News Forum - Wednesday Covid Update: 18,417 new cases and 297 deaths

Thaiger

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration reported 18,417 new Covid-19 cases and 297 coronavirus-related deaths today. The CCSA also reported 21,186 more recoveries over the past 24 hours. In the latest and most severe wave of Covid-19 in Thailand, first recorded on April 1, the CCSA has recorded a total of 1,073,505 cases. There are now 189,268 people being treated for the coronavirus. The number of active cases has been on a steady decline over the past several days. PM Prayut Chan-o-cha said in an earlier statement that with the overall situation improving, disease control measures could be eased in early […]

The post Wednesday Covid Update: 18,417 new cases and 297 deaths appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Positive case numbers are only declining with the amount of tests being performed. 

If they do not publish the amount of tests done the other figures are meaningless.

I hope I am wrong but without true transparency of all the figures concerning test carried out in each province how can we believe.

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

1 minute ago, Griff1315 said:

Positive case numbers are only declining with the amount of tests being performed. 

If they do not publish the amount of tests done the other figures are meaningless.

I hope I am wrong but without true transparency of all the figures concerning test carried out in each province how can we believe.

You dont have to. You're free to believe what you want.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

9 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Relatively speaking, the figures are meaningless if you are attempting to achieve an overall picture of the severity of positive cases. Thailand has currently undertaken just over 8 million tests (that's 116,000 per million). In comparison, the UK has undertaken 263 million, that's 3,864,000 per million, hence high newly identified cases. Obviously many of the tests are continual retests of front line workers. I shudder to think what the figures might be in Thailand if a similar amount of tests were undertaken in Thailand. Is Prayut et al intentionally avoiding testing or is it himself and his Government collectively burying their head in the sand (or sandbox)?

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

If Thailand is turning to rapid antigen test kits, as a means of testing it is not a good sign. I think tha every test that's isn't accompanied by a vaccination is a wasted opportunity...

It would seem to me that the infection numbers are dropping because those people with positive ATK results are sent to local quarantine facilities for recovery and likely not retested for confirmation using a PCR test unless they develop serious symptoms. The article regarding Phuket covid cases states the some 400 ATK positive cases are not counted in the official totals. 

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

47 minutes ago, Tea said:

It would seem to me that the infection numbers are dropping because those people with positive ATK results are sent to local quarantine facilities for recovery and likely not retested for confirmation using a PCR test unless they develop serious symptoms. The article regarding Phuket covid cases states the some 400 ATK positive cases are not counted in the official totals. 

That wouldn't be manipulating  the true figures would it. LOL

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tea said:

Yes an excellent point about the ATK

• Like 2

8 hours ago, riclag said:

Just when you start to see the positive case numbers decline 4 more new  variants  off the Delta strain were discovered.

In which two have truly distanced themselves from any related COVID-Delta strain. Vaccine resistant????

Presently, almost guaranteed there's more than four identified just not publicized. 

I believe we're gonna be in the shite for some time to come.

1 hour ago, Rotweiler said:

We seem to have a problem here....  The "official" Thai numbers don't seem to jive with the international ones.

The recognized international source says:

https://coronavirus.app/tracking/thailand

35,582 new cases;  523 deaths.

Where their data coming from?

There is simply one line that says  Department Of Disease Control which, I would assume to be the Thailand Health Department (หน้าแรก | กรมควบคุมโรค (moph.go.th)) which means that these are the official figures.

What is the discrepancy you are seeing?

When they declared on Monday that it was getting better on the basis of a one day insignificant small dip, I said that you don't draw conclusions on a one day result.

Tatatata! Cases and numbers of deaths up again.

But chances are that the decisions on experiments and opening up miraculously remain. Because if the cases occasionally go down they wrongly use it as the "scientific" basis for decisions. But if the cases go up, the numbers are surely wrong or are not so important.

Same with the sandbox that should have been cancelled if they had done what they promised as soon as infections reached the agreed limit.

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Rain said:

The imaginary and fudged end is near. 

The nail on the head, but did he who knows everything even feel a twitch? . . . doubt it, somehow!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Are all Thai prisons 'overcrowded' or is that journalistic license?

Tell me true, Poolie . . . what do you think?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Tell me true, Poolie . . . what do you think?

To be honest, it doesn't matter what I think. I'm curious, that's all.  Are they described as 'overcrowded' from personal experience or is it a soundbite.

• Thanks 1

CDC just released that how many comordibities those who died had. With zero it was less than 100 people! So for healthy individuals this was like dying of a lightning strike kind of chance but this clown world decided to lockdown, shutdown and isolate like panicked morons everybody.

How many have died of the spike protein (injected (vector) or produced (mRNA)) vaccine side effects? At least 10000, probably close to 50000 Americans, because doctors are unwilling to report even clear cases of vaccine related deaths. A lot of them healthy individuals with zero comordibities. This is insane! 

21 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

CDC just released that how many comordibities those who died had. With zero it was less than 100 people! So for healthy individuals this was like dying of a lightning strike kind of chance but this clown world decided to lockdown, shutdown and isolate like panicked morons everybody.

How many have died of the spike protein (injected (vector) or produced (mRNA)) vaccine side effects? At least 10000, probably close to 50000 Americans, because doctors are unwilling to report even clear cases of vaccine related deaths. A lot of them healthy individuals with zero comordibities. This is insane! 

Nope, so calm down and have a cup of tea.

You've been had by another disinformation spreader.

Once your heart rate is normal again, read the facts, not some deliberate attempt at driving people nuts with fake news. Don't give them the satisfaction.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

And if that's not enough:

https://fullfact.org/health/daily-expose-covid-deaths-vaccine-deaths/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Nope, so calm down and have a cup of tea.

You've been had by another disinformation spreader.

Once your heart rate is normal again, read the facts, not some deliberate attempt at driving people nuts with fake news. Don't give them the satisfaction.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

And if that's not enough:

https://fullfact.org/health/daily-expose-covid-deaths-vaccine-deaths/

I think it’s called confirmation bias. A small minority of people come up with these crazy conspiracy theories and because of social media, you can always find some article or misrepresented report that confirms what you believe. It’s a major problem for the modern world.  Years ago you had to go in search of scientific papers or read a series of articles in newspapers etc. Now you just Google “Covid vaccines kill people ” and you get enough articles to confirm what you already thought was true.