News Forum - Police arrest 35 protesters after clash at Bangkok’s Din Daeng intersection

Thaiger

2 minutes ago, Stardust said:

There are many groups who are making peaceful protests but I guess many lost the overview because there are 5 or sometimes more groups protesting and even former pdrc groups. But the UDD and Thalufah were pecefull as we could see. And there also different Universities who have groups so there is a wide field of different opposition groups and with diffrent views and opinions. Then you have the progressive mostly young generation from the moveforward and the Pheu Thai groups. So it is a little bit more complex and some commentators  put all in one and that gives the people or outsiders a complete wrong picture of the situation and also the groups doesn't want that and they are not from one party or ideoligy or opininion.

35 minutes ago, gummy said:

Remind me , when the Berlin wall was breached by hundreds of thousands of unarmed civilians, opposed by armed East Berlin guards what happened ?

Are you referring to the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989? 

2 hours ago, Stardust said:

First of all Bangkokians and residents have their own eyes and filming and seeing what happening. Residents got also bombardet with teargas canisters or rubber bullets from snipers and complaint on a daily basis. 

2. The Thalufah protest was peaceful at the un so there was no violence! But the incidents are not from there and there were no bombs or similar. You refer to the clashes in ding daeng with Thalugaz groups

3. The Thais have a complete different opinion than you on the actual situation and who is responsible and already want legal actions and consequences of what they experience and seeing on a daily basis. And the residents also wanna drive home without get attacked by rubberbullets or at their homes. If you would live there or if you would talk with the residents or Bangkokians you could have a better understanding what is going on and what they think.

I think this is exactly why I see things different, I have no bias, meanwhile lots of Bangkokians do. I am a third party without any emotional attachment to the situation. 

I have 0 foreigner friends, only friends from Thailand here and a lot of them do not like the PM, but when I ask why, a lot of the reasoning has to do with them blaming the PM for their situation. They describe Canada, where I'm from, as some fairytale promise land, so they're comparing their situation with what they think happens in other countries.

Most of the people I talk to that aren't happy with the PM are younger or those who don't work and expect the government to give them hand-outs. Most of the complaints are usually "Why don't I get this?" or "Why don't I get that?" or "I want this" but they don't actually seek the answers and just blame it on the PM. 

This is just what I hear, but I have no opinion on whether the current PM is good or bad. I also have no opinion on protests, if people want to protest, so be it. This isn't protesting, it's rioting. If you want to throw bombs at police or associate yourself with those who do, you're a criminal and I don't see the issue with police detaining and arresting criminals. 

The exact same thing happens in USA and Canada just google riots in USA and Canada, rubber bullets, tear gas, detaining and arresting rioters and rioters aren't throwing bombs there.

• Cool 1

13 hours ago, dj230 said:

I think this is exactly why I see things different, I have no bias, meanwhile lots of Bangkokians do. I am a third party without any emotional attachment to the situation. 

I have 0 foreigner friends, only friends from Thailand here and a lot of them do not like the PM, but when I ask why, a lot of the reasoning has to do with them blaming the PM for their situation. They describe Canada, where I'm from, as some fairytale promise land, so they're comparing their situation with what they think happens in other countries.

Most of the people I talk to that aren't happy with the PM are younger or those who don't work and expect the government to give them hand-outs. Most of the complaints are usually "Why don't I get this?" or "Why don't I get that?" or "I want this" but they don't actually seek the answers and just blame it on the PM. 

This is just what I hear, but I have no opinion on whether the current PM is good or bad. I also have no opinion on protests, if people want to protest, so be it. This isn't protesting, it's rioting. If you want to throw bombs at police or associate yourself with those who do, you're a criminal and I don't see the issue with police detaining and arresting criminals. 

The exact same thing happens in USA and Canada just google riots in USA and Canada, rubber bullets, tear gas, detaining and arresting rioters and rioters aren't throwing bombs there.

You really dont know Thailand and the situation, I guess you are not living here and you not have a Thai family. So i I really wondering why you comment here, because it is clear you doesnt know anything about life here at the moment or the situation!

14 hours ago, dj230 said:

First of all there are protests in different areas and different groups. You have no clue about the situation and dont even know the different areas and protest sides but you think you can judge them all! The clashes are in the ding daeng area and were not at the Thalufah protests there were no bombs or riots but you judge them and tell they are criminals. Please keep your ignorance by yourself and dont judge when you dont know anything about it and especially you if you not even know anything about the different groups. Nothing you wrote is true because these groups say clearly they are not involved in that violence or that they belong to them. Or do you say if one car driver kill a person in an accident all car drivers are killer and criminals? Dont point the finger to people and call the criminals you have zero informations about because then you are the bad guy! I told you already before there are different protest sides and the one with riots was at ding daeng from the Thalugaz group but you were not interested to read or understand the difference, that shows your ignorance and your judgement is worthless because you are not interested in what happen but thinking you can judge on it.

Let's not forget the Khmer mercenary agent provocateurs employed by that man in the sand to stir violence during the pre-coup riots.  They used guns and grenades at protests and some (if not all) were caught and IIRC killed by Rangers trying to escape across the Cambodia border.  IIRC there was one or more Thai Rangers killed or wounded.

22 minutes ago, Stardust said:

First of all there are protests in different areas and different groups. You have no clue about the situation and dont even know the different areas and protest sides but you think you can judge them all! The clashes are in the ding daeng area and were not at the Thalufah protests there were no bombs or riots but you judge them and tell they are criminals. Please keep your ignorance by yourself and dont judge when you dont know anything about it and especially you if you not even know anything about the different groups. Nothing you wrote is true because these groups say clearly they are not involved in that violence or that they belong to them. Or do you say if one car driver kill a person in an accident all car drivers are killer and criminals? Dont point the finger to people and call the criminals you have zero informations about because then you are the bad guy! I told you already before there are different protest sides and the one with riots was at ding daeng from the Thalugaz group but you were not interested to read or understand the difference, that shows your ignorance and your judgement is worthless because you are not interested in what happen but thinking you can judge on it.

Your posts are the most ignorant of any that I see.

You do nothing but denigrate other posters who take a different view and claim them to be ignorant and inferior to you.

The arrogance of a fool of who makes no valid contribution to a discussion.

Next member, including but not limited to 9s or Stardust, who goes off-topic and becomes abusive or discusses what may or may not constitute an insult will go on holiday. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stardust said:

If it's an accident, of course not, but if it was premeditated, anyone involved will also be guilty of the crime, even if they were not the driver. At least that's how it is in Canada and USA. 

One has to keep in mind the Police are also from Thailand, in this case, most likely Bangkok (im assuming). So in my opinion, from a third party view, I don't believe in rioters throwing bombs at Police even if they don't like the government. 

Edited by dj230
  • Cool 1