News Forum - Thailand to start offering booster doses, vaccinating children from next year

Thaiger

The Public Health Ministry says that from next year, Thailand will begin offering booster doses to fully vaccinated people, as well as vaccinating children. According to a Nation Thailand report, Dr Opas Karnkawinpong from the Department of Disease Control says research shows that the immunity granted by 2 doses of vaccine, regardless of the type, will decline over time. For this reason, a third, or booster shot, will be necessary. Opas says AstraZeneca has already agreed to increase the number of doses supplied to Thailand from next month. The kingdom currently receives between 5 and 6 million doses a month […]

The post Thailand to start offering booster doses, vaccinating children from next year appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well booster doses to fully vaccinated people next year ? Another pie in the sky dream as I suspect there will still be a very large proportion whom by then will still not have received one dose based on their record to date.  But wait, of course those booster doses will be solely for the government, their supporters and certain others whom ensure this farce of a government remains in office. Although to read it literally it did say "from next year" . So that is not during next year but after so 2023 it is then

33 minutes ago, gummy said:

Well booster doses to fully vaccinated people next year ? Another pie in the sky dream as I suspect there will still be a very large proportion whom by then will still not have received one dose based on their record to date.  But wait, of course those booster doses will be solely for the government, their supporters and certain others whom ensure this farce of a government remains in office. Although to read it literally it did say "from next year" . So that is not during next year but after so 2023 it is then

Maybe they can offer free unvaccinated entry to the country too and then offer vaccines to tourists to attract a dozen more?

And while they wait for their second shot, they can freely move around in a HazMat suit 🤭

• Haha 1

Hm, it's it logical to vaccinate most people in the country first before using vaccine on those who already immunized? No? sorry...

• Like 3

This is ground work for when the leaders get their boosters. Some studies show efficacy declining in both Pfizer and AZ to around 75% after 4 or 5 months. I can’t recall when the PM got his second jab, but it must be around 4 months ago. Time to up the protection and let him show he is leading by example by getting his booster shot. Coming to a village in Nakhon Nowhere soon (not)! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Boosters while some people have been registered since May and haven't got anything yet.... 

I really wonder about their system. Some foreigners already got the vaccine, while they just signed up for it. Like the other day I looked on Richard Barrows page and it said that some new foreign teacher in his school got vaccinated directly. 

My school is doing everything (they say) to get me vaccinated but the people at the place where they vaccinate are being difficult. 

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Researchers are calling on the government to fund the vaccine’s development and relax regulations to ensure it can be rolled out ahead of next year’s Songkran holiday.

At the current rate of infections, we will have reached herd immunity by the end of the year,

What on earth is the point of funding this activity now?

PS: Evidence is emerging that natural immunity is far superior to that given by the vaccine, as its attacks all parts of the virus, not just the spike protein, Good luck trying to find anyone to fund this study, or to fund studies on treatments

Ask yourself why this is the case

Ahh!

The sweet smell of Bovine Excrement!

Would be a good move to fully vacinate the people with two shots of a credible vaccine first.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, gummy said:

We thought it couldn't become any more mismanaged and laden with rhetorical Thainess.

Guess we were wrong. 

20 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The Public Health Ministry says that from next year, Thailand will begin offering booster doses to fully vaccinated people, as well as vaccinating children. According to a Nation Thailand report, Dr Opas Karnkawinpong from the Department of Disease Control says research shows that the immunity granted by 2 doses of vaccine, regardless of the type, will decline over time. For this reason, a third, or booster shot, will be necessary. Opas says AstraZeneca has already agreed to increase the number of doses supplied to Thailand from next month. The kingdom currently receives between 5 and 6 million doses a month […]

The post Thailand to start offering booster doses, vaccinating children from next year appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Thailand has now 8.87% of fully vaccinated population. At the rate of immunization in Thailand, it could potentially achieve 70% of population being fully vaccinated by February 2022. This is also provided that vaccine is consistently available and the administration is keeping up with the vaccination. From the experience from many countries, most will miss the timeline.

I think it's barking up the wrong tree now and premature to talk about booster shots and to concentrate to achieve herd immunity of 70%-80% instead. That could be a better priority imho.

• Cool 1

20 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

Hm, it's it logical to vaccinate most people in the country first before using vaccine on those who already immunized? No? sorry...

The first people "fully immunized" with Sinovac would need boosters already before xmas... Recent study suggests that the protection from Sinovac degrades rapidly, number of antibodies halving every 40 days. But this is of course just a single study and I have no clue about the scientific standards in Thailand.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2147667/sinovac-produced-antibodies-halve-every-40-days

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, THETRUTH said:

The first people "fully immunized" with Sinovac would need boosters already before xmas... Recent study suggests that the protection from Sinovac degrades rapidly, number of antibodies halving every 40 days. But this is of course just a single study and I have no clue about the scientific standards in Thailand.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2147667/sinovac-produced-antibodies-halve-every-40-days

there are many studies, but most pay attention to antibodies level, however bone marrow plasma cells are the main trigger to fight viral infections and capable of producing antibodies against the virus - those levels remain much more stable. Just look at China, they only had Sinovac and did pretty good controlling pandemic. i said it so many times, vaccine only help body to develop correct response to infection, if your body cannot trigger response, you can get as many busters as you want and still die from the virus or any mutation of the original virus

• Cool 1