News Forum - Police chief transferred for probe into death during alleged extortion attempt

Thaiger

3 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

He was probably shagging those two maids as well. 

All the cars, all the houses, but can't afford a pair of glasses !

7 hours ago, JTCarius said:

40K a month regional police superintendent is a "swanky" position?

You might want to look up that word there, Flash.

You sir, win the "high IQ of the day" award."🥇

Another one that clearly doesn't know how things work here...

9 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

He was probably shagging those two maids as well. 

Well nothin wrong with that, probably banging them over the bonnet of one of his Ferraris. 

9 hours ago, Benroon said:

All the cars, all the houses, but can't afford a pair of glasses !

All the cars, all the houses, don't need glasses, just some a**es.

14 hours ago, Rain said:

Another one that clearly doesn't know how things work here...

I was born and raised here

I am a Thai citizen

My wife is a karatchagan (court officer) at San Aya, the national Criminal Courts of Justice.

The paperwork and accounting for virtually every major national case that is settled at the Courts of Justice is processed by my wife's hands.

Before lock-down I regularly had dinner with a senior judge who is my wife's best friend's husband.

We have had a range of discussions over several glasses of wine concerning the systemic corruption in Thai society.

Do you really want to be the nitwit who tries to tell me about the legal and judiciary system here?

Edited by King Cotton
Ex -TVF nomenclature deleted.

5 hours ago, JTCarius said:

I was born and raised here

I am a Thai citizen

My wife is a karatchagan (court officer) at San Aya, the national Criminal Courts of Justice.

The paperwork and accounting for virtually every major national case that is settled at the Courts of Justice is processed by my wife's hands.

Before lock-down I regularly had dinner with a senior judge who is my wife's best friend's husband.

We have had a range of discussions over several glasses of wine concerning the systemic corruption in Thai society.

Do you really want to be the nitwit who tries to tell me about the legal and judiciary system here?

If writing that didn’t embarrass you, it should have ! 

3 hours ago, JTCarius said:

Why would I be embarrassed? Seriously?

Gloating is not cool and makes you sound like a fool IMO. Especially when its highly dubious in the first place!

As an example, if I told you I had a contact that your judge would take orders from that would be gloating. So I don't !

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

Gloating is not cool and makes you sound like a fool IMO. Especially when its highly dubious in the first place!

As an example, if I told you I had a contact that your judge would take orders from that would be gloating. So I don't !

Gloating?

Uh....you might want to learn how to use that in a sentence, Mr. Benroon.

Let's take a look at the Cambridge Dictionary definition:

feeling or expressing great pleasure or satisfaction because of your own success or good luck, or someone else's failure or bad luck:

The gloating expression in his eyes had been replaced by curiosity.

He glanced at it, then at Michael, with a gloating expression.

Gloating?

No, no, no. Wasn't gloating. Did you think I was bragging or putting on airs or acting pretentiously?

Well, maybe I could have appeared to come across that way.

To somebody with thin girly skin.

I could care less if you believe me or not. I was stating the reason for my opinion the best way that occurred to me at the time.

I am up to my ears practically every day listening to cases of legal corruption from my wife or occasionally her colleagues.

I grew up here. Judges, lawyers, court officers, police, will have no problem telling you that most cops are dirty and can get away with murder here in Thailand.

At least this time you weren't wildly insisting you asked me a question 17 times when you only asked me once. Geez..you were really out of it that night.

Take care, Mr Benroon. Please go find somebody else's time to waste.

Edited by JTCarius
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JTCarius said:

Gloating?

feeling or expressing great pleasure or satisfaction because of your own success or good luck, or someone else's failure or bad luck:

Gloating?

No, no, no. Wasn't gloating. Did you think I was bragging or putting on airs or acting pretentiously?

I could care less if you believe me or not. I was stating the reason for my opinion the best way that occurred to me at the time.

I am up to my ears practically every day listening to cases of legal corruption from my wife or occasionally her colleagues.

I grew up here. Judges, lawyers, court officers, police, will have no problem telling you that most cops are dirty and can get away with murder here in Thailand.

At least this time you weren't wildly insisting you asked me a question 17 times when you only asked me once. Geez..you were really out of it that night.

haha you're funny ! 

(but thanks for the definition - all you need to do now is interpret it correctly and you'll see why it was perfectly apt) - though given English isn't your first language, allegedly, I'll make allowances this time.

Edited by Benroon

6 hours ago, Benroon said:
7 hours ago, JTCarius said:

Gloating?

Gloating?

Expand  

haha you're funny ! 

(but thanks for the definition - all you need to do now is interpret it correctly and you'll see why it was perfectly apt) - though given English isn't your first language, allegedly, I'll make allowances this time.

@Benroonand @JTCarius 

With this thread having become a quarrelsome war of insults between the two of you, unless you're willing and able to leave the squabble there, I will delete ALL the previous quarrelsome posts (3 from each of you).

Thanks in advance for your cooperation,

For those who say "...corruption is a way of life in Thailand", I say how very very sad and defeatist this statement is. Corruption exists in all countries around the world to some degreee. But most developed countries at least have a system of government, a constitution or bill of rights of sorts and a police service and judicial sytem t0 prosecutes injustice.

Developing countries like Thailand will never fully develop until they put in place a system at all levels of Government and public service to deal with this. As long as Thailand continues to run "democracy at the end of a gun", there will never be the political will to drive change.

Integrity in leadership is required. Start with integrity in the electoral process and maybe Thailand can begin a journey to a better future for all its citizens rather than just the elite. Thailand can change with the right elected leadership. Bring in the UN to oversee free and fair elections. 

Bring in a new era of political leadership who drives cultural change within the police and army.

I know, I know, I'm dreaming!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gomez said:

For those who say "...corruption is a way of life in Thailand", I say how very very sad and defeatist this statement is. Corruption exists in all countries around the world to some degreee. But most developed countries at least have a system of government, a constitution or bill of rights of sorts and a police service and judicial sytem t0 prosecutes injustice.

Developing countries like Thailand will never fully develop until they put in place a system at all levels of Government and public service to deal with this. As long as Thailand continues to run "democracy at the end of a gun", there will never be the political will to drive change.

Integrity in leadership is required. Start with integrity in the electoral process and maybe Thailand can begin a journey to a better future for all its citizens rather than just the elite. Thailand can change with the right elected leadership. Bring in the UN to oversee free and fair elections. 

Bring in a new era of political leadership who drives cultural change within the police and army.

I know, I know, I'm dreaming!

Excellent comment!  And sorry I missed your debut post, the other day, but thanks for that!

Hello, Gomez and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton