News Forum - Police chief transferred for probe into death during alleged extortion attempt

Thaiger

A police chief in Nakhon Sawan is being transferred following allegations that he accidentally killed a man while demanding a 2 million baht bribe. A plastic bag was reportedly tied over the man’s head and he suffocated to death, but the superintendent of the station allegedly wrote the death off as drug overdose, according to Royal Thai Police inspector-general Wissanu Prasartthong-osoth. Two suspects were arrested on drug charges and brought into the Mueang Nakhon Sawan Provincial Police Station on August 5 for questioning by the province’s narcotics suppression team, according to the inspector-general. During the interrogation, the station’s superintendent, Pol Col Thitisant […]

The post Police chief transferred for probe into death during alleged extortion attempt appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Angry 1

I wonder what the cost will be to have this swept under the carpet as a pure misunderstanding, although maybe it will be different now that there appears to be video footage. 

I guess the brown envelopes are being prepared already as usual.

TIT.

The only Transfer this guy should have seen is directly to Jail

Do not pass go 

Do not pick up anymore brown envelopes 

And 

No get out of jail free cards 

Screenshot_20210824-201210_Photoshop Express.jpg

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

From what I understand, it was a junior officer tasked with erasing the CCTV video that leaked it to the well-known and influential lawyer.
This brave whistleblower is in fear for his life now.
What's with this "transfer" shit all the time?

Edited by JTCarius
  • Like 2
  • Cool 1

10 minutes ago, JTCarius said:

What's with this "transfer" shit all the time?

Posted elsewhere and put on inactive duties whilst under investigation.

• Cool 1

This is hot hot hot on the Thai news. The Video on the social media is way more clear than the tv. The other big story In thai tv is some numbnuts in gov saying the protesting kid is not blind and is lying. And if is blind then he will give him a million baht. Has the woman Land encroacher chicken farmer backing him. 

• Cool 1

14 minutes ago, Faz said:

Posted elsewhere and put on inactive duties whilst under investigation.

Uh..that much was already understood. But thanks , I guess.😐 I meant why is this practice always used in lieu of actual punishment? Also, they are not put on inactive duties.

Edited by JTCarius

3 minutes ago, JTCarius said:

Uh..that much was already understood. But thanks , I guess.😐 I meant why is this practice always implemented in lieu of actual punishment. And they are not put on inactive duties.

It's under investigation, he hasn't been charged as yet, just under suspicion.
Your innocent until proven guilty in a Court of law.

3 minutes ago, Faz said:

It's under investigation, he hasn't been charged as yet, just under suspicion.
Your innocent until proven guilty in a Court of law.

You must be new to Thailand and don't quite understand how things work here.

In the majority of police or military internal investigations, a transfer is your punishment.End of story. Case closed.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JTCarius said:

In the majority of police or military internal investigations, a transfer is your punishment.End of story. Case closed.

For certain offences yes, for suspected murder, no.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

36 minutes ago, Faz said:

For certain offences yes, for suspected murder, no.

😂Like I said, you must be new here.

The evidence against the police officer is particularly weighty in this case.The actual CCTV footage is supposedly very graphic and revealing. He may be punished. I suspect he will get a slap on the wrist and the usual transfer.

On social media the lawyer mentions 5 million baht given to the father of the deceased in exchange for a statement insisting the suspected officer is a "good person" and in fact was trying  to help but his son just happened to die of an unexpected overdose.

So for one, his family will not be pressing charges.

TIT

Edited by JTCarius
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, JTCarius said:

The evidence against the police officer is particularly weighty in this case.The actual CCTV footage is supposedly very graphic and revealing. He may be punished. I suspect he will get a slap on the wrist and the usual transfer.

On social media the lawyer mentions 5 million baht given to the father of the deceased in exchange for a statement insisting the suspected officer is a "good person" and in fact was trying  to help but his son just happened to die of an unexpected overdose.

TIT

You have to see the vid. It's out their in the wild, so, 'they' cant delete it now. Very Clear, absolutely no question about what happened. After they realized he was dead they tried to do CPR (some kind of chest pounding I never saw before). A lot of them walking around shaking their head.

• Like 2

The commander of the police station, Pol Maj-General Rapeepong Sukpaiboon, has been tasked with leading the investigation and reporting to the Royal Thai Police.

So its like having your best friend over seeing the enquiry. The enquiry should be conducted by an independent team from a completely different Police area.

• Like 3

'Transferred' They love using that word. Anyone else would be immediately arrested but Police are 'transferred'.  There is a video of the whole incident everywhere on Thai social so 'transferred' will become 'life in prison' and so it should...

• Cool 1

11 hours ago, JTCarius said:

TIT

Deleted the video

Edited by Fluke
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Russellprout said:

The commander of the police station, Pol Maj-General Rapeepong Sukpaiboon, has been tasked with leading the investigation and reporting to the Royal Thai Police.

So its like having your best friend over seeing the enquiry. The enquiry should be conducted by an independent team from a completely different Police area.

Yes, chance of a proper enquiry would be a fine thing. Sorry I missed your debut post, last month.

Hello, Russellprout and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

23 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A police chief in Nakhon Sawan is being transferred following allegations that he accidentally killed a man while demanding a 2 million baht bribe. A plastic bag was reportedly tied over the man’s head and he suffocated to death, but the superintendent of the station allegedly wrote the death off as drug overdose, according to Royal Thai Police inspector-general Wissanu Prasartthong-osoth. Two suspects were arrested on drug charges and brought into the Mueang Nakhon Sawan Provincial Police Station on August 5 for questioning by the province’s narcotics suppression team, according to the inspector-general. During the interrogation, the station’s superintendent, Pol Col Thitisant […]

The post Police chief transferred for probe into death during alleged extortion attempt appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Unbelievable, don't the leaders of the country and everyone in law enforcement who actually take their jobs seriously and act within the law hang their heads in total shame, what about the General, surely he has some input here? The guys been transferred while his work colleague conducts and investigation, LOS you have some serious problems!!! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JTCarius said:

You must be new to Thailand and don't quite understand how things work here.

All the incident is filmed it is very clear already and no doubt who is guilty!

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2170519/custody-death-clip-sparks-storm

The tyranny of Thailand. Unfortuneately this tyrannical behaviour is a way of life for the beautiful people of Thailand. Democracy at the end of a gun is NOT democracy. Structurally corrupt at all level of government. There is a great sadness engulfing Thailand. Regimes who protect the super rich and oppress the poor. Rise up Thailand! Rise up in outrage at this behaviour. The police and army need to come down hard on these murderers masquerading as Police Officers. But as we know, corrupt Police investigating corrupt Police will go nowhere.

<content deleted - refer FG's re Les Majeste>

Edited by KaptainRob
content deleted - refer FG's re Les Majeste

this is the list of cars owned by former Muang Nakhon Sawan police station chief "Ferrari Joe"

E9nEnAsVIAQJnsD.jpg

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 3

Les Majeste laws may protect some, but it does not cover the outrageous behaviour of the Army and Police. WIll the Prime Minister of Thailand have the balls to make a stand against these corrupt Police Officers (Criminals) and bring them to justice before the Thai people? Does the sytem have any integrity at all?

• Cool 1