News Forum - GMT | Bars disrupted, PM challenged to a fist fight, Covid numbers | August 23

Thaiger

Today Jay and Tim are joined by Mike Kenner to discuss the major disruption to Thailand’s bar scene… but this time it’s technology, not Covid. MP Mongkolkit Suksintharanon has challenged PM Prayut Chon-o-cha to a bare-knuckled kickboxing match. 5 of the people arrested in a Koh Samui villa raid had previously had Covid-19. Now another 2 in the party have tested positive. Last week Chiang Mai reported that, due to the Covid-19 situation and slow vaccination, they will delay their planned September reopening to October at the earliest. Now Pattaya has also acknowledged that their plan for reopening on September […]

The post GMT | Bars disrupted, PM challenged to a fist fight, Covid numbers | August 23 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

11 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Today Jay and Tim are joined by Mike Kenner to discuss the major disruption to Thailand’s bar scene… but this time it’s technology, not Covid. MP Mongkolkit Suksintharanon has challenged PM Prayut Chon-o-cha to a bare-knuckled kickboxing match. 5 of the people arrested in a Koh Samui villa raid had previously had Covid-19. Now another 2 in the party have tested positive. Last week Chiang Mai reported that, due to the Covid-19 situation and slow vaccination, they will delay their planned September reopening to October at the earliest. Now Pattaya has also acknowledged that their plan for reopening on September […]

The post GMT | Bars disrupted, PM challenged to a fist fight, Covid numbers | August 23 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Looks like all of the Police in the raiding party are now out of commission and having to be tested as well as being quarantined.  You can not keep stupid people from doing stupid things as they believe that their rights trump others and many could care less as they believe they can never be impacted by Covid, and if they are they think it is just the same as the Flu.....Ok rant over and sarcasm laced post completed.

• Cool 2

3 minutes ago, Ronaldus said:

Do you really think that the numbers go down because of the lockdowns. Please people don't be stupid. Covid is here to stay 

Covid is here to stay the same as the flu or dengue fever or cancer is.

Learn to live with it and take your life back.

• Cool 1

I am going to make my last comments here at the Thaiger as I can see that this is  not a company with integrity. Please let me explain, I have asked and so have others for Daily Phuket  Covid infections. The Thaiger is downplaying the increase of local infections that are now about 125 a day. I like MANY Others in Phuket do not have a vaccine. I fell in the cracks of Thailand requirements.  AGE and Foreigners and Oh Yes foreign Workers, It's Discrimination. Yet my country Donates 2.5 million doses and oh lets give 700,000 to people that already have 2 doses. 

Tim's decision of No News of the sandbox because it goes against the GREED of Tourism which his business is effected as well. He once stood up against Immigration for poor rules over Visas but Now that he got his shots and his business is going again. SHHHHH don't tell anyone that there are so many cases and they have changed the Sandbox criteria from 5 items to bed space for the sick.  Hmmm take over any hotel that is closed like they did with the Ramada in Patong and Boom that is solved just keep adding beds.

LOOSERS !! all TAT and fake so called news like Thaiger.  Thank goodness Phuket News cares about Locals and not their pockets $$  Bye Thaiger

5 minutes ago, LemonMG said:

I am going to make my last comments here at the Thaiger as I can see that this is  not a company with integrity. Please let me explain, I have asked and so have others for Daily Phuket  Covid infections. The Thaiger is downplaying the increase of local infections that are now about 125 a day. I like MANY Others in Phuket do not have a vaccine. I fell in the cracks of Thailand requirements.  AGE and Foreigners and Oh Yes foreign Workers, It's Discrimination. Yet my country Donates 2.5 million doses and oh lets give 700,000 to people that already have 2 doses. 

Tim's decision of No News of the sandbox because it goes against the GREED of Tourism which his business is effected as well. He once stood up against Immigration for poor rules over Visas but Now that he got his shots and his business is going again. SHHHHH don't tell anyone that there are so many cases and they have changed the Sandbox criteria from 5 items to bed space for the sick.  Hmmm take over any hotel that is closed like they did with the Ramada in Patong and Boom that is solved just keep adding beds.

LOOSERS !! all TAT and fake so called news like Thaiger.  Thank goodness Phuket News cares about Locals and not their pockets $$  Bye Thaiger

Quite easy to get a shot in Phuket.  Register on phuket.win, get an appointment.  You don't need to be a certain age.

If you don't get an appointment within a day or two, start calling them to ask why.  Or head to the hospital and ask them to help.

You do need to put a little bit of effort in, but it's not impossible.

• Cool 1

16 hours ago, Ronaldus said:

Do you really think that the numbers go down because of the lockdowns. Please people don't be stupid. Covid is here to stay 

Yes they do go down because of lockdown and once lockdown is eased they go back up again. As you say, Covid is here to stay for probably the next 100 years or more. However, lockdowns (proper ones, not the half-arsed things done in some places) do reduce case numbers and hence loading on health services. That’s one of the mains reasons for employing such drastic measures 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Yes they do go down because of lockdown and once lockdown is eased they go back up again. As you say, Covid is here to stay for probably the next 100 years or more. However, lockdowns (proper ones, not the half-arsed things done in some places) do reduce case numbers and hence loading on health services. That’s one of the mains reasons for employing such drastic measures 

The goal has always been to prevent the hospitals from being overwhelmed. Oh, yeah, that, and to put the 5G nanobots from George Soros in your bloodstream so that Bill Gates can send all the data to Tim Apple. I always forget that part.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ronaldus said:

Don't have to live in isolation - just be smart as to how to get on with life.

21 minutes ago, JamesE said:

The goal has always been to prevent the hospitals from being overwhelmed. Oh, yeah, that, and to put the 5G nanobots from George Soros in your bloodstream so that Bill Gates can send all the data to Tim Apple. I always forget that part.

Correct as far as the hospital part of your  post. Maybe the rest also 😉.

It surprises me that people think lockdowns are aimed at ridding the world of Covid. That was never the aim or intention of lockdowns. So when the numbers don't go to zero, or they rise again when lockdown is eased, people say they don’t work. Only aims were to keep healthcare from being overloaded and buying time to manufacture vaccines. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Soidog said:

buying time to manufacture vaccines

Which helps keep healthcare from being overwhelmed.

This narrative existed, briefly. But then the "defeat COVID" and "live with COVID" poles took primacy and sucked all the air out of the room.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Correct as far as the hospital part of your  post. Maybe the rest also 😉.

It surprises me that people think lockdowns are aimed at ridding the world of Covid. That was never the aim or intention of lockdowns. So when the numbers don't go to zero, or they rise again when lockdown is eased, people say they don’t work. Only aims were to keep healthcare from being overloaded and buying time to manufacture vaccines. 

Most are so easy to comply.

Arises from that dumbed down gene.

The fistfight challenge is a beautiful thing. Prayuth claims to be so tough and so strong. Yet, he would never consider this, as he knows nearly anyone can take him down. It is all fabricated fiction. And he fears reality. 

But, it is beautiful theater, and any of his loyalists who claim it is disrespectful are a disgrace. 

How about abandoning the need for him to surrender his precious and extremely lucrative premiership, and just doing it for fun and sport? The nation needs some entertainment right now and this could raise alot of money for the hunger tiny Prayuth has created. 

Edited by dmacarelli
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, shanghailoz said:

Quite easy to get a shot in Phuket.  Register on phuket.win, get an appointment.  You don't need to be a certain age.

If you don't get an appointment within a day or two, start calling them to ask why.  Or head to the hospital and ask them to help.

You do need to put a little bit of effort in, but it's not impossible.

Are you sure? Because in Pattaya or Bangkok you have to be 60 or in a certain group and as I could read he isnt in that groups. But maybe in Phucket they have different regulations but anyway I wondering you are writing it is easy in Phuket that makes the rest of the country wondering who cannot get a jab or have to drive far mostly to Bangkok what is quite uncomfortable for many because it is a dark red zone and travel restrictions in Thailand at the moment. 

4 hours ago, Stardust said:

Are you sure? Because in Pattaya or Bangkok you have to be 60 or in a certain group and as I could read he isnt in that groups. But maybe in Phucket they have different regulations but anyway I wondering you are writing it is easy in Phuket that makes the rest of the country wondering who cannot get a jab or have to drive far mostly to Bangkok what is quite uncomfortable for many because it is a dark red zone and travel restrictions in Thailand at the moment. 

Yes, I'm quite sure.
I have friends who have gotten the shot in Phuket, some on tourist visa's, so its not that hard to do, they are under 60.

I could have done mine in Phuket, but I already had the first shot in Bangkok by that time, and they couldn't move it over.

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, shanghailoz said:

Yes, I'm quite sure.
I have friends who have gotten the shot in Phuket, some on tourist visa's, so its not that hard to do, they are under 60.

I could have done mine in Phuket, but I already had the first shot in Bangkok by that time, and they couldn't move it over.

But under 60 is only in Phuket I guess not in Bangkok or Pattaya because I heard about the first time and they anounced there you have to be 60 or in certain groups (chronical diseeases, cancer etc.) to be able to register. 

31 minutes ago, Stardust said:

But under 60 is only in Phuket I guess not in Bangkok or Pattaya because I heard about the first time and they anounced there you have to be 60 or in certain groups (chronical diseeases, cancer etc.) to be able to register. 

Bangkok most definitely too.  

I'm on a tourist visa, (well) under 60, and no chronic diseases.  Have had both my shots now.

• Thanks 1

I also helped a bunch of people register and get shot in the WeChat group I'm in for traveling back to China from Thailand, so definitely not just a one off.

Several people including myself were successful in Bangkok.
Other parts of the country are still being rolled out, but if you check the forums here, you'll see others have been shot/vaccinated.  You may need to re-register or go to hospitals and ask, but it is happening, and they are vaccinating people.

Some shots of my own vaccination proof. (Yellow travel document, MOPH website, and the vaccine paper from the hospital)

WechatIMG164.thumb.jpeg.a252dbd9c8b4573d184f3f0c6388f059.jpeg

WechatIMG159.thumb.jpeg.b9f2d7ab1525875a7ee5c09f63d05942.jpeg

image.thumb.png.07a997cce8d101782eaba48e906c79f4.png

3 minutes ago, shanghailoz said:

Bangkok most definitely too.  

I'm on a tourist visa, (well) under 60, and no chronic diseases.  Have had both my shots now.

Ok, then they made confusion again with wrong anouncements for the registrations. Thanks for the info

1 minute ago, Stardust said:

Ok, then they made confusion again with wrong anouncements for the registrations. Thanks for the info

That they definitely did.

There were a few rounds of only sick people, no we'll do everyone, no, only over 60's, no we'll do everyone, etc etc.

There are quite a few different ways to register for a vaccine now - at specific hospitals (usually via a google signup link), or via the region specific websites, or the intervac site (which handles a few regions), or via the getting off your behind and going to ask at the local hospitals method (which also works well :) )

YMMV (your mileage may vary) which is the best method to use.  Best to make an effort though, as it is doable.

• Like 1