News Forum - GMT | Sandbox experiences, VDO of Nakhon Sawan police goes viral | August 25

Thaiger

Today Tim, Jay and guest commentator Mike Kenner are talking about the real experience of the Sandbox. Thai PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered a full investigation into the alleged killing of a drug suspect by a policeman in Nakhon Sawan policemen. An 80 year old Australian man was assaulted after he smacked a car that almost ran him over. A missing 4 year old boy’s body has been found in a Bangkok well used to mix cement. Pattaya is amassing a vast amount of infectious waste, which has increased the garbage disposal problems the city is encountering. Thanks to our […]

The post GMT | Sandbox experiences, VDO of Nakhon Sawan police goes viral | August 25 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Can't believe I just wasted 30 minutes listening to that. 

Phuket and Thailand is not open. There are currently only 70 eligible countries whose nationals are able to enter under the SB. 

UK yesterday 30k+ infections per day. My country yesterday 300+ infections with half the population of the UK and vaccination levels not much lower, not eligible. Where's the logic in that??

So if Thailand wants people to come back, how about opening it to the rest of the world. Until that changes I ain't coming!!

Furthermore, for US citizens they've got Mexico and the Caribbean right on their doorstep with many places having no restrictions whatsoever. 

For the Europeans they've got the Med ditto. 

People just aren't going to shell out for more expensive long haul flights, expensive PCR tests, Covid insurance etc, knowing that when they get there the bars and clubs will be shut and they run the risk of being carried out into quarantine at any moment. 

Think that Phuket sun has gone to your heads boys. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid.

Edited by TheDirtyDurian
  • Cool 1

It was good to hear Mike’s parents had a nice experience and it wasn’t too complicated. A bit more detail would have been good. For example, what the paperwork was for specifically Thailand and an idea of costs would have been good and very relevant. Asq hotels are generally expensive so an idea of what the Phuket sandbox hotels cost would be nice to know, as we are seriously interested. Not just what it cost them but the general range in costs.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Anjli said:

It was good to hear Mike’s parents had a nice experience and it wasn’t too complicated. A bit more detail would have been good. For example, what the paperwork was for specifically Thailand and an idea of costs would have been good and very relevant. Asq hotels are generally expensive so an idea of what the Phuket sandbox hotels cost would be nice to know, as we are seriously interested. Not just what it cost them but the general range in costs.

An understandably pointed debut post and thanks for that!

Hello, Anjli and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

2 hours ago, Anjli said:

Just seen a bit more of the talking point and there are some costs provided but would like to see more details.

I looked myself on Agoda and it's true what they said in the video. You can book direct online through Agoda, Booking etc. The cheapest I saw was around 900 baht a night I think. And it's also true what they said about great deals at the moment. Once you get into the 3-4k a night range you've got some fantastic deals. It's a real chance to stay in a great place for not that much money. 

I only wish I was eligible to do so. I'm hoping that by December they've changed their policy and opened things up to more countries. I really want to avoid doing ASQ again if possible. It's nothing about money for me. It's the wasted time.

I'd also add that I did all the CoEs for my wife and kids when they went back to Thailand at the end of May, and although slightly different because they're Thai nationals, most elements of the prices are the same. And I found the online application system very easy and quick. Part of that was due to the embassy not being very busy but I also thought the system worked well generally. An American colleague who visited Thailand recently said the same. 

• Like 1

If you want to get more tourists to the sandboxes - Phuket or any other place- get rid of all the red tape.  Fully vaccinated and a negative PCR test should be all that is needed. All the ridiculous tests, COE, hotel confirmation and pay in advance, etc is just too much. 
also….. what is the correct way to say Phuket? Because the way Mike says it is very strange 

• Cool 1

If you want to get more tourists to the sandboxes - Phuket or any other place- get rid of all the red tape.  Fully vaccinated and a negative PCR test should be all that is needed. All the ridiculous tests, COE, hotel confirmation and pay in advance, etc is just too much. 
also….. what is the correct way to say Phuket? Because the way Mike says it is very strange  and lastly, what do you think of my Thaiger coffee mug design

image.jpeg.796487e1d0658524c25e9f66c89516bc.jpeg