News Forum - Electrician electrocuted to death in Chon Buri

Thaiger

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

This is the other days news. I know it is a death and a serious matter, but actually we saw it the other day and we all busted up laughing. If you see the news footage, it shows him dead in the wires, but then it pans down and low and behold there are rows of Thai people standing around looking up, talking and it literally looked like a festival or party. Thaigre sure is slow on the uptake for the download of the news.

Yeah they're rapidly taking the place of TVF on reporting and discussion management. Day late, dollar short, and selectively moderating. 

16 minutes ago, Objectivance said:

Yeah they're rapidly taking the place of TVF on reporting and discussion management. Day late, dollar short, and selectively moderating. 

Don't push your luck, @Objectivance. You've just had a gentle reminder to keep your posting agreeable to all. This not-so-subtle remark about moderating, if repeated and according to the G&Rs, will result in more substantial action.

Just think, before 'talking', in the interests of all TT members.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Objectivance said:

What was your username on TVF?

Do you have any more veiled threats you want to make?  Do you need his home address?  Perhaps a photo?

Coming from a country where such photos are -never- published, it does shock me. Doesn't feel right to me somehow. Same for some of the lighthearted comments here. 

People work under less than optimal circumstances, with less than optimal tools, often for less than fair remuneration. Simply sad.

4 hours ago, Faraday said:

When we had our house built last year, this was the consumer unit.

It has been upgraded now.

IMG_20210706_154817.jpg

not even the worst i've seen.

My old coffeeshop had chang switches 25 of them daisy chained was the first thing replaced.

My house i've recently moved to had two consumer units daisy chained, fixing this however resulted into higher electric bill, it appears half of my electric was 'free' before. Still don't really understand how... but... now I atleast don't have a fire risk.

• Cool 1

7 hours ago, Shark said:

not even the worst i've seen.

My old coffeeshop had chang switches 25 of them daisy chained was the first thing replaced.

My house i've recently moved to had two consumer units daisy chained, fixing this however resulted into higher electric bill, it appears half of my electric was 'free' before. Still don't really understand how... but... now I atleast don't have a fire risk.

When you say daisy chained, do you mean one feeding into the next one, or something else?
Feeding the live in and out of light switches and feeding the neutral in and out of ceiling roses must be an industry standard in quite a few countries.

I don't know if Chang has a bad reputation for their range switches and power outlets, or if they have any link to Chang beer?

31 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

When you say daisy chained, do you mean one feeding into the next one, or something else?
Feeding the live in and out of light switches and feeding the neutral in and out of ceiling roses must be an industry standard in quite a few countries.

I don't know if Chang has a bad reputation for their range switches and power outlets, or if they have any link to Chang beer?

Perhaps to be a linesman you have to drink 2 bottles of chang before staring work with your flip flops and bamboo pole ?

24 minutes ago, gummy said:

Perhaps to be a linesman you have to drink 2 bottles of chang before staring work with your flip flops and bamboo pole ?

I believe the accepted standard is 3 bottles of Chang.

And will his employer face any legal action? Clearly it is his fault, looking at  his statement at least, the guy should have been fired some time ago: "The electrician’s employer, 52 year old Naruesirn Dokmaiklee, says he had warned Montri numerous times about wearing proper safety equipment. He adds that Montri would often try to do work outside of his capabilities

9 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Coming from a country where such photos are -never- published, it does shock me. Doesn't feel right to me somehow. Same for some of the lighthearted comments here. 

People work under less than optimal circumstances, with less than optimal tools, often for less than fair remuneration. Simply sad.

I remember before t'internet here when people still bought magazines, there was a Thai publication that seemed to have nothing but photos of dead bodies, usually mutilated after the horrific accidents we still see today.

Just now, Bluesofa said:

I remember before t'internet here when people still bought magazines, there was a Thai publication that seemed to have nothing but photos of dead bodies, usually mutilated after the horrific accidents we still see today.

You're right but locals put those mags out of business as soon as FB ad camera phones came on the scene. I mean they rush out when they hear a crash and gather round the carnage with their phones and put it on their FB page asap to gain as many "likes" as possible. I get the impression that pictures of mutilated bodies at a car crash are running pictures of Somtam a very close race.

2 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Hi Bluesofa,

I don't mean daisy chained in any shape or form like you would be used to in "other countries".
This was done pretty Thai.

They are just from 1970's. Old hard and big massive switch. Has the same logo as Chang beer.

• Thanks 1

Any Thai with a screwdriver is an 'electrician' ours when putting the shower in and told to make sure it was earthed said- what does that mean. 🤪 We are still alive.

5 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Any Thai with a screwdriver is an 'electrician' ours when putting the shower in and told to make sure it was earthed said- what does that mean. 🤪 We are still alive.

Earth to a Thai electrician is just somewhere to lay and go to sleep😁

I rewired the MIL house.  Not a big job as only one 60 amp ceramic fuse, 11 x 40 year old fluro fittings (crumbling) and 4 ceiling fans, 2 not working!  T

The old fluro end fittings, crumbling away or burnt, were mounted on strips of wood.  Switches and old power points simply fell apart as I removed them.

B3rFsW__T94GQpiId9nbeI7BqT-gya-g-50RfPaF

p5qSNzD5MkkFfjKNjF8QNlfVtfuaL14RnpoBg84_

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KaptainRob said:

I rewired the MIL house.  Not a big job as only one 60 amp ceramic fuse, 11 x 40 year old fluro fittings (crumbling) and 4 ceiling fans, 2 not working!  T

The old fluro end fittings, crumbling away or burnt, were mounted on strips of wood.  Switches and old power points simply fell apart as I removed them.

'40 year-old fluro fittings (crumbling)'
Some of our less than 15 year-old circular fluorescent fittings crumble the same when I've come to replace the tube.

There is not a bit of health and safety here in Thailand.  He is probably barefoot because he thought his flip flops might hinder him.  I doubt he was qualified to do whatever he was trying to do either.  No different than the constructions workers with no PPE.  I have seen many working on a roof with no safety harness and flip flops on.  Hard to feel sorry for them when they protect themselves from something they won't get (mask), but won't protect themselves against something that has a greater probability of causing serious injury or death.  

• Cool 1