News Forum - Don’t spray ethyl alcohol on your food, warns FDA

Thaiger

Thailand’s FDA is cautioning people against spraying ethyl alcohol onto their food, under the misguided belief that this will get rid of Covid. While used in the making of sanitiser gel and other products, ethyl alcohol is not supposed to be eaten. The TFDA says there are different grades of alcohol, such as food-grade alcohol, which can be used, in tiny amounts, for cooking. Ornsurang Teerawat, who works as a food standards expert at the FDA, says food-grade alcohol needs to meet standards set by the joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives. Ornsurang went on to say that the […]

The post Don’t spray ethyl alcohol on your food, warns FDA appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

2 minutes ago, PatrickSatoLee said:

people are losing their common senses to Covid ? 

Unfortunately Thai people are like this in every sense. It is not about covid.

The FDA should tell them that there's a difference between hand sanitizer and "food-grade alcohol" i.e. vodka. In Europe we learn such things already in primary school.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

53 minutes ago, Mike said:

Isn’t this common sense?

Waiting for the warning labels to be placed on the sides of the bottles just like the warning on the side of a Hot cup of Coffee.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Flawhaha.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F04%2FMore-hot-coffee-warnings.jpeg&f=1&nofb=1

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

FDA is cautioning people against spraying ethyl alcohol onto their food, under the misguided belief that this will get rid of Covid.

but it will get the noodle's p*ssed .. 

I always stay away from places with drunken noodles on the menu as they sound like trouble .. 

IMG_20210824_085955.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

People are afraid of Covid because it can be fatal. In the meanwhile they do dumb shit that also can harm. 

Btw, what special kind of person does this? You don't need to go to school to get knowledge about this. It's common sense... 

4 hours ago, THETRUTH said:

Unfortunately Thai people are like this in every sense. It is not about covid.

The FDA should tell them that there's a difference between hand sanitizer and "food-grade alcohol" i.e. vodka. In Europe we learn such things already in primary school.

There's also something that's called 'cooking'. It comes in very handy when you want to kill bacteria, germs etc. And it makes the food also more delicious. 

1 hour ago, DiJoDavO said:

People are afraid of Covid because it can be fatal. In the meanwhile they do dumb shit that also can harm. 

Btw, what special kind of person does this? You don't need to go to school to get knowledge about this. It's common sense... 

Yeah driving on a motorbike without helmet can also be fatal, but they do not care.. common sense?

1 hour ago, Dedinbed said:

but it will get the noodle's p*ssed .. 

I always stay away from places with drunken noodles on the menu as they sound like trouble .. 

IMG_20210824_085955.jpg

So, what's the difference between ethyl alcohol and tomato sauce laced with Lao Khow.

Not that I use it. Just saying.

• Haha 2

Thais are still going around and spraying down everything with some kind of cleaner or solvent....never mind that nearly a year ago it was proven that you had a 1/10000 chance of getting covid from a surface transmission. Madness.

2 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

So, what's the difference between ethyl alcohol and tomato sauce laced with Lao Khow.

Not that I use it. Just saying.

Less tax on the ethyl alcohol?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DiJoDavO said:

Lao Khow goes into everything up here by the Mekong.

I know someone who dowses his dried mushrooms with Lao Khow. Never had a day's illness; well since he was little.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

Lao Khow goes into everything up here by the Mekong.

I know someone who dowses his dried mushrooms with Lao Khow. Never had a day's illness; well since he was little.

Never been sober either!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My mate named his boys Ethanol and Methanol .. 

They're the chemical brothers .. 

I got some more corny jokes about ethanol if you're " still " interested .. 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

My mate named his boys Ethanol and Methanol .. 

They're the chemical brothers .. 

I got some more corny jokes about ethanol if you're " still " interested .. 

I bet they're not very 'original' but you'll probably 'wine' about it.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I bet they're not very 'original' but you'll probably 'wine' about it.

Are you brandy'ing me a wine 'oh for the Sake of it .. my spirit is sufficiently fortified not to require a buckfast breakfast thank you .. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Are you brandy'ing me a wine 'oh for the Sake of it .. my spirit is sufficiently fortified not to require a buckfast breakfast thank you .. 

I never suggested you were too sloe for this, you might stay in the pink though.

That breakfast lot are just after a fastbuck

• Like 1
  • Haha 1