that were never elected along with an unelected pm 

6 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

i guess pool in my condo will remain closed, for some reason foot massage is safer than swimming in a private pool, TIT

When I was in the US this past Christmas, and went to use the restroom at a restaurant, there was a long line for both boys and girls restrooms. When I finally got in, they taped off half of the stalls and urinals. 

I guess you can only get Covid while taking a piss. 

9 minutes ago, MikeW said:

How do the people remove 250 hand picked senators that were never elected along with an unelected pm 

Brute force, in a very creative and subversive fashion. Civil disobedience, at any and every levels possible, and when this Covid junk is gone, millions upon millions in the streets, along with the older generation. It can and will happen. Just watch and wait. 

• Like 3

If they were serious about closing businesses that were high risk, they would shut down Prayuth's immigration franchisees on the Burmese border, they would shut down his generals and top cops involved in drug smuggling, and they would shut down the human trafficking, slave trading, and illegal fishing operations. Plus the construction sites, and canning plants, that continues to churn out thousands of new Covid cases per week. 

That might be a good place to start. If only they were sincere, which we all know they are anything but. 

Always easier to pick on the little guy. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nikoncam said:

enjoy your booster subscription along with Netflix and Disney+ subscriptions

Booster subscription? Visit the U.K. and get it for free😂. As for Netflix and Disney+, buy a jailbroken firestick and you don’t need to pay for them either 😉

5 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Booster subscription? Visit the U.K. and get it for free😂. As for Netflix and Disney+, buy a jailbroken firestick and you don’t need to pay for them either 😉

Definitely. My annual flu jab has been brought forward by 6 weeks (in preparation for the Covid booster). Much as I try, I fail to understand the rationale of Prayut and his Government. Meanwhile the average Thai suffers and struggles.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dmacarelli said:

Can I conclude that you don’t like this government? 😉

I shouldn’t make light of what is a truly deplorable situation. I’d like to think there would be some form of mass rejection of the current leadership, but it just never seems to happen in Thailand. Over the decades there have been some bloody flare ups, but it is soon quashed and goes back to how it’s always been. My strategy for dealing with Thailand is to enjoy its good parts and keep a firm grasp on reality by making sure I have something back in my home country to turn to. 

Do you really think the people who work at these restaurants are going to be bothered to check if you've been vaccinated or not? And as far as testing for the virus who's paying for that? Does the CCSA really believe these convoluted rules will be enforced?? 🤔 

34 minutes ago, BananaJ said:

Do you really think the people who work at these restaurants are going to be bothered to check if you've been vaccinated or not? And as far as testing for the virus who's paying for that? Does the CCSA really believe these convoluted rules will be enforced?? 🤔 

Spoke to an owner of a restaurant today. She showed me an online app they are supposed to use. And then she basically said the authorities have done enough sabotage. To hell with them. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gummy said:

Or shouldn't anything to change regarding any such dreamy future.

As the traditional cycles continue on as they have for decades.

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Why bother with that. Just torrent, get what you want, music, tv, movies, books, magazines …. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Meechai said:

“Thai officials are shifting their focus to work on ways the public can safely live with the presence of the coronavirus rather than trying to completely eradicate it.”

This makes sense to me as a large portion of Covidiots will never get the vaccine.

Time for plan B, which of course there is none.  In ecological terms, the human population surpassed sustainability at around 3 Billion people.  that was 60 years ago.  If a pandemic doesn't get us, likely climate change and its resulting catastrophes will.

Stay tuned for a more positive outlook in my next comment - 555

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, dmacarelli said:

Some might be sensing a very strong desire for the good Thai population to truly act as a unified collective - not just a handful of rebellious "students" on the streets now and again - if such a thing could be coordinated in an intelligent fashion, the possibilities are theirs to be had. Perhaps an alternative tact is in order....a Gandhi-esque practice of living one's protest could be damaging if directed in the right manner. A sort of long term "General Strike" might set the stage. Or not. 

Any positive direction or change surely requires a permanent removal [from society and societal consciousness] of the traditional powers that be. Can't just trim a few branches and call it good. That doesn't work....as more branches will naturally cycle in. The base and the roots need to be severed. 

i think we can see what wandering unvaccinated Thais can do in Phuket

i have this feeling with interprovincial travel relaxed and these other associated testing stuff which will never most likely be followed up on i can see a country wide problem occurring quite simply  there are not enough people vaccinated with quality vaccine's

But i suppose the emperor and his trusty side know best  

silly me they barely know the time of day!

its going to be a pretty torrid time ahead

1 hour ago, Rain said:

Some might be sensing a very strong desire for the good Thai population to truly act as a unified collective - not just a handful of rebellious "students" on the streets now and again - if such a thing could be coordinated in an intelligent fashion, the possibilities are theirs to be had. Perhaps an alternative tact is in order....a Gandhi-esque practice of living one's protest could be damaging if directed in the right manner. A sort of long term "General Strike" might set the stage. Or not. 

Any positive direction or change surely requires a permanent removal [from society and societal consciousness] of the traditional powers that be. Can't just trim a few branches and call it good. That doesn't work....as more branches will naturally cycle in. The base and the roots need to be severed. 

They are famous for putting up road blocks everywhere throughout the country to turn prospective Bangkok protesters back. Did it to the red shirts all too much to keep them out if Bangkok. If the masses want to get together they need to take Bangkok by storm and protest in every city giving the junta and official no where to hide. This openly allowing travel is just plainly a very bad idea. But what do they care, they are all vaccinated. I say stay away from CM until we all are vaccinated. 

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

18 hours ago, Rain said:

If the people really rose up, the army would be gone quickly. 

Edited by KaptainRob
Promoting or fostering of violent acts is against FG's