News Forum - Phuket hoteliers looking to winter wonderland to bolster the Sandbox

Thaiger

3 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

If you are based in CNX I can offer up where I can find all of these for 180-large and bars that sell sets...

I have been considering a driving trip after I check out of the Sandbox in November...

56 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

A SANGSOM THREAD!!!!! Oh the joys of Life!!! 555 I could spend days on this topic

Reminds me of thais telling me I will go blind or legends of Meth in the mix-etc....555

Has always been my go to since I arrived in 2008.....like mine with Ginger ale and 2 limes(manao)

But have become such a connoisseur  that I can manage to sip it straight when Im sneaking it around

in a tea bottle--no glass--plastic--no ss thieves when I leave in mbike basket and the perfect crime!

Ive seen all types of SS..the older Red Label--the Blue Premium(which I prefer) and the elusive Similan

which has notes of coconut and vanilla and hard to find but tends to give even worse hangovers too

Im also a Captain Morgan guy back home and bought a bottle of Cm in CNX for 700b to compare...

so I like spiced with ginger-lime...has always been my go to drink for years..I pay 180 for SS in CNX.

and found the Blue Premium to be smoother and lighter, as my thai buddy prefers it too...less "rough"

Find these around old shops and dusty old boxes-lol---look for the date labels--14 yrs old--aged!!!!

See the source imageSee the source imageSee the source image

Happy to see you are not blind yet.  555   I think this topic is worthy of a thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Im trying to find a way in as well...currently reading reviews on ASQs..wish I could ASQ in CNX direct.

https://asq.in.th/cheapest-asq-hotels

Yeah, I did the ASQ thing in January and got a great place - small suite with two rooms and a balcony - for 35K. The problem was that the food left a bit to be desired. So in October, I'm sandboxing it. It'll cost about the same as ASQ but a nicer room, better food, and being able to wander all over an empty island.

3 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Yeah, I did the ASQ thing in January and got a great place - small suite with two rooms and a balcony - for 35K. The problem was that the food left a bit to be desired. So in October, I'm sandboxing it. It'll cost about the same as ASQ but a nicer room, better food, and being able to wander all over an empty island.

This is very useful information for me.  I was going to avoid the sandbox and do ASQ.

There have been too many uncertainties with the sandbox.  Now I will reconsider.   Thanks for info.

• Like 2

The Russians may bring snow to the winter wonderland sandtrap and I bet there will be plenty of Vodka carried in water bottles.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JamesE said:

Which brings me to a technical question. Have you noticed Sang Som getting more spiced over the past couple of years? It's like they've left Appleton Estate behind and started chasing after Captain Morgan. I could never drink Mekhong because of all the spices but Sang Som was good. Now it tastes like something a millennial (no offense) would mix with Coke. Gotta find a new rum to smuggle out on my next trip.

Have not had SS since the pandemic closed all the bars here. Haven't been to a bar period. That is my shot choice with my beers. I hope they didn't change it to a wuss flavored rum.

On 8/28/2021 at 7:38 PM, bushav8r said:

Happy to see you are not blind yet.  555   I think this topic is worthy of a thread.

Thais told me I will go crazy drinking it..I told them it was too late...

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 12:37 AM, HolyCowCm said:

Have not had SS since the pandemic closed all the bars here. Haven't been to a bar period. That is my shot choice with my beers. I hope they didn't change it to a wuss flavored rum.

I always filled my tea bottle with SS an went exploring to find an adventure.....have gunny will travel

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 7:48 PM, JamesE said:

Id just be too paranoid over testing positive and money hungry thais..desperate times can bring out the worst in some...thais want my $$$ even in good times