News Forum - Restrictions eased in “dark red” provinces; new “Covid Free” initiative

Thaiger

Disease control measures are easing in Thailand’s “dark red” provinces, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration announced today. Starting September 1, the ban on interprovincial public transportation will be lifted, restaurants will be allowed to offer dine-in services, and other businesses will be allowed to reopen. The 9pm to 4am stay-at-home order in the “dark red” zones remains in effect, according to the Thai government’s news bureau. The CCSA is also starting a new initiative they call “Covid Free Setting,” requiring customers and staff at “high risk” establishments in “dark red” zones to be vaccinated, or test negative for the […]

The post Restrictions eased in “dark red” provinces; new “Covid Free” initiative appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Over the past few days I’ve been trying to think what they may do as a first step to easing restrictions. I thought outdoor activities such as golf course would open. Perhaps outdoor dining would also be allowed at restaurants and ending curfews as that’s doing nothing. I made a few lists with each getting more and more risky. They ranked from the likely and probable to the highly risky and silly. But interprovincial travel was not even on my “don’t be Ef’In stupid list” 

5012BF34-E0C9-47E3-AE82-5BF66A86504C.gif

• Like 8

And where and how are these green and yellow cards supposed to be distributed?

Will they have the person's picture or biometic information in order to prevent fraudulent use, or will it just be a green piece of paper that says "I got my vaccine!"  And if that vaccine is the useless Sinovac, does that qualify for a green card?

Once again, braindead decisions...good intentions (or just trying to save their political reputations) but really poor on the execution.

Edited by MrStretch
  • Like 5

I’ve just read the full article and this surely has to be one of two things. An April Fools joke? Or a government that has just thrown in the towel and said “ Let it rip” 

I would need to exceed the maximum file size to fully describe the shortcomings of this plan, so I’ll point out just one.

If you have been vaccinated (Residents it says. Whatever that means?) you will get a Green Pass. But if you have tested negative or recovered from Covid you will get a yellow pass. Surely that is the wrong way around. I know several people who were fully vaccinated and 6 weeks later caught the virus, one of which was feeling very light symptoms and didn’t think anything of it. In the two days he had it before testing himself he passed it on to his wife and his son plus likely two work colleagues. You are more protected against the virus if you have had it than just vaccinated. I’m totally baffled. 

A373F578-9A11-499B-AA9C-863F047B5EFC.gif

Edited by bushav8r
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Jesus H Christ, I’ve just read the full article and this surely has to be one of two things. An April Fools joke? Or a government that has just thrown in the towel and said “Fu*k It. Let it rip” 

I would need to exceed the maximum file size to fully describe the shortcomings of this plan, so I’ll point out just one.

If you have been vaccinated (Residents it says. Whatever that means?) you will get a Green Pass. But if you have tested negative or recovered from Covid you will get a yellow pass. Surely that is the wrong way around. I know several people who were fully vaccinated and 6 weeks later caught the virus, one of which was feeling very light symptoms and didn’t think anything of it. In the two days he had it before testing himself he passed it on to his wife and his son plus likely two work colleagues. You are more protected against the virus if you have had it than just vaccinated. I’m totally baffled. 

My post of the day, here, @Soidog! Thanks for that chillingly clear portrayal of a govt gone off the rails.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Yeah. That works.

Of the last six months, the beloved authorities of every flavour, seemed to have gone out of their way completely mismanage and mangle everything COVID associated. A current clusterphuck. This is where we stand today. 

And to think back - for nearly a year, Thailand was rightfully ranked, consistently, in the top 4-5 in the world towards the manner in which it was handled. Societal luck, perhaps. 

...and then, from March [???] it all went south. WTF happened? Outside of the usual govt incompetence, vacant understanding and whiffs of Thainess.

Edited by Rain

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The 9pm to 4am stay-at-home order in the “dark red” zones remains in effect, according to the Thai government’s news bureau.

is the area around Asok BTS in the dark red zone?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Jesus H Christ, I’ve just read the full article and this surely has to be one of two things. An April Fools joke? Or a government that has just thrown in the towel and said “Fu*k It. Let it rip” 

Delusions that filter through all of the authority circles. 

Must be the special water that they take.

36 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Is this the last shot by a dying government to totally destroy this country before the next set of clowns take over the asylum.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

1 minute ago, Griff1315 said:

Is this the last shot by a dying government to totally destroy this country before the next set of clowns take over the asylum.

A sad state.

if it's any consolation, at least you are among this small number that realize that the theatre won't change even if the players do. 

The future. 

This decision is completely delusional. Suddenly we can "adapt and co-exist" after 100x higher case load than at the time when restrictions were introduced. But face diapers and curfew of course must persist, they are the important part.

On a more positive note, this means that my favourive pubstaurants serving vodka soup and beerstew can open up now.

Edited by THETRUTH
  • Like 3
  • Cool 1

Unlike a lot of countries still battling with COVID…..who have eased the quarantine rule for business traveller…..it’s important that Thai government either removes the 14 day quarantine rule or reduce it to no more than 4-7 days for international business travellers. Businessmen like us who have business in Thailand are unable to travel to bangkok can see their business suffer. No one can spare 14 days in quarantine for a 2-3 days of work !! 14 days quarantine rule is ridiculous and shortsighted !! 

Edited by ManishB
Missed a line
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

is the area around Asok BTS in the dark red zone?

Ha, ya, Yellow Card, Green Card, eh!  As long as I don't get Red Carded from Soi Cowboy I'm good!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, ManishB said:

Unlike a lot of countries still battling with COVID…..who have eased the quarantine rule for business traveller…..it’s important that Thai government either removes the 14 day quarantine rule or reduce it to no more than 4-7 days for international business travellers. Businessmen like us who have business in Thailand are unable to travel to bangkok can see their business suffer. No one can spare 14 days in quarantine for a 2-3 days of work !! 14 days quarantine rule is ridiculous and shortsighted !! 

Hi, Manish. I agree with what you wrote. I'm a single, female traveler to Asia. I went to Korea, decided to give in to the quarantine, and stayed 5 weeks afterwards. It really wasn't worth it as I'm vaccinated, took a PCR test to board the plane, 3 tests while in quarantine, then, took another one to fly home. I think the 14 night quarantine is definitely unnecessary. I'm flying into Thailand, however, and will quarantine in November. I wish the time was reduced as well. I'm not a business person, but just want to enjoy time in Thailand. The quarantine time could be reduced even more if the person has a booster COVID vaccination on record. 

• Like 1

Well done ,live with the virus but take care, press on with vaccine  it’s going to be around for years, let double vaccinated foreigners in before end of year.

It is not realistic to keep the service sector closed. Most Thais live paycheck to paycheck or worse, borrowing more and more on top of that just to survive. One month closure is a major pain, three months catastrophic.

• Like 1

It’s amazing how these dirty smelly farangs have got together and donated millions of quality injections to save Anutins ass whilst he presses on  to try and take over as PM . OMG now that’s a dark thought for the next chapter of this soap opera