News Forum - Don’t spray ethyl alcohol on your food, warns FDA

Thaiger

I saw those alcohol sprays to disinfect tables and have tried licking it off, but it tastes horrible 😂 Much better to alternate bites of food with sips of red wine. I've not been sick or infected, so that must work well 😂 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

I saw those alcohol sprays to disinfect tables and have tried licking it off, but it tastes horrible 😂 Much better to alternate bites of food with sips of red wine. I've not been sick or infected, so that must work well 😂 

To hell with the vaccines Bob, you dun found de cure!

:classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Well perhaps there are many alternatives. For me it's Asprin. My dear old Dad swore by them. As a suppository I can tell you they appear to work certainly after I took the advice of my pal when I was discussing how effective Asprin may well be and he said "stick your Asprin up your arse".  I did and so far it is working 😂

14 minutes ago, gummy said:

Well perhaps there are many alternatives. For me it's Asprin. My dear old Dad swore by them. As a suppository I can tell you they appear to work certainly after I took the advice of my pal when I was discussing how effective Asprin may well be and he said "stick your Asprin up your arse".  I did and so far it is working 😂

What swear words did your dad use? 😂

Just now, Bob20 said:

Very many but had to be out of earshot of my Mum or all hell and damnation would have been let loose on him 🤣

30 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I always remember a girl I knew who never swore. When she was annoyed she would say, "Oh, flipperty stick." No idea where that originated.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I always remember a girl I knew who never swore. When she was annoyed she would say, "Oh, flipperty stick." No idea where that originated.

Guess like so many of these things it was possibly a very local thing. For instance my Grandmother to express surprise would often say "strike a light", never heard that said anywhere else in the same context

15 hours ago, Faraday said:

Not wishing to post about Donald, but please, remind yourself what he said, before denigrating Thai people.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52407177

The thing is that he said it but how many people are doing it? These village idiots have invented their hand sanitizer sauce all on their own and are also eating it.

I'm only commenting based on my observation. My condo is filled with paranoid freaks who refuse to ride the lift with me and are walking around the condo yard in 50-meter-long circles with their heads wrapped deep inside diapers. They are absolutely insane.

Edited by THETRUTH
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, gummy said:

Guess like so many of these things it was possibly a very local thing. For instance my Grandmother to express surprise would often say "strike a light", never heard that said anywhere else in the same context

My dad used to say that. He was a Brummie.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Mine used to say:

"F**k my old boots"

Out of earshot of my mother, of course.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, gummy said:

Really, well well East Coast me, Suffolk

Lived in Felixstowe around 60 years, lovely memories of going paddling in the bitterly cold north sea, then hurriedly getting changed in the beach hut, then eating mums cheese sandwiches....with some sweet tea from a flask.

Wow, that took me back...

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, gummy said:
2 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Sorry about the sidetrack mods.
Perhaps it's something from the war years? My dad was already an old codger when I was born.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, gummy said:
4 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

I just remembered this. (You need to read both lines below out loud in a Brummie accent):

What's the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
You can't wash your hands in a buffalo.

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Brummie

"Brummay ....oy kwoyt loik it"

As well all should know - well, Britishers do, that Ozzy Osbourne was from there. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Faraday said:

As well all should know - well, Britishers do, that Ozzy Osbourne was from there. 

So was Neville Chamberlain and looked how he worked out for the country. At least Ozzy was good at his job.

55 minutes ago, Faraday said:

I used to walk past Ozzy Osbourne's house twice day, going to and from school in Aston. He wasn't even famous then and I didn't know him, or where he lived. I found that out years later.
I have no Brummie accent as I escaped to Leicester when I was fifteen. I had to learn to say, "Ay up m'duck", "Up tarn Sat-di to get sum traaziz", "Mardy bum".
Oh, and we couldn't buy 'cobs' any more, we had to have 'baps' or 'rolls'.
It's only forty miles from Birmingham to Leicester, but it was another bloody language.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gummy said:

So was Neville Chamberlain and looked how he worked out for the country. At least Ozzy was good at his job.

His father was Mayor of Birmingham. A piece of useless information I remembered there.

8 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

And my dad used to make peynt and pattee that the brummies used to seal their windows with . . . top that!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

And my dad used to make peynt and pattee that the brummies used to seal their windows with . . . top that!

I didn't know seals had windows
Seal.jpg.69fd465b8e67b2f6628a7d87616abecc.jpg

36 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I didn't know seals had windows
Seal.jpg.69fd465b8e67b2f6628a7d87616abecc.jpg

Ok, it is getting late . . . you'll do better tomorrou!

Edited by King Cotton
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Ok, it is getting late . . . you'll do better tomorrou!

I've just realised, they do:
Win11.jpg.ed15fc349aefa49c6d7c6de0f8ed8c0a.jpg
Is that better?

• Haha 2