News Forum - Pfizer vaccine being administered to eligible foreign residents in Pattaya

Thaiger

Qualifying foreign residents in Pattaya are receiving the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine this week, as part of the rollout in the eastern province of Chon Buri. The Pattaya News reports that administration of Pfizer kicked off this week, but that many Pattaya residents have criticised the slow pace of inoculation. Yesterday, health officials continued to administer vaccines at Central Festival Pattaya Beach, near Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. The site has served as a vaccination centre for over a week now. In order to be eligible for the Pfizer vaccine, foreign residents in Pattaya must meet certain criteria and have registered ahead of […]

The post Pfizer vaccine being administered to eligible foreign residents in Pattaya appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

They started a week ago.  I got my first Pfizer jab the 18th and will get the next the 8th of September.  Thank you to the US for the donation 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Rebel said:

They started a week ago.  I got my first Pfizer jab the 18th and will get the next the 8th of September.  Thank you to the US for the donation 

Excellent to hear that folks are getting vaccinated that need the vaccines.  If only this government had gone the extra step in December instead of relying on the homegrown vaccine and the Sinovac this wave might have turned out different and not taken so many lives.  

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, HappyExpat said:

I'm supposed to get my first jab of Pfizer tomorrow (Wednesday). I'll let you know how that goes.

Today there was a comment that is also possible to get a jab for foreigners under 60 and in certain groups . I asked if he is sure about but I got no answer til yet. Maybe you have or can get information about that when you are there. Thank you in advance

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HappyExpat said:

I'm supposed to get my first jab of Pfizer tomorrow (Wednesday). I'll let you know how that goes.

It'll go in your arm 🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stardust said:

Today there was a comment that is also possible to get a jab for foreigners under 60 and in certain groups . I asked if he is sure about but I got no answer til yet. Maybe you have or can get information about that when you are there. Thank you in advance

I've seen on multiple platforms the requirements for getting vaccinated if you are under 60. You must register and bring in a medical certificate verifying at least one of the following:

Patients with 7 underlying diseases:

Edited by HappyExpat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stardust said:

All we know for sure is that there were 1.5m doses and 150.000 were set aside for foreigners. That's 75.000 people.

Since there were less than 75.000 applicants, they have reassigned some doses to other target groups. But in principle all who registered should get it. Then again, you never know where they end up...

They started in and around Bangkok and only the last few days started in the provinces.

They arrived 30/7 and the first shots could all have easily been put in arms (at 3100 per day over the last 24 days) already. The goverent claims to do millions each month, so a mere 75.000 should have been little extra effort.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 minute ago, HappyExpat said:

I've seen on multiple platforms the requirements for getting vaccinated if you are under 60. You must register and bring in a medical certificate verifying at least one of the following:

Patients with 7 underlying diseases:

I just got the answer it is also possible under 60 and not in the group of chronical diseases.

Confusion is again here because it seems one time yes one time no or we dont know yet. Because he got vaccinated and under 60 and not in certain groups and told me they changed it a few times yes, no, yes ,no,  but he got one jab.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

All we know for sure is that there were 1.5m doses and 150.000 were set aside for foreigners. That's 75.000 people.

Since there were less than 75.000 applicants, they have reassigned some doses to other target groups. But in principle all who registered should get it. Then again, you never know where they end up...

They started in and around Bangkok and only the last few days started in the provinces.

They arrived 30/7 and the first shots could all have easily been put in arms (at 3100 per day over the last 24 days) already. The goverent claims to do millions each month, so a mere 75.000 should have been little extra effort.

The problem is when they say for the application or registration you have to be 60 or above or in this group with cronical diseases, sure then you have less applicants and brings a lot of confusion.

• Cool 1

13 minutes ago, Stardust said:

The problem is when they say for the application or registration you have to be 60 or above or in this group with cronical diseases, sure then you have less applicants and brings a lot of confusion.

No, there were TOTAL less than 75.000 applicants. And MOST were UNDER 60 with NO preconditions.

This is from the MFA spokesperson:

IMG_20210824_154525.jpg

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, Allan said:

Hope they don't forget Khon Kaen district, I'm 78 and regersted expatvac just a waiting game now for the email date time etc.

Try your local hospital, rather than that discredited app. I did and, five days later, I'd been 1st jabbed, with a certificate showing my 2nd appt. Are you within reasonable travel distance?

5 hours ago, Bob20 said:

No, there were TOTAL less than 75.000 applicants. And MOST were UNDER 60 with NO preconditions.

This is from the MFA spokesperson:

IMG_20210824_154525.jpg

Yes if you in the a certain group with chronical diseases you could registrate under 60 with a certificate from a doctor. But this I wrote before 

60 or above or in a certain group with cronical diseases that how they wrote it for the application or registration. But we talked about

Under 60 and not from this certain groups (chronical diseases)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Yes if you in the a certain group with chronical diseases you could registrate under 60 with a certificate from a doctor. But this I wrote before 

60 or above or in a certain group with cronical diseases that how they wrote it for the application or registration. But we talked about

Under 60 and not from this certain groups (chronical diseases)

Friend, no... Really...

Go to the registration website. Fill out your details. There are no restrictions. I am under 60 with no chronic disease either and I was accepted without problem.

Of course, the elderly and urgent cases should be called for a jab first, but everyone can register.

Edited by Bob20
spelling
  • Cool 1

9 hours ago, Rebel said:

Thailand a vaccine manufacturer relying on donations…

11 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Friend, no... Really...

Go to the registration website. Fill out your details. There are no restrictions. I am under 60 with no chronic disease either and I was accepted without problem.

Of course, the elderly and urgent cases should be called for a jab first, but everyone can register.

Yes I understood but they made the confusion because they wrote must be 60 or in this certain groups so I think the most like myself were thinking then they cannot registrate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Yes I understood but they made the confusion because they wrote must be 60 or in this certain groups so I think the most like myself were thinking then they cannot registrate.

It only says that "priority is given to over 60's".

Just register, it will be fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1