Tracking my Lazada package

Bluesofa

I'm trying to track my Lazada package.

They used to tell you where it was. Not any more.
Also it depends on what device you use to track it.

Logging in via my laptop, I see a list to track my package it says: "Departed from Sortation Center"
But WHERE is that? No geographic name at all.

Using the Android App, I get a map. There are two markers. One is light blue, the other red.
Both have a trail following them from Chiang Rai where the package started its journey, giving the impression of the route already taken. Which one is which?
The red one is at Udon where I live. The marker is on the ring road somewhere (nowhere near my house). Perhaps it's the Udon delivery centre, who knows?
The light blue one is halfway between Chiang Rai and Udon.

Why can't they make it straightforward?

There are two coloured markers - Screenshot_20210824-152143_Lazada.thumb.jpg.8a863e82f61257bffaac43d00cf29dcf.jpg

Screenshot from 2021-08-24 15-24-09-edit1.png

^^^I think you will get the package soon Mr Bluesofa.

My guess is either this afternoon, tomorrow, Thursday or Friday.

Some of my packages arrive early; others take longer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

^^^I think you will get the package soon Mr Bluesofa.

My guess is either this afternoon, tomorrow, Thursday or Friday.

Some of my packages arrive early; others take longer.

Thanks snapdragon.

I have no doubt it will arrive. Lazada have never lost a package yet. Also I always order COD, so if it didn't arrive, I wouldn't lose any money.

I'm more irritated as to why (for me) it's not clear or straightforward any more to see where it is on its journey to me.

• Like 1

It is the freight carrier that has the movement tracking system and does, or does not do, the scanning. 

Some have better tracking systems and are more diligent about scanning than others.  Personally my preference is for Kerry but the supplier chooses the freight co.

Sometimes you can get a bit more detail by copying the tracking number and pasting it into the carrier's website direct.  The carrier is identified by Lazada.  I have Kerry, Best Express and Flash Express bookmarked for that purpose.  There are, of course, other carriers but those are the three that deliver most frequently to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Thanks snapdragon.

I have no doubt it will arrive. Lazada have never lost a package yet. Also I always order COD, so if it didn't arrive, I wouldn't lose any money.

I'm more irritated as to why (for me) it's not clear or straightforward any more to see where it is on its journey to me.

I've had good luck with Lazada too. I think I have ordered between 160 and 169 packages/items from them.

The only one that was a disappointment - from Laz not the supplier  - was a glass bottle of vitamins (or was it fish oil) that had broken en route. Took me about two hours to get all the fragments of glass off them. Mrs Snapdragon said to wash them, but I told her it was not a good idea.

I ordered something one day and the following week some fishing hooks arrived. Have not used them yet. Might catch a whopper if I do.

I'm not really into tracking; although I have a satellite phone.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

It is the freight carrier that has the movement tracking system and does, or does not do, the scanning. 

Some have better tracking systems and are more diligent about scanning than others.  Personally my preference is for Kerry but the supplier chooses the freight co.

Sometimes you can get a bit more detail by copying the tracking number and pasting it into the carrier's website direct.  The carrier is identified by Lazada.  I have Kerry, Best Express and Flash Express bookmarked for that purpose.  There are, of course, other carriers but those are the three that deliver most frequently to me.

i see the "Delivery Partner" is Flash Express.

I went to their tracking website and see my parcel is "Uttaradit>Udon Thani", then it further tells me it's between Khon Kaen and Udon. It left Khon Kaen half an hour ago.
Funny the page is in English, apart from all the place names being in Thai, ha ha!

Thanks for your help. Next time I'll know to use the carrier's tracking, and not rely soley on Lazada, even though it gives you 'some' information.

The blue symbol is where the parcel is at the moment and if you looked at a proper map then you would probably find that at that point the truck is at Loei unloading the deliveries for that area distribution depot and it will move on to the next big town with a distribution depot before it gets to the one that covers your area. I have been having delivery problems a lot lately and the word from Lazada is that because of Covid there logistic section (LEX) has had to reduce their staff so it takes longer to do the sorting and the deliveries. I have not had any problems with any of the other logistics companies and one seller told me that they can only use the logistics company that Lazada tells them to. Sometimes I get the notification that my parcel will be delivered within the next hour and anything from 3 hours to 6 hours later the LEX rider wearing a "Lineman" jacket with a "Lineman" bag on the back pulls up without the phone call with my delivery coming out of his "Lineman" food bag.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Russell said:

The blue symbol is where the parcel is at the moment and if you looked at a proper map then you would probably find that at that point the truck is at Loei unloading the deliveries for that area distribution depot and it will move on to the next big town with a distribution depot before it gets to the one that covers your area. I have been having delivery problems a lot lately and the word from Lazada is that because of Covid there logistic section (LEX) has had to reduce their staff so it takes longer to do the sorting and the deliveries. I have not had any problems with any of the other logistics companies and one seller told me that they can only use the logistics company that Lazada tells them to. Sometimes I get the notification that my parcel will be delivered within the next hour and anything from 3 hours to 6 hours later the LEX rider wearing a "Lineman" jacket with a "Lineman" bag on the back pulls up without the phone call with my delivery coming out of his "Lineman" food bag.

Thanks. Unless I've missed the obvious, why can't they tell you that?
All it needs is the legend "Blue=current location, Red=final distribution point"

Although gawd know why there was a 'trail' Chiang Rai>Udon?

3 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Thanks. Unless I've missed the obvious, why can't they tell you that?
All it needs is the legend "Blue=current location, Red=final distribution point"

Although gawd know why there was a 'trail' Chiang Rai>Udon?

Is this info' in real time? I think it might be.

But what about the minor distribution centres? Surely they have to be sorted?

Possibly because that is the route that the big truck has to take with stops at the local distribution depots on the way. One of the things that has annoyed my recently is the seller marking that the order has been packed when in fact the seller did not have the item at the time and I get a message from the seller that he will cancel the order and for me to re-order as the time limit set by Lazada was close to expire and Lazada would have cancelled the order anyway. So I let the seller cancel the order but I placed the order with a different seller who delivered the item very quickly with no BS.

• Like 1

Flash always has a more circuitious tracking because they use many drop off points to make it easier to send a package, but this adds a delay of a day to delivery and 2 or 3 extra spots on the tracking! Kerry are quicker but more expensive and the package has to be dropped at their office. Mind you mane suppliers seem to use Kerry for the costing but Flash for the delivery!!!🤫

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1