News Forum - Restrictions eased in “dark red” provinces; new “Covid Free” initiative

Thaiger

5 hours ago, Emma said:

The quarantine time could be reduced even more if the person has a booster COVID vaccination on record. 

Link?

7 hours ago, poohy said:

I have read and reread i understand not one iota

Phew I thought it was only me !

I thought Transam had posted it at first!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Ones that ran out of brown envelopes...

The phrase 'brown envelopes' is banned on here - thank you for your assistance

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Emma said:

Hi, Manish. I agree with what you wrote. I'm a single, female traveler to Asia. I went to Korea, decided to give in to the quarantine, and stayed 5 weeks afterwards. It really wasn't worth it as I'm vaccinated, took a PCR test to board the plane, 3 tests while in quarantine, then, took another one to fly home. I think the 14 night quarantine is definitely unnecessary. I'm flying into Thailand, however, and will quarantine in November. I wish the time was reduced as well. I'm not a business person, but just want to enjoy time in Thailand. The quarantine time could be reduced even more if the person has a booster COVID vaccination on record. 

So why are you planning on coming to a country in partial lockdown if you want to “enjoy Thailand”? Save your money and come next October when the place will be open 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are roughly 60% vaccinated here in this part of the USA

Numbers still jump for infections period & even more so as incoming tourists increase= of course more bodies more infections

To be honest I think I'm over it...all of it

They really all of them...every country have a wealth of no idea. The vac's do not really work although they claim lesser symptoms...I think the oldest leaves were burnt off in first covid pass anyway

So I think what the Thai's said here

“Thai officials are shifting their focus to work on ways the public can safely live with the presence of the coronavirus rather than trying to completely eradicate it.”

It is actually correct & the only real option for the world unless we will stay inside etc till the end

Truth is we need to just get on with it. Will some die? Well they always did & will continue to do so vac or not as seen in the USA & elsewhere

The statement bolded above is correct but their methods are still silly

Haircuts ok but only 1 hour in chair? Why because infection is impossible if under an hour exposed?

Same for buses...Ok but stop every few hours to open doors & let air in? Why again?

It is what it is ...A bad a$$ flu...ok get on with life now...Stay safe as you can...wash hands dont touch face & mouth & live your life...or die in a quarantine area...Either way prize is the same for everyone in the end. None are getting out of here alive no matter what Who, CDC, Fauci etc tell you

They have admitted herd immunity is never going to happen with a quickly mutating virus so goodbye pandemic...Hello endemic & yearly covid same as many Flu strains

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Emma said:

Hi, Manish. I agree with what you wrote. I'm a single, female traveler to Asia. I went to Korea, decided to give in to the quarantine, and stayed 5 weeks afterwards. It really wasn't worth it as I'm vaccinated, took a PCR test to board the plane, 3 tests while in quarantine, then, took another one to fly home. I think the 14 night quarantine is definitely unnecessary. I'm flying into Thailand, however, and will quarantine in November. I wish the time was reduced as well. I'm not a business person, but just want to enjoy time in Thailand. The quarantine time could be reduced even more if the person has a booster COVID vaccination on record. 

'Want to enjoy time in Thailand' . . . Yes, like thousands more!   And your debut post, too, so thanks for that!

Hello, Emma and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ManishB said:

Unlike a lot of countries still battling with COVID…..who have eased the quarantine rule for business traveller…..it’s important that Thai government either removes the 14 day quarantine rule or reduce it to no more than 4-7 days for international business travellers. Businessmen like us who have business in Thailand are unable to travel to bangkok can see their business suffer. No one can spare 14 days in quarantine for a 2-3 days of work !! 14 days quarantine rule is ridiculous and shortsighted !! 

Valid concerns, for sure, for the potential business traveller.  And your debut post, too . . . thanks for that!

Hello, ManishB and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Soidog said:

Jesus H Christ, I’ve just read the full article and this surely has to be one of two things. An April Fools joke? Or a government that has just thrown in the towel and said “Fu*k It. Let it rip” 

I would need to exceed the maximum file size to fully describe the shortcomings of this plan, so I’ll point out just one.

If you have been vaccinated (Residents it says. Whatever that means?) you will get a Green Pass. But if you have tested negative or recovered from Covid you will get a yellow pass. Surely that is the wrong way around. I know several people who were fully vaccinated and 6 weeks later caught the virus, one of which was feeling very light symptoms and didn’t think anything of it. In the two days he had it before testing himself he passed it on to his wife and his son plus likely two work colleagues. You are more protected against the virus if you have had it than just vaccinated. I’m totally baffled. 

A373F578-9A11-499B-AA9C-863F047B5EFC.gif

Last year you could make mistakes as everyone was in the dark.

Now it is criminal behaviour.

• Like 1

what a bunch of clowns, no one wants vaccine passports, we are all tired of this daily dose of nonsense. just open back up and stfu about covid.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, nikoncam said:

what a bunch of clowns, no one wants vaccine passports, we are all tired of this daily dose of nonsense. just open back up and stfu about covid.

I think this image explains things pretty well.

health.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Rain said:

Yeah. That works.

Of the last six months, the beloved authorities of every flavour, seemed to have gone out of their way completely mismanage and mangle everything COVID associated. A current clusterphuck. This is where we stand today. 

And to think back - for nearly a year, Thailand was rightfully ranked, consistently, in the top 4-5 in the world towards the manner in which it was handled. Societal luck, perhaps. 

...and then, from March [???] it all went south. WTF happened? Outside of the usual govt incompetence, vacant understanding and whiffs of Thainess.

what happened was the vaccines rollout.

vaccines brought covid to Thailand and made case numbers go up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, nikoncam said:

Speak for yourself mate.

We're all fed up. But ignoring it doesn't make the problem go away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Emma said:

enjoy your booster subscription along with Netflix and Disney+ subscriptions

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexPTY said:

i guess pool in my condo will remain closed, for some reason foot massage is safer than swimming in a private pool, TIT

Swimming would probably be allowed if they were able to replace the chloride water with hand sanitizer.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, nikoncam said:

Over 4 million people wish they could respond.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Disease control measures are easing in Thailand’s “dark red” provinces, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration announced today. Starting September 1, the ban on interprovincial public transportation will be lifted, restaurants will be allowed to offer dine-in services, and other businesses will be allowed to reopen. The 9pm to 4am stay-at-home order in the “dark red” zones remains in effect, according to the Thai government’s news bureau. The CCSA is also starting a new initiative they call “Covid Free Setting,” requiring customers and staff at “high risk” establishments in “dark red” zones to be vaccinated, or test negative for the […]

The post Restrictions eased in “dark red” provinces; new “Covid Free” initiative appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Its finally sinking in that these lockdown measures have no effect on the number of people who have serious symptoms. 

If the number of cases is to be believed, there is really no point to continue to inflict hardship on people who have lost livelihoods, as the virus will soon reach everyone, and  herd immunity is now inevitable. 

Its time to end this lockdown madness.

For those that disagree, you are free to practice personal lockdown to your hearts content.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Meechai said:

We are roughly 60% vaccinated here in this part of the USA

Numbers still jump for infections period & even more so as incoming tourists increase= of course more bodies more infections

To be honest I think I'm over it...all of it

They really all of them...every country have a wealth of no idea. The vac's do not really work although they claim lesser symptoms...I think the oldest leaves were burnt off in first covid pass anyway

So I think what the Thai's said here

“Thai officials are shifting their focus to work on ways the public can safely live with the presence of the coronavirus rather than trying to completely eradicate it.”

It is actually correct & the only real option for the world unless we will stay inside etc till the end

Truth is we need to just get on with it. Will some die? Well they always did & will continue to do so vac or not as seen in the USA & elsewhere

The statement bolded above is correct but their methods are still silly

Haircuts ok but only 1 hour in chair? Why because infection is impossible if under an hour exposed?

Same for buses...Ok but stop every few hours to open doors & let air in? Why again?

It is what it is ...A bad a$$ flu...ok get on with life now...Stay safe as you can...wash hands dont touch face & mouth & live your life...or die in a quarantine area...Either way prize is the same for everyone in the end. None are getting out of here alive no matter what Who, CDC, Fauci etc tell you

They have admitted herd immunity is never going to happen with a quickly mutating virus so goodbye pandemic...Hello endemic & yearly covid same as many Flu strains

Agree with you, but I would add that we need to make sure that this madness can never be allowed to happen again.

This will not be the last ''virus'' we will be fearmongered about.

Big Pharms and Bio Weapon research labs will see to that.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, AdamX said:

Its finally sinking in that these lockdown measures have no effect on the number of people who have serious symptoms. 

If the number of cases is to be believed, there is really no point to continue to inflict hardship on people who have lost livelihoods, as the virus will soon reach everyone, and  herd immunity is now inevitable. 

Its time to end this lockdown madness.

For those that disagree, you are free to practice personal lockdown to your hearts content.

Lockdowns are show to have great effect worldwide, bringing down the R-rate.

Here in Thailand we get too few detail from the government to actually "know" something.

In other countries where they pro-actively test, calculate R-rate, differentiate between vaccinated/unvaccinated etc. they know what they're doing now and take decisions based on fact or take a calculated risk.

Here they fly blind and nobody can make sense of it.

The ones that ignore the problem, feeling today is the day to ease restrictions because they're fed-up, will be the first to complain if the catch the virus and suffer health issues.

Gut feeling is not how you deal with people's lives.

12 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Lockdowns are show to have great effect worldwide, bringing down the R-rate.

Here in Thailand we get too few detail from the government to actually "know" something.

In other countries where they pro-actively test, calculate R-rate, differentiate between vaccinated/unvaccinated etc. they know what they're doing now and take decisions based on fact or take a calculated risk.

Here they fly blind and nobody can make sense of it.

The ones that ignore the problem, feeling today is the day to ease restrictions because they're fed-up, will be the first to complain if the catch the virus and suffer health issues.

Gut feeling is not how you deal with people's lives.

Has anyone does a cost benefit analysis on lockdowns.

Is the price for lockdowns worth paying.

The following article is worth a read for anyone who wishes to look beyond so called deaths

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the-bizarre-refusal-to-apply-cost

• Like 1