News Forum - 60 Afghans, 13 US troops killed in Kabul attack; Biden vows to fight back

Thaiger

12 minutes ago, Rain said:

Or even better yet, don't involve oneself in things that are not of your interests or business - in which, none of this is. 

Well, I'd suggest that to be fair 9/11 made some things "our business" that hadn't been our business before, but maybe if we hadn't just assumed that those most like us were the good guys while those least like us were the bad guys then we might have come up with a very different response that would have been a lot more in "our interests".

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Well, I'd suggest that to be fair 9/11 made some things "our business" that hadn't been our business before, but maybe if we hadn't just assumed that those most like us were the good guys while those least like us were the bad guys then we might have come up with a very different response that would have been a lot more in "our interests".

Wow. You appear to have have quite a huge blind spot regarding history as well really understanding what your culture is truly about. Unfortunately, an all too common character. Delusions and disconnections rule the day.

As ever it's easy to march on and take Kabul.

Holding it is close to impossible and leaving is not easy matter either.

The us led coalition force are simply the latest in a very long line of failures going back 100's of years.

The british who have had their asses well and truly kicked their in the past really should have known better than to get involved.

They are a race of warrior people on home ground.

Only way to control them is the use of nuclear weapons and take out every last one of them.

Nothing else will work.

So long as they stay within the borders of afghanistan it is best to leave them alone and let them get on with killing each other as they have always done.

They are not the sort of people you want in your country as refugee's either as all their near neighbors are perfectly aware.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rain said:

Wow. You appear to have have quite a huge blind spot regarding history as well really understanding what your culture is truly about. Unfortunately, an all too common character. Delusions and disconnections rule the day.

Well, who has the bigger "blind spot" is a matter of opinion.

Mine didn't cost 2 trillion dollars, as well as thousands of lives.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Cathat said:

he british who have had their asses well and truly kicked their in the past really should have known better than to get involved

That they did in the first Afghan war of 1839 to 1842 but the British returned in 1878 to 1880 when they didn't make the as same mistakes in their subduing of the rebellion and making Afghanistan a protectorate of the Empire .. 

Edited by Dedinbed
Sp
  • Cool 1

24 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

That they did in the first Afghan war of 1839 to 1842 but the British returned in 1878 to 1880 when they didn't make the as same mistakes in their subduing of the rebellion and making Afghanistan a protectorate of the Empire .. 

The second afgan war was essentially a face saving exercise.

the great game was over by that time so it was all completely pointless anyway.

the last uninvited guest to take and retain control of afghanistan was alexander the great.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cathat said:

The us led coalition force are simply the latest in a very long line of failures going back 100's of years.

The british who have had their asses well and truly kicked their in the past really should have known better than to get involved.

Only way to control them is the use of nuclear weapons and take out every last one of them.

Nothing else will work.

So long as they stay within the borders of afghanistan it is best to leave them alone and let them get on with killing each other as they have always done.

They are not the sort of people you want in your country as refugee's either as all their near neighbors are perfectly aware.

Some of these individuals (potential refugee's) have been westernize to some degree over the last 15 or so years ! 

The trouble lies with how much they are willing to assimilate!

They are coming,vet them! Weed out the the bad ones

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

Seven months since his inauguration and he is becoming increasingly unpopular in the US of A. He already has a nick name, 'Body Bag Biden'. It is a very sad and disturbing situation in Afghanistan.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Cathat said:

Nothing else will work.

I despair - so including the innocent? the women and the children ? Nuke all of them right ? What did they do wrong ?

Is the fact that girls before they've even reached their teens are being systematically raped and murdered right now directly due to western abandonment not enough for you ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cathat said:

Nothing else will work.

If your a yank which i suspect you are id suggest you look on the wars or should i say campaigns the US won or who 's special forces are called upon before you slag us Brits off. Oh i nearly forgot you didnt get your arses kicked in Vietnam your politicians lost it .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vlad said:

If your a yank which i suspect you are id suggest you look on the wars or should i say campaigns the US won or who 's special forces are called upon before you slag us Brits off. Oh i nearly forgot you didnt get your arses kicked in Vietnam your politicians lost it .

The actual reality is that the U.S. forces didn't get their asses kicked.  Watch The Fog of War with John McNamarra it explains the mistakes made.  Additionally the problem was China was fully backing the North Vietnamese and maybe the answer was to kick China's butt as well and the problem would likely be solved.  

And you should be thankful the U.S. saved your asses from Germany in WW2 as you would have lost that war without foreign intervention.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, vlad said:

No I am not a us citizen and i (mistakenly) thought my use of british english would make that obvious to anybody.

I am simply stating the facts.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I despair - so including the innocent? the women and the children ? Nuke all of them right ? What did they do wrong ?

Is the fact that girls before they've even reached their teens are being systematically raped and murdered right now directly due to western abandonment not enough for you ?

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion as am i.

44 minutes ago, vlad said:

Before "slagging off" any military I'd strongly suggest you make sure of your facts and whose forces, for example, the Iraqi and Afghan forces preferred and trusted (although the reasons are complex).

Criticism of those on the ground is completely out of place here, and unwarranted.

1 hour ago, Guevara said:

Apparently ISIS-K are some new splinter group from ISIS (allegedly).

If you know little about them I suggest you read my earlier post, as they're neither "new" nor a "splinter group".

yes but we were already 2 years into before you arrived and thats only because your 6th fleet was decimated at Pearl Harbor otherwise you would have kept out.

4 hours ago, Rain said:

... (snip) ... understanding what your culture is truly about.

While I have the greatest respect for those on the ground, if my "culture" is to lie on the beach in Crete while Kabul is falling and to promise to take care of those who risk their lives to work for us then to follow a policy of own nationals, dogs and donkeys first and Afghans can take care of themselves, then it's one I'm not particularly proud of being a part of.

when we defeated Argentina in the Falkland's war most of our combat troops  " Yomped " that means walked with over 45 kilo's of kit on from 1 side of the Falklands to the other side then beat them. That's how tough our combat troops are. Thats why we kicked Argentine Arse. 

• Like 1

Without naming any names, it's a bit disappointing that the same individual who complained most about "bickering" in another, now locked, thread on Afghanistan is now repeatedly doing just that here with uninformed, wildly inaccurate and totally untrue claims and counter-claims.

I'd suggest the subject deserves better.

Again Stonker who's fault is it that has cost over a hundred men woman and kids there lives at kabul airport, and reports coming in now are some were shot from US Troops who were panicking as reported on the beeb news by there afghan reporter in Kabul.

5 hours ago, Cathat said:
6 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

The second afgan war was essentially a face saving exercise.

the great game was over by that time so it was all completely pointless anyway.

Bit more than a face saving exercise as in turning it into a protectorate of the Empire it created the buffer country the British sought to protect India from Russia which is part of what the Great Game was all about .. the Durand Line agreement of 1893 defining Afghanistan's northern borders is the date most historians put as the end of the Great Game .. 

Edited by Dedinbed
Sp