News Forum - Thailand to take delivery of 61 million AstraZeneca doses by end of the year

Thaiger

A government spokesman says Thailand will receive 61 million vaccine doses from AstraZeneca by the end of this year. According to a Nation Thailand report, Anucha Burapachaisri has also confirmed the company is working on second-generation vaccines to better handle future mutations of the virus. “Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha had an online meeting with AstraZeneca’s chief executive officer Pascal Claude Roland Soriot on Monday, during which the company promised to deliver 61 million doses of the vaccine by December-end. This will bring the total number of vaccines that the government has procured so far to 120 million doses, covering […]

The post Thailand to take delivery of 61 million AstraZeneca doses by end of the year appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

With all these millions of doses being continually stated, you would think they would have enough good vaccine to jab the country 4 times over already.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

All those lovely doses of Astrazeneca! Points to bear in mind, Denmark won’t use it and Norway won’t even allow anyone to take it voluntarily. Back in March they had three healthcare workers under the age of 50 who all died from the vaccine. If you have had Covid and recovered you are three times likely to get side-effects. A paper I’ve just been reading in the Lancet from the Oxford University clinical research group, have revealed levels of COVID-19 in the nasal cavities of vaccinated people, two months after their vaccine,  251 times the load compared to the unvaccinated. No wonder in every country that starts vaccinating there is an uptick in Covid cases mirroring the roll out

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cg66 said:

All those lovely doses of Astrazeneca! Points to bear in mind, Denmark won’t use it and Norway won’t even allow anyone to take it voluntarily. Back in March they had three healthcare workers under the age of 50 who all died from the vaccine. If you have had Covid and recovered you are three times likely to get side-effects. A paper I’ve just been reading in the Lancet from the Oxford University clinical research group, have revealed levels of COVID-19 in the nasal cavities of vaccinated people, two months after their vaccine,  251 times the load compared to the unvaccinated. No wonder in every country that starts vaccinating there is an uptick in Covid cases mirroring the roll out

You forgot to mention the 35m doses of AZ which have been administered in the UK with barely a problem, and of course not administering it causes many more deaths from covid, this is the reality of the nonsensical arguments and twisting of facts put forward by the likes of Cg66, shameful in my book.

• Like 3

All these 'public announcements' by the Junta about 'coming' Covid doses are nothing more than fake PR news that TAT releases - and the local media laps it all up like lap dogs.  The Junta screwed up thinking they were going to make billions by making AZ and Covid would not be a problem in Thailand - and then boom  -reality hits (yet again) and their solution is to do what everyone else did a year ago - order vaccines. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LondonAl said:
2 hours ago, Cg66 said:

You forgot to mention the 35m doses of AZ which have been administered in the UK with barely a problem, and of course not administering it causes many more deaths from covid, this is the reality of the nonsensical arguments and twisting of facts put forward by the likes of Cg66, shameful in my book.

>> When providing relevant factual information is considered as 'nonsensical arguments' by the likes of you, you can also put me in your Shameful Book (I guess it will fill up rather quickly)...

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

All these 'public announcements' by the Junta about 'coming' Covid doses are nothing more than fake PR news that TAT releases - and the local media laps it all up like lap dogs.  The Junta screwed up thinking they were going to make billions by making AZ and Covid would not be a problem in Thailand - and then boom  -reality hits (yet again) and their solution is to do what everyone else did a year ago - order vaccines. 

In fairness, they have already received substantial amounts of the "good" vaccines just recently - with more to come. 

Yeah, we know they f*cked it up big time from months on end....yet, I believe they're starting to get their act together - somewhat. 

Edited by Rain

43 minutes ago, Rain said:

In fairness, they have already received substantial amounts of the "good" vaccines just recently - with more to come. 

Yeah, we know they f*cked it up big time from months on end....yet, I believe they're starting to get their act together - somewhat. 

Yep - true - better late than never, that is for sure.

17 hours ago, LondonAl said:

Have you checked the vaers yellow card scheme? 1500 deaths within 48 hours. 220,000 adverse reactions just with AZ, and those are just the ones reported. Have a chat with a

nurse who works in the care home environment, who have been pressured into getting vaccinated whether they like it or not, and they will tell you how many of their colleagues have been hospitalised or become bedridden from taking Astrazeneca. Bear in mind but these are only short-term, not long-term problems. I’m sure we will see those soon

On 8/25/2021 at 6:00 AM, LondonAl said:

You forgot to mention the 35m doses of AZ which have been administered in the UK with barely a problem,

Would that be why the UK is abandoning AZ for Pfizer vaccines?  Or would that be a twisting of the facts?

Good news, of course... but, while hospitalization /death rates high, still a long wait for 30.5 million to get fully vaccinated. 

With all due respect to Lese Majeste, what happened to home-grown A-Z? Was it ever planned to be a substantial vaccine supplier to Thai people? 

• Cool 1

Delivery of something they produce in millions a month, then export most of them🙄 or is this extra from abroad?  If it's home produced total it's not enough.

Edited by thai3