News Forum - Things to know before moving to Thailand

Thaiger

Planning or thinking about moving to Thailand? Thailand is one of the most popular destinations for expats, and there are many reasons why. Here, you can get year-round sunny weather and access to modern conveniences at an affordable cost. It’s truly a special place to live, with its relaxed lifestyle, delicious food, and vibrant culture. Plus, it’s beautiful. From soft-sandy beaches and clear blue sea to stunning waterfalls and mountainous jungle retreats, being close to nature is easy here. With everything that it has to offer, moving to Thailand is going to be a colourful adventure. However, there are things […]

The post Things to know before moving to Thailand appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• 2 years later...

Point 5 is a contradiction in terms really. If I move to Thailand (as I intend) it will become my new home. I won't be able to leave my furniture etc. behind as I cannot afford to rent a property in both countries at the same time or pay for long term storage. 

8 hours ago, Lighthouseman said:

Point 5 is a contradiction in terms really. If I move to Thailand (as I intend) it will become my new home. I won't be able to leave my furniture etc. behind as I cannot afford to rent a property in both countries at the same time or pay for long term storage. 

Wouldn't you just sell/donate your furniture in your home country?

No sense in shipping it to Thailand, unless you are furnishing a whole house

If you are renting, most rentals come furnished 

Yes, that's exactly what I'll do. The point I was trying to make (badly) was that the author appeared to be suggesting that you might live in two places at once! Apologies for the misunderstanding. Shipping furniture to Thailand from Europe would cost a fortune I'd imagine. View Talay in Pattaya is on my radar. Can't decide between Jomtien and Beach Road at the moment.