News Forum - 60 Afghans, 13 US troops killed in Kabul attack; Biden vows to fight back

Thaiger

At least 60 Afghans and 13 US troops were killed in an attack yesterday at the Kabul airport involving two suicide bombers and gunmen. Following the swift Taliban takeover after the US started to withdraw troops, crowds of people have flocked to the airport to evacuate Afghanistan. Western officials had warned about a major attack hours earlier, and had urged people to leave the airport, but many people have been desperate to flee the country. The US military is leading the evacuation efforts for the next few days before officially ending its two decade presence in Afghanistan on August 31. […]

The post 60 Afghans, 13 US troops killed in Kabul attack; Biden vows to fight back appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

Why would the Talibann want to attack the airport ?

Wouldn't it better to allow all the people and the Americans to leave ?

I think these people just like killing, and they are non too fussed where they do it. 

• Like 1

If you see how much money US and EU Just saved on Afghanistan, you can understand that nothing gonna happen to Taliban, unless they will be stupid to start some overseas terrorist acts 

• Like 1

That's the real big danger now.

After fighting so long with Talibans and weakening them, US army departure now sadly makes some place for ISIS.

I deeply hope Talibans will kick ISIS asap.

I really feel sad for Afghan people, what a dangerous future they are facing.

• Like 2

Latest casualty figures are 90 dead with agencies quoting some Taliban were killed also along with 13 U S Marines .. Isis K claim responsibility with the U S threatening retaliation which is where it is going to get complicated as they will likely have to co-operate with the Tal's to achieve that but even so absolutely no surprise if the Isis lot get a visit from the Angel's of death shortly .. 

IMG_20210827_082705.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

Has Biden spoke about the recent events yet ? Did he laugh while taking questions from the media  or did he just leave the podium with out a whisper from his mouth!

He will probably make a comment in five days time about t

12 minutes ago, Fluke said:

He will probably make a comment in five days time about t

He already did. If you watch it on YouTube you have to change the speed to x1.25 so he sounds normal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

And the Radical Muslim games for control between them begin. This is why nobody will ever win in this god forsaken land of the idiotic who would want to live their place.

• Cool 1

Joe Biden picks up the phone and calls the Taliban :

"Hi Guys...............I know that we've had our differences in the past , but lets let bygones be bygones.............................."

• Haha 3
  • Cool 1

The Taliban has given other countries until the end of this month to get out.

ISIS did not like that at all and retaliated.

IMO no other country can ever achieve peace or even  basic normality over there.

They have tried and it has cost a lot of lives and money and now the next stream of refugees

will be heading to Europe and we can guess how that will work out.

I am not blaming Joe Biden or Donald Trump or any one else for the mess they are in,from the beginning of the nineties the whole policy has been wrong.

A lot of people benefitted from the money that was poured in but they all knew one day it would

be back to basic.

There are a lot of minerals in that country and soon the third dog will walk away with the bone,and again

things will be the same.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

5 hours ago, Fluke said:

Why would the Talibann want to attack the airport ?

Wouldn't it better to allow all the people and the Americans to leave ?

4 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

I think these people just like killing, and they are non too fussed where they do it. 

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

And the Radical Muslim games for control between them begin. This is why nobody will ever win in this god forsaken land of the idiotic who would want to live their place.

As I've attempted to explain in two other threads, and evidently failed dismally, ISIS-K are not Taliban, they're bitterly opposed by the Taliban, neither are ISIS-K and the Taliban just two different sides of "radical Islam" and nor are most of ISIS-K Afghans - very few now are.

I'll try again.

The Taliban are Afghans and they want Afghanistan to be a Deobandi (Sunni) Islamic state.

ISIS-K are an offshoot of ISIS, including some some disaffected Afghan Taliban but now mainly from Pakistan, Iran, Syria, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, and they want an ever-growing Islamic state starting with Khorasan (the "K"), which is historically part of Pakistan and Afghanistan, then ever broadening.

When the US dropped the MOAB in 2017 it wasn't on the Taliban or intended to force the Taliban to the peace table, but it was on ISIS-K as neither the Taliban nor Afghan special forces had been able to get rid of them.

One of the first two key parts of the four part Doha agreement was that the Taliban would protect US and coalition troops from ISIS-K - the second key parts were never met as the Afghan government failed to do their part, but that's a separate issue.

It's an over-simplification, but the biggest difference between the Taliban and ISIS-K isn't religion but direction.

The Taliban are only interested in an Islamic Afghanistan, run by and for Afghans,  while ISIS-K want an ever-growing Islamic state, regardless of borders, nationalities and ethnicities.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Rain said:

Damn invented Boogiemen. 

They're everywhere.

Okay, @Rain. . . enough boogiemen for now. The Kabul bombing is a serious enough thread to warrant the more serious input that the forum often enjoys from you.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stonker said:

As I've attempted to explain in two other threads, and evidently failed dismally, ISIS-K are not Taliban, they're bitterly opposed by the Taliban, neither are ISIS-K and the Taliban just two different sides of "radical Islam" and nor are most of ISIS-K Afghans - very few now are.

I'll try again.

The Taliban are Afghans and they want Afghanistan to be a Deobandi (Sunni) Islamic state.

ISIS-K are an offshoot of ISIS, including some some disaffected Afghan Taliban but now mainly from Pakistan, Iran, Syria, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, and they want an ever-growing Islamic state starting with Khorasan (the "K"), which is historically part of Pakistan and Afghanistan, then ever broadening.

When the US dropped the MOAB in 2017 it wasn't on the Taliban or intended to force the Taliban to the peace table, but it was on ISIS-K as neither the Taliban nor Afghan special forces had been able to get rid of them.

One of the first two key parts of the four part Doha agreement was that the Taliban would protect US and coalition troops from ISIS-K - the second key parts were never met as the Afghan government failed to do their part, but that's a separate issue.

It's an over-simplification, but the biggest difference between the Taliban and ISIS-K isn't religion but direction.

The Taliban are only interested in an Islamic Afghanistan, run by and for Afghans,  while ISIS-K want an ever-growing Islamic state, regardless of borders, nationalities and ethnicities.

I wouldn't waste your patronising on me "I'll try again"

As far as I'm concerned the Talaban, Al Qeda and Isis are all tarred with the same brush, maybe some have a little more tar than others but still tarred. 

Killing a comedian because you don't like his jokes is extreme by anyones standards, the nearest I have got to that is walking out of the theatre halfway through his act.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

I wouldn't waste your patronising on me "I'll try again"

As far as I'm concerned the Talaban, Al Qeda and Isis are all tarred with the same brush, maybe some have a little more tar than others but still tarred. 

Killing a comedian because you don't like his jokes is extreme by anyones standards, the nearest I have got to that is walking out of the theatre halfway through his act.

Up to you.  If the West had tried to understand the issues a bit more, maybe we wouldn't be in the position we are now.

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

19 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Up to you.  If the West had tried to understand the issues a bit more, maybe we wouldn't be in the position we are now.

Or even better yet, don't involve oneself in things that are not of your interests or business - in which, none of this is.