News Forum - Health Ministry to propose re-opening dine-in services to vaccinated customers

Thaiger

Thailand’s Health Ministry is to propose allowing restaurants in dark red zones to re-open for in-house dining from September. Kiattiphum Wongrajit says the proposal is based on declining case numbers in recent days. “The Covid-19 situation appears to be improving. Certain restrictions should therefore be lifted.” The Bangkok Post reports that the Health Minister, Anutin Charnvirakul, has met with representatives from 9 business sectors affected by Covid-19 closures across 29 provinces. Kiattiphum says that following the meeting, the ministry has decided to ask the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration to approve the re-opening of dine-in services for fully vaccinated customers. […]

The post Health Ministry to propose re-opening dine-in services to vaccinated customers appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

24 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

Less than 10% of the population is considered fully vaccinated. 

Thais can't go then, only tourists who won't go Thailand anyway 😂😂

• Like 2

The gentle reopening of restaurants with distancing of dinner's is in my opinion a sensible start. I also believe that entertainment venues are also included, I'm not talking disco's clubs and high volume indoor bars. Why not include those bars that have outside seating areas beer gardens etc. The same restrictions can be adhered to, not only will this give the owners and staff the chance to earn a wage it's going to help all the support suppliers too. Not to mention that it's going to give some resemblance of normality, something most people need. This covid is not going to go away it's something I believe we are going to learn to live with. if that means mask wearing etc I don't have a problem with that, things will get better it will take time. But in the meantime they have to accept you can't just hide away at some point we have to come out and be as safe as is possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like to shoot the one responsible for the phrase ,The Golden Years, despite being dead . 
This virus seems to know when things are getting better by delivering  mutant strains  to off set a full recovery.

Its to early to curb the red zone restrictions and there’s no end to this war with the poison that was discovered in china . Bring the numbers down a bit more  and then open the floodgates 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Shane said:

Should be good im almost fully vaccinated. Just waiting for the Australian government to let us out and I'll be at the table. 

Same here

So, what are the plans exactly? Will the hospitals issue a letter, when we have all had the 2nd shot? And will that letter be required to eat out? How long will this last? And with many restaurants, they were barely hanging on, as it was. Now, with social distancing, and vax requirement, can they survive?

I admit, something is better than nothing. But, I would prefer it if they would stop torturing the masses.

Edited by dmacarelli
  • Like 1

And so, what about the workers not being vaccinated? Even a vaccinated person can get the virus and then pass it on to the workers/staff, in which then it gets passed on down the line from the workers to whomever they are in contact with. Just another thought, but is a relevant one they need to consider.

I am totally in favor of opening things up, but if you need to be vaccinated to eat in a restaurant, it is not going to make a damn bit of difference to those businesses if less than 10% of the population has been vaccinated.  I have not heard of any clusters from restaurants, gyms, golf courses etc so I don't understand why they were closed down.  Healthy people have a better chance of fighting any virus.

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, BDawg467 said:

I am totally in favor of opening things up, but if you need to be vaccinated to eat in a restaurant, it is not going to make a damn bit of difference to those businesses if less than 10% of the population has been vaccinated.  I have not heard of any clusters from restaurants, gyms, golf courses etc so I don't understand why they were closed down.  Healthy people have a better chance of fighting any virus.

It does appear to be some sort of subversive battle against the little guy. Highly selective shutdowns. Why are the restaurants closed, when the fruit canning factories seem to be generating hundreds of new cases per day?

Why are the small mom and pop stores closed, when the construction projects with major Covid clusters remain open? 

And why so many restrictions on foreign tourists, who have been fully vaccinated, and passed multiple Covid tests, when there are so many zombies here, and the foreigner is taking a huge risk by coming here?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

So i can dine in but my wife has to wait outside ?

Yeah and of course you will not be allowed to drink any type of alcohol whatsoever. 

TIT.

• Cool 1