News Forum - 470 kilograms of marijuana seized in Isaan; reportedly smuggled from Laos

Thaiger

Police in the Isaan province Nakhon Phanom seized 470 kilograms of compressed marijuana valued at around 10 million baht and arrested a 26 year old man on drug charges. Officers in the province’s Sri Songkhram district stopped a Mitsubishi Pajero which was travelling from Ban Phaeng, a district along the Mekong River bordering Laos. Police searched the vehicle and found 11 sacks with a total of 470 slabs of compressed cannabis. Each slab weighed one kilogram. The driver, 26 year old Supicha Pannok from Nakhon Ratchasima, was arrested. He allegedly told police that he was paid 50,000 baht from a man […]

The post 470 kilograms of marijuana seized in Isaan; reportedly smuggled from Laos appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Angry 1

Meh, looks like pressed low quality W€€D , most likely with pesticides and not grown professionally at all. 

Edited by FlipFlopArmy
  • Haha 1

Pot should be legal worldwide. It harms nobody, unless you count poor memory and lack of ambition as great offenses against the nation.

Illegal by who's definition? A corrupt government that is completely out of step with a changing world? Pot does little harm to anyone. The biggest risk is the the user will lose his ambition. Compared to alcohol the detriment to society is minuscule. Only the despots of the world continue to pursue these draconian convictions. The only reason why ganga is illegal in Thailand is due to the fact that legalization would make the police franchises less valuable. That is it. It ends there. This has nothing whatsoever to do with morality or character development. Quite the contrary. And to lump a pot smoker into the same category as a heroin addict is just plain old ridiculous and ignorant of the facts.

I would agree that it lowers the level of a person's ambition, if used alot. And it does slow down the minds of some. To say it makes a person stupid, makes me question your own level of intelligence, not to mention how judgmental and narrow minded, it makes you seem. 

I know plenty of brilliant people who smoke, and it has not slowed them down. To the contrary, alot of highly intelligent people use herb to slow down their brains, create some perspective, alter their perception and boost their creativity. Speaking from experience, there is little about ganga that is harmful, as long as it does not become a daily habit. I used to smoke occasionally. It was delightful, and did not make me stupid. It did make me funnier, and enhanced my life on several levels. Dancing, sex, skiing, music, movies, and many other activities seemed more enjoyable. 

• Like 3

Weed as a drug in my opinion isn't so bad. It rarely kills and is legal in some countries. Shame about the driver though as he should have been more careful not have taken a large sum of money for a unknown delivery. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

The problem with weed (not only in Thailand ) is you have to buy it illegally most of the time. 

and many dealers don’t only sell some flowers they sell hard drugs also. 

it should be sold legally with prescription from doctor like I many European countries possible (Germany etc )

That way you are sure it’s tested and no dealers around offering other drugs which (hopefully not ) spark your interest after some time. 

Edited by FlipFlopArmy
  • Like 3
  • Cool 1

2 hours ago, FlipFlopArmy said:

Meh, looks like pressed low quality W€€D , most likely with pesticides and not grown professionally at all. 

Isn't it all? Brown will frown, but beggars cannot be choosers.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Isn't it all? Brown will frown, but beggars cannot be choosers.

All weed in Thailand ? Don’t know but most likely it’s all bad quality like everything from Thailand.

If, i smoke only the good 22-25 % stuff 

Edited by FlipFlopArmy

15 hours ago, FlipFlopArmy said:

The problem with weed (not only in Thailand ) is you have to buy it illegally most of the time. 

and many dealers don’t only sell some flowers they sell hard drugs also. 

it should be sold legally with prescription from doctor like I many European countries possible (Germany etc )

That way you are sure it’s tested and no dealers around offering other drugs which (hopefully not ) spark your interest after some time. 

18 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Police in the Isaan province Nakhon Phanom seized 470 kilograms of compressed marijuana valued at around 10 million baht and arrested a 26 year old man on drug charges. Officers in the province’s Sri Songkhram district stopped a Mitsubishi Pajero which was travelling from Ban Phaeng, a district along the Mekong River bordering Laos. Police searched the vehicle and found 11 sacks with a total of 470 slabs of compressed cannabis. Each slab weighed one kilogram. The driver, 26 year old Supicha Pannok from Nakhon Ratchasima, was arrested. He allegedly told police that he was paid 50,000 baht from a man […]

The post 470 kilograms of marijuana seized in Isaan; reportedly smuggled from Laos appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Not sure what all the fuss is about as a few people around where I live grow their own.

2 hours ago, FlipFlopArmy said:

All weed in Thailand ? Don’t know but most likely it’s all bad quality like everything from Thailand.

If, i smoke only the good 22-25 % stuff 

Thailand has the good shit. Not talking about that compressed bunk though.

THC percentage is not a reliable indicator of how good weed is.

A good pure long season Thai sativa can have 8 percent THC and provide a soaring energetic creative high.While an indica dominant super high THC strain may be good for something like post chemotherapy but you could end up spending the whole time stuck to a sofa.

Edited by JTCarius
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, gummy said:

Not sure what all the fuss is about as a few people around where I live grow there own.

Yeah. Many that I know do and have for some time.

2 hours ago, JTCarius said:

Thailand has the good shit. Not talking about that compressed bunk though.

THC percentage is not a reliable indicator of how good weed is.

A good pure long season Thai sativa can have 8 percent THC and provide a soaring energetic creative high.While an indica dominant super high THC strain may be good for something like post chemotherapy but you could end up spending the whole time stuck to a sofa.

My pharmacy has like 2 dozens of different strains down to 0.5 THC / 5% GPD . Saliva : indica , hybrid each to his own I guess. I like the Jack Herrer Hybrid from Aurora Cannabis 22/1 

• Like 1

Question : I am registered cannabis patient in Germany . As Thailand is not Schengen State , can I just throw my weed in the hand luggage with the prescription from doctor and my government as I normally do travelling in Europe ? 

not walking through the green “ nothing  to declare” , waking the red and show them my weed and documents ?

Want to smoke my own stuff and don’t want to anything illegal in Thailand.  Not want to do anything with dealers. 

want enjoy my months long holiday whatever without fear. 

Edited by FlipFlopArmy

just want to let anyone who might be reading this topic outside of Thailand, especially pothead stoners from places like California and Colorado that Marijuana is still considered a Category 5 controlled substance which carries a penalty of up to 5 years imprisonment for mere possession. The possession of over 10kg (22 pounds) can result in a prison term of up to 15 years.       

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlipFlopArmy said:

Question : I am registered cannabis patient in Germany . As Thailand is not Schengen State , can I just throw my weed in the hand luggage with the prescription from doctor and my government as I normally do travelling in Europe ? 

not walking through the green “ nothing  to declare” , waking the red and show them my weed and documents ?

Want to smoke my own stuff and don’t want to anything illegal in Thailand.  Not want to do anything with dealers. 

want enjoy my months long holiday whatever without fear. 

I would not. Thailand is notorious for bad cops. They just work the franchise. Customs is the same. You could be looking at an absolutely stupid "fine". I know people who were forced to pay 100,000 baht on Koh Phangan, for a few joints. These clowns are building nice villas, and buying luxury cars, with the money they "earn" from their franchises. 

13 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

I would not. Thailand is notorious for bad cops. They just work the franchise. Customs is the same. You could be looking at an absolutely stupid "fine". I know people who were forced to pay 100,000 baht on Koh Phangan, for a few joints. These clowns are building nice villas, and buying luxury cars, with the money they "earn" from their franchises. 

But it’s my medicine. I am reading more into it right now I can do this but need approval from the Food & Drug agency first in Thailand. 

4 minutes ago, FlipFlopArmy said:

But it’s my medicine. I am reading more into it right now I can do this but need approval from the Food & Drug agency first in Thailand. 

Do you have any idea how to go about that? It would likely cost you a fortune, and take a year. Just saying, based on my experiences with bureaucracy here. Easier and safer to buy it here. Will not be as good. But, far less risk. 

I always behave in such a way here, so that customs and the cops do not have anything over me. That way I am not forced to abuse them and show them a total lack of regard or respect. 

Edited by dmacarelli

Or just visit another countries where I can holiday without fear :)

was nice 20 years but it’s time to move on  

Thailand is done anyway. No money no jobs makes foreigners targets. 

unsafe also because COVID. 

Edited by FlipFlopArmy

7 hours ago, FlipFlopArmy said:

My pharmacy has like 2 dozens of different strains down to 0.5 THC / 5% GPD . Saliva : indica , hybrid each to his own I guess. I like the Jack Herrer Hybrid from Aurora Cannabis 22/1 

Jack Herer is one of my favorites too. I smoked the original sold at the Green House in Amsterdam around 2001.It's sativa dominance is from a Haze hybrid which is in turn predominately the result of an excellent pure land-race Thai male.

8 hours ago, FlipFlopArmy said:

Have you ever read Jack's book, The Emperor Where No Clothes?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FlipFlopArmy said:

Thailand is done anyway. No money no jobs makes foreigners targets. 

Not really, same same for me. But in a way tourists have always been targets. Once upon a time a long time ago here I was a walking target.

reportedly smuggled from Laos

On 8/27/2021 at 12:09 PM, Thaiger said:

He allegedly told police that he was paid 50,000 baht

And how many people are brought across the border for a pittance compared to this? With no vaccinations and carrying the delta variant? Is it that all the police and army are in Bangkok protecting the parliament because the PM is a bit afraid of a people’s uprising? No one on the border to stop an influx.