Vaccine for retired foreigner stuck in Nongkhai

Nivram

I am a retiree over 60 that lives in Phuket but have been staying in Nongkhai for the past three months. Since there are travel restrictions (no domestic flights).  I cannot return to Phuket until a) I am vaccinated, b) have a negative covid test not more than 72 hours old before arrival in Phuket, and c) need domestic flight(s) from Udon Thani to Phuket.

Udon Thani is the closest airport to me. There are no domestic flights in general unless it is "Sandbox " related.

Where can I get vaccinated in a hospital in either Phonpisai or Nongkhai.  Bangkok Hospital in Udon Thani is fully booked till the end of the year for the Moderna vaccine.

PS: I do not want Sinovac or the latest addition Sputnik from Russia.

Any advice.

Thank you

On 8/24/2021 at 4:25 PM, Nivram said:

I am a retiree over 60 that lives in Phuket but have been staying in Nongkhai for the past three months. Since there are travel restrictions (no domestic flights).  I cannot return to Phuket until a) I am vaccinated, b) have a negative covid test not more than 72 hours old before arrival in Phuket, and c) need domestic flight(s) from Udon Thani to Phuket.

Udon Thani is the closest airport to me. There are no domestic flights in general unless it is "Sandbox " related.

Where can I get vaccinated in a hospital in either Phonpisai or Nongkhai.  Bangkok Hospital in Udon Thani is fully booked till the end of the year for the Moderna vaccine.

PS: I do not want Sinovac or the latest addition Sputnik from Russia.

Any advice.

Thank you

Can't be of much help in the short term regarding vax in Issan as l am in similar circumstances here in NBL.

If, and that is a big if, Thailand gets the 30M doses of Pfizer before years end, there will be a mad scramble to distribute and inject as the shelf life is only 31 days.  That may be your best bet.

The domestic flight restrictions seem to be on the way back so that should help with transport issues.

Good luck, relax and enjoy the Issan tranquility. 

Just seen this sorry I missed it earlier have you registered on this site ?

https://expatvac.consular.go.th/

It went live on 1st August and many people are receiving first doses  including myself having received it today in Udon Thani . I think it is still live so may I suggest you register immediately and wait to see what happens. as it could be more than 2 or 3 weeks perhaps. Hopefully it will not be too late for you but suspect it will be Udon you will need to go to from Nong Khai should you get on the list. Trust this helps

Gummy, where do you live?

The site asks for you address reported to immigration.

I live Phuket, but am in Nongkhai.  I do not want to create any red flags.

7 hours ago, Nivram said:

I live in Khon Kaen district, I'm registered now 2 weeks, no email yet for an appointment I meet all the requirements being 78, but health good for now, can change very quickly at my age.

16 hours ago, Nivram said:

Gummy which hospital in Udon and which vaccine?

Vaccinated at Udon Thani Rajabaht Uni. It is a quarantine and vaccination centre here in Udon. As a matter of interest whilst there we were told that the quarantine Centre is closing down soon as numbers are dropping. It was Pfizer as will my 2nd dose be.

16 hours ago, Nivram said:

I live in Udon Thani Province. I suspect that may be an issue for you , however staying in Nong Khai  for 2/3 months ? you should have advised Immigration of your address there anyway, ( perhaps @Faz   could advise you on that subject ) so if not suggest you do it urgently and then register on the site.

17 hours ago, Nivram said:

Why are you stuck in Nongkhai and cannot return to Phuket?

- No domestic flights

- Udon Thani classified as a Dark Red Zone

- To enter Phuket you have to be vaccinated plus negative Covid test not more than 72 hours prior to entry.

- No vaccines locally and  Bangkok Hospital is fully booked till the end of the year.

10 minutes ago, Nivram said:

- No domestic flights

- Udon Thani classified as a Dark Red Zone

- To enter Phuket you have to be vaccinated plus negative Covid test not more than 72 hours prior to entry.

- No vaccines locally and  Bangkok Hospital is fully booked till the end of the year.

Has a TM30 been filed with Udon Thai Immigration to officially change your address?

Staying in a hotel, with friends, or rented accommodation?

• Like 1

Why the immigration question?

The local police station has my information. You can report in that manner and besides Udon Thani is not the province where I am staying.

I would have to fly out of Udon Thani airport.

Can you get to Udon Thani tomorrow ?. The Provincial Health centre, for tomorrow only are inviting foreigners who have not had a vax yet to turn up and register and receive 1st  Pfizer dose. All you need is your passport. Sure the health advice the form you will fill in need to have your address on it  but there will be no link to immigration I am 99% certain. 2nd dose will be in 3 weeks but they have stated supplies are limited so suggest if you can or wish get there early. They only announced it today by the way so call, or ask someone to call for you the Udon Provincial Health Ministry. 042-222-356

48 minutes ago, Nivram said:

Why the immigration question?

The local police station has my information. You can report in that manner and besides Udon Thani is not the province where I am staying.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified

If there is no Immigration office, but Nong Khai has an Immigration office.

You can't return to Phuket unless vaccinated.
Your in Nong Khai and need to register locally for the vaccine.
I don't know if you have to submit 90 day reports or your on a Covid extension, but unless your address is officially notified to Immigration and you have a receipt of a TM30 being filed, your not going to get any service from Immigration in Nong Khai or be able to register locally for the vaccine.

• Like 1

Udon Thani is not my province.  Nongkhai is my province where I am staying.  The local police is who I  notified upon my arrival to the Tambon.  Every province has an immigration office, which doesn't mean it is easily accessible.

I did my 90 day reporting online twice already from Nongkai.

PS: I just came back from the local clinic with my g/f and we registered to receive the 1st dose of Sinovac on August 29 at a hospital in Phonpisai. Fourteen days later we will receive a 2nd shot but it will be the Astrazeneca vaccine.  No charge.

Your missing the point.

On 8/26/2021 at 2:01 PM, Nivram said:

If you register and put your Phuket address an appointment will be made in Phuket, but your in Nong Khai and can't get back to Phuket.
You need to file a TM30 at Nong Khai Immigration to officially change your address to where your staying in Nong Khai, then use that address for the registration to obtain an appointment locally.

Alternatively, put your Nong Khai address on the registration form and hope they don't ask for proof of address at the appointment.

Don't know when your extension renewal date is, but you could be in Nong Khai for a while to get an appointment and your not going to be able to extend your stay again in Nong Khai unless someone filed a TM30. Expect a fine.

35 minutes ago, Nivram said:

Udon Thani is not my province.  Nongkhai is my province where I am staying.  The local police is who I  notified upon my arrival to the Tambon.  Every province has an immigration office, which doesn't mean it is easily accessible.

I did my 90 day reporting online twice already from Nongkai.

Well too late now but the easy way round that would have been to go to Udon tonight stay in a cheap hotel or expensive one. They register with immigration you are there as they are obligated to do. Go to the Health centre in the morning and give the address of the hotel you are staying at all perfectly above board. Get registered and your 1st Pfizer. No need to stay there for second dose as you just go on the day and time allotted but guess's too late for you now unless you get your skates on.

I got an appointment yesterday at the local clinic for my first dose of vaccine for August 29 at the hospital. All they asked for was my passport.

8 minutes ago, Nivram said:

I got an appointment yesterday at the local clinic for my first dose of vaccine for August 29 at the hospital. All they asked for was my passport.

Good news for you, which vaccine ? My guess for your age is that they will allocate you Pfizer. Please tell us how you found the experience after tomorrow and your next appointment date.