News Forum - 80 year old Australian man kicked to the ground in Chiang Mai road altercation

Thaiger

34 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Here’s a pic folks of the cross walk of raised mound question. Taken today! 

IMG_0517.MOV

45125E50-D471-4541-9F20-5ECF3B57D13D.jpeg

CA5605C5-D35C-431B-827C-DEAEBA69AF5B.jpeg

Wow! How do you get a car over that? 😂

I don't think anyone's said that it's not "raised", just that it's not a "raised crossing" as they're normally recognised, which is a bit like driving over a sleeping policeman / speed bump.

Similarly, I don't think anyone's said that the assault's acceptable, just that he hardly did himself any favours by slapping the car -   particularly when he didn't cross the zebra to the pavement but just walked down the road afterwards, two metres out from the kerb instead. 

Rather like you taking it on yourself to speed after someone who'd missed you by 30cm to yell at them, then thinking you'd done the right thing. 

• Cool 1

16 hours ago, Fluke said:

That is about half the size of the Woman , the zebra crossing must be at least one meter high of the road level , that is the size of a bridge ....................either that or you put your camera at an angle to make it appear to ne huge ?

I am not a camera magician. That is just the way the driver went. It is more of a slope from that direction.

16 hours ago, Stonker said:

Wow! How do you get a car over that? 😂

I don't think anyone's said that it's not "raised", just that it's not a "raised crossing" as they're normally recognised, which is a bit like driving over a sleeping policeman / speed bump.

Similarly, I don't think anyone's said that the assault's acceptable, just that he hardly did himself any favours by slapping the car -   particularly when he didn't cross the zebra to the pavement but just walked down the road afterwards, two metres out from the kerb instead. 

Rather like you taking it on yourself to speed after someone who'd missed you by 30cm to yell at them, then thinking you'd done the right thing. 

The driver is wrong, but also the old man. It is not a right of way to think you are king pedestrian here. For me when I left as I always do, I sopped, looked left, looked right, looked left again and then walked. I know better than to think I am the king of the walkway.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/24/2021 at 3:34 PM, franckl said:

Old white boomer asked for it. White farangs need to file down their fangs and pick up some manners and learn a bit about civility.

I agree, many farangs go to Thailand and complain about the culture and expect Thais to change their culture too to suit the farangs.

It is a fact most cars do not stop at zebra crossings, I don't either when someone is crossing as if I did the people crossing might expect the cars behind me to stop as well which they won't thus putting the people crossing the road in danger.

We have to cross, continually look left and right, dodge the traffic as that is the culture there.

It is also the culture not to go and bang on other peoples cars.