News Forum - Efficacy of mRNA vaccines drops to 66% against Delta variant – US study

Thaiger

4 hours ago, billywillyjones said:

There is a quote "there is nothing to fear but fear itself" and like so many trying to twist things you have chosen to project your fear.  Why are people so afraid of Covid.  Where are the ambulances rushing by and the zombies falling in the street from the virus?  

Jesus wept

4,500,000 dead from Covid - do you think that's why they're afraid? 🤔

14 minutes ago, vlad said:

So BlueSphinx why do you and your covid corner keep denying Covid is real and fake and made up by MSM or have you now realized Covid is real and a life taker ?

I challenge you to find ANY post of mine where I said that COVID was not real or fake. 

27 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

You got that one wrong.  As a staunch 'pro-choicer' I have no problem at all that people decide to take the vax.  But I don't consider it wrong - actually on the contrary - to provide information on covid-vaccination  which is not easily accessible or suppressed by the main-stream media with an agenda.  What you do with that information, is your own choice and I respect that completely...  If my postings irritate you, you are of course very welcome to put me on your IGNORE list.  Thanks.

Good idea. Done.

4 hours ago, NB2562 said:

So what to do than? Take 3 , 4, 5 boosters? Neverending misery....first they were saying that , than this... they are kicking into dark same as woth flu vaccines.

I don't see the problem.

Some people take 3 Jabs of Hepatitis B RNA vaccine because of their work and get regualr boosters.

When you go on holiday to certain countries you get vaccinated and if some years later you go again, need to repeat it for most.

For such quick development, these Covid  vaccines are amazingly effective.

They will get even better. 

Maybe you can even inhale your booster? We will see.

But just put things in perspective please:

-A year ago, the companies were bashed because they didn't anticipate a pandemic and weren't developing a vaccine fast enough.

-When they did an amazing job and created a highly effective vaccine quickly, they were bashed because it couldn't possibly be any good because it was developed to quickly.

-Now it's proven to work with hundreds of millions of people and the side effects are proven to be far less than the risk you take with Covid19.

And still it's not good enough!?!?

Now they're bashed because they make money off of their huge investment in R&D.

We all work for free, right?

And antivaxxsrs keep bashing them with flawed papers that they used generically for the moonlanding, JFK and princess Diana before too.

If you don't want the vaccine, don't take it. Stay safe and don't complain later.

If you do take the vaccine, like me, you put your trust in medical science, same as when a doctor operates on you in the OR. Does it always work 100%? Clearly not. But for now it's the best option we have.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Is it ? Even if your views directly contribute to those deaths ? Thousands and thousands and thousands of doctors and scientists say the vaccines are a good idea, whilst just a handful of doctors and scientists, along with a few unhinged keyboard warriors doubt it. That's ok, everyone is entitled to their views, but if you're a gambling man who are you going to go with ?

For every person that listens and is convinced by the conspiracy theorists, that's another person at increased risk of dying whilst giving it to someone else to put them at increased risk, so less of the fake outrage please. 

Your views put people directly at risk. You have to live with that.

My views put people directly at risk???  Am I somehow injecting them with my 'poisonous' talk?  Your intolerance to people with other views than your own is sad and preposterous.  Just enjoy your own jabs and leave people alone that do NOT deny you that right but have a different view and don't want to jab themselves simply to soothe your fears. 

21 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Well done - their is an enormous amount of quote twisting to make an anti vaccine point, or using poster boys (I think Yeadon) that just so happens to have been fired by the company he's firing at, but oddly they left that bit out) - but when the science is massively against you, you are going to need to make things up !

Thanks. Absolutely.

If you had the time to look at some more of my posts, you will see me exposing it a lot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I real'y can't be arsed trawling through over 24 pages of clap trap what i have seen is cut n paste from your team regarding vaccines and all the negativety you like to post in your Controversial Covid Corner thread as the title says Controversial.  

• Cool 1

4 minutes ago, vlad said:

I real'y can't be arsed trawling through over 24 pages of clap trap what i have seen is cut n paste from your team regarding vaccines and all the negativety you like to post in your Controversial Covid Corner thread as the title says Controversial.  

Oh man, you're so right. Just read this one then 😉

https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/4119-news-forum-efficacy-of-mrna-vaccines-drops-to-66-against-delta-variant-–-us-study/?do=findComment&comment=43146

4 hours ago, 9S_ said:

These vaccines are experimental with no long term effects being known. 

Now I am not an anti-vaxxer. I prefer to wait for NovaVax vaccine which is a more traditional route. 

Of course and I worry about that too, like how do we know this is not the next Thalidomide, but this is the here and now and the balance of probabilities on what we know at present, is you should get it. But then again, going off on a tangent, perhaps a poor side effect emerges, but then how do you know they cannot adapt the vaccine to cope with that ? These scientists are clever bastards.

But you have to deal with NOW. It doesn't make sense to put your life at risk, worrying about something that might not happen.

• Cool 1

But still you have the audacity to write that I 'keep denying Covid is real and fake and made up by MSM' when I have NEVER made such statements.  And when challenged, you are too lazy to even try back-up your statements. Good going Vlad...

Give it a rest bluespyhinx no 1 post's on your thread because of all the bullshittery only your pal's. Your only posting on this thread cos no 1s posting on your thread. Or you going to get this thread locked ?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

My views put people directly at risk???  Am I somehow injecting them with my 'poisonous' talk?  Your intolerance to people with other views than your own is sad and preposterous.  Just enjoy your own jabs and leave people alone that do NOT deny you that right but have a different view and don't want to jab themselves simply to soothe your fears. 

More emotional garbage. There's no intolerance whatsoever, maybe calm down before posting. What you do with your life and how selfish you are/are not is a personal decision for you. You're not soothing any fears I have, as I don't have any.

So you want people like you to be 'left alone', so why are you posting on here ? You are clearly heavily outnumbered on here so were you not expecting people to respond to you ? Should we all just listen to you and not reply ?. Hmmm I'm not sure you understand how forums work.

But yes your view puts people at risk, but why the question mark when I clearly explained why in the post you are responding to? The point you are struggling with is, again,  the people you want 'left alone'' such as yourself, are putting others at risk. That's black and white. Its not me telling you that, its the science.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

Is it ? Even if your views directly contribute to those deaths ? Thousands and thousands and thousands of doctors and scientists say the vaccines are a good idea, whilst just a handful of doctors and scientists, along with a few unhinged keyboard warriors doubt it. That's ok, everyone is entitled to their views, but if you're a gambling man who are you going to go with ?

For every person that listens and is convinced by the conspiracy theorists, that's another person at increased risk of dying whilst giving it to someone else to put them at increased risk, so less of the fake outrage please. 

Your views put people directly at risk. You have to live with that.

I second that, but would add that it's worse than you say. Some of those keyboard warriors intentionally spread known disinformation and are actually fully responsible for doing harm.

General point, they claim to know things that the majority of the medical and scientific world don't know. And all that from the comfort of their sofa and smartphone. For that they use spurious claims that disappear into oblivion when up against real research.

And when they end up at the doctor they soon change their tune!

I don't usually post individual cases because they are irrelevant to science. But have a look at a few of their fervent co-antivaxxers. Not shouting so brave anymore now hey...

https://youtu.be/Q_7BQRcBSIY

https://youtu.be/PmmelWHeAKc

https://youtu.be/pd8P12BXebo

Edited by Bob20
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, vlad said:

Give it a rest bluespyhinx no 1 post's on your thread because of all the bullshittery only your pal's. Your only posting on this thread cos no 1s posting on your thread. Or you going to get this thread locked ?

No, his number 1 mate was banned for 4 days as of last night.

But glad that most people recognise them for what they are.

Edited by Bob20

7 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

No, his number 1 mate was banned for 4 days as of last night.

But glad that most people recognise them for what they are.

Thats all they want to do do Bob there not interested in debating they just quote b/s cut n paste arguments. There not even there thoughts. two words are the only words you need to know about these members " Denial Plausibility " the age old conspiracy Commando's term. not wanted on this Forum.

Thats all they want to do do Bob there not interested in debating they just quote b/s cut n paste arguments. There not even there thoughts. two words are the only words you need to know about these members " Denial Plausibility " the age old conspiracy Commando's term. not wanted on this Forum.

Yup. I also think there's a difference between freedom of opinion and intentionally and maliciously spreading disinformation. 

I can see through it and apparent so can you. But for those that look at it for information and take it for the truth, it's highly dangerous. That's why I advocate verified registering for anything where you post. Because everything would be very different if we could hold people to account. And I put it to you that 99% of them wouldn't dare post the same nonsense if it had their real name and photo next to it.

4 hours ago, Xaos said:

Ur Pfizer travel passport comes together with ADE in package.

The person who made this post has a degree in history and economics

Edited by dj230

1 hour ago, vlad said:

Then you should not make those claims. I doubt you can find ONE post anywhere on this forum where people say that covid is a hoax or not real. I think most of us that are questioning the narrative are mainly focused on the RESPONSE to covid and how authoritarian and anti-science it all is.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, dj230 said:

The person who made this post has a degree in history and economics

I think he's unemployed and just woke up after hibernating since 25/11/2020 when it was published. Can't blame him really. Probably still rubbing his eyes and searching where he buried his nuts 🤭

4 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Have you been hibernating? 😉

That's from a newspaper on 25 November 2020, before any vaccine was available and has meanwhile all been proven wrong

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/11/25/national/science-health/japan-experts-coronavirus-vaccines-safety/ 

I wish disinformation spouters made some more effort to look real! 😂😂

The author was referring to a Japanese study published on 23 August 2021 titled The SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant is poised to acquire complete resistance to wild-type spike vaccines  < see attached file >

The conclusion of this very technical high-profile study > Given the fact that a Delta variant with three similar RBD mutations has already emerged according to the GISAID database, it is necessary to develop vaccines that protect against such complete breakthrough variants.

Obviously this is not 'news' as it well-known that pressure on the virus by mass-vaccination will lead to emerging variants.  The importance of the study being that such immune-escape - of course denied by mass-vaxx adeptsm, is not theoretical anymore, but actually taking place. 

738925167_TheSARS-CoV-2Deltavariantispoisedtoacquirecompleteresistancetowild-typespikevaccines.pdf

8 hours ago, NB2562 said:

So what to do than? Take 3 , 4, 5 boosters? Neverending misery....first they were saying that , than this... they are kicking into dark same as woth flu vaccines.

An excellent and strong-pointed debut post . . . and thanks for that!

Hello, NB2562 and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton