News Forum - When is the best time to travel to Thailand?

Thaiger

Thailand is a fascinating country that welcomes everyone for any adventure. While the country is famous for its year-long tropical sunshine, it also experiences a wet season and sweltering temperatures. That means that, like everywhere else, choosing the best time to visit Thailand is vital to make the best out of your trip. So, which months are best for an unforgettable trip to the Land of Smiles? Whether you want the most comfortable weather to relax by the beach or hope to avoid the crowds, this month-by-month guide should help you plan your trip. Seasons in Thailand Thailand generally experiences three […]

The post When is the best time to travel to Thailand? appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I understand why The Thaiger publishes these "great things about Thailand" articles, but I do think they are rather ironic given the current situations of an out-of-control pandemic that means no air travel within the country - even by locals, and a political situation that never seems to be resolved.

• Cool 1

In a normal year, January 15th to mid February is great. Also, November to December 15th is also lovely weather. Summertime around August can also be nice, if there are good rains. Keeps things cooler, and keeps the bad air away. 

Having said that, the future of international tourism here looks very dicey at the moment. In my opinion I do not think it will ever recover, to a meaningful degree. Ever. In five years, we may see 5 million tourists. While that is good for most ex-pats, it is a nightmare for Thailand, with it's dependence on tourism.

You can only kick a horse so many times, before it falls down, and dies. The extreme timidity about re-opening and the official sabotage of the industry, and Thailand's nightlife, will have long term repercussions, and Thailand faced a myriad of issues, long before Covid came along, and reared it's ugly head. 

Edited by dmacarelli
  • Cool 1