News Forum - Indonesia’s former social affairs minister gets 12 year prison bid

Thaiger

Juliari Batubara, Indonesia’s former social affairs minister, has been handed a 12 year prison term due to a multi-million dollar Covid graft scandal. The Jakarta Corruption Court made its ruling today. An unnamed judge says Juliari was “convincingly guilty of corruption” following Juliari’s acceptance of 32.4 billion rupiahs in payoffs related to the obtainment of goods meant for Covid social assistance packages. The JCC found that Juliari had inserted himself in the tender process. And, on top of the prison term, they gave him a 500 million rupiah fine. Juliari also has to reimburse the 14.5 billion rupiahs in embezzled […]

The post Indonesia’s former social affairs minister gets 12 year prison bid appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

16 minutes ago, Inlandchris said:

Wish there was corruption court here, it might Thailand a rich nation if all extra funds diverted to the general fund.

Was that a pun  "extra funds diverted to the general fund" Apart from one other major benefactor here mostly huge cuts and kick backs are indeed diverted to the general fund already, or more correctly the general's funds.

What's a Ministry of Social Affairs?   

Another layer of unnecessary govt/bureaucracy? 

It's all about the people and their fair well being.

Sure it is.

2 hours ago, Rain said:

What's a Ministry of Social Affairs?   

Another layer of unnecessary govt/bureaucracy? 

It's all about the people and their fair well being.

Sure it is.

Shhh!  Otherwise Prayuth will be fancying one and proclaim "Look folks . . . I've come up with a new, super-caring ministry and I've called it the MOSA. How about that, eh? . . . and some of you think I don't actually work eight days a week."

14 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Just a Jack Arthurism . . . that's all!

I swear he's new to the job, does he get paid for constantly misleading people ?

• Haha 1