News Forum - Phuket tourism operators more hopeful after Sputnik approval

Thaiger

Phuket’s tourism operators are feeling slightly more confident about the last quarter of the year, following the approval of the Sputnik V vaccine. The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration has added the Russian vaccine to the list of vaccines that will be accepted when granting entry to foreign tourists arriving through the Phuket’s sandbox scheme. Thailand’s tourism sector has taken a hammering since the start of the pandemic and, with the country now battling its worst outbreak since the start of the pandemic, the situation remains gloomy. TTR Weekly reports that the kingdom welcomed just 40,447 international arrivals in the […]

The post Phuket tourism operators more hopeful after Sputnik approval appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

If you needed proof before that the acceptance of Sputnik V was all about tourism, well here it is. Probably doesn’t really matter since it’s also clear Phuket has give up pretending it cares about infection rates. 

• Like 4

any proof that sputnik vaccine protects against delta variant ???....russia has 800 new death every day so everybody  can figure for himself if sputnik works against delta or not ?

Edited by sputnik
  • Like 1
  • Cool 1

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Phuket’s tourism operators are feeling slightly more confident

Sounds like they are so confident that the Bars are now open and selling Alcohol. Fake News? Reported on Fab 103 FM YouTube broadcast this morning. Would love to see what Thaiger has to report on this, to disprove or prove it. Sounds like those remaining boys in brown turned a blind eye.  Must need a pre-opening for the arrival of the Russians.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Sputnik isn't new. We used to drink it 35 years ago. Mix full fat condensed milk with coca cola and some sugar and it fizzes to a cream with thick foam.

They just put it in vials now.

🤣

IMG_20210823_121650.jpg

• Haha 3

Problem not about how effective it's Sputnik V vaccine, problem will be different. In Russia easy to buy at dark market vaccine serficate. It's really huge amount of people who isn't be really vaccinated but have sertificate of vaccination. From my friends in Russia 7 people from 10 just buy fake sertificate and not been really vaccinated.... lets hope it's not be bring more virus causes to Thailand...but it's really make me scarry.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sputnik said:

any proof that sputnik vaccine protects against delta variant ???....russia has 800 new death every day so everybody  can figure for himself if sputnik works against delta or not ?

Question is not if the vaccin works against delta variant.
Question is if it works. Even the Russians are not vaccinated as they don't trust their own vaccin.

5 hours ago, sputnik said:

The Times of India reports that Sputnik V is approx. 83% effective vs the delta variant.

3 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

...only 20% of the population received two doses in Russia.

Which means there won't be as many able to travel to the Litterbox as the TAT would like to believe.

If the government really wants to save the tourism industry they should let European tourists with vaccine certificate enter the Phuket sandbox with no further restrictions and teste during the stay. Vaccinate the locals on Phuket with a working vaccine and not the Chinese "vaccine' that's as helpful against the Delta strain as an injection of water.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

Which means there won't be as many able to travel to the Litterbox as the TAT would like to believe.

Again, you underestimate the Russians.

Many of them are vaccinated for the trip.🙂

• Cool 1

6 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Sputnik isn't new. We used to drink it 35 years ago. Mix full fat condensed milk with coca cola and some sugar and it fizzes to a cream with thick foam.

🤣

IMG_20210823_121650.jpg

Now they put some mango and durian in, call it a smoothie and multiply the price by ten. 555

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LemonMG said:

LOOSERS !! all TAT and fake so called news like Thaiger.  Thank goodness Phuket News cares about Locals and not their pockets $$  Bye Thaiger

Actually, that's "losers", but don't let that chip on your shoulder knock you over sidewise on your way out the door.

And the numbers for Phuket are given every day, just like the numbers of all the other provinces after the CCSA makes it's daily report.

For example, today's report shows 124 new infections in Phuket.  No one is hiding these numbers, you just have to look in the proper place instead of getting your nose out of joint.  

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/monday-covid-update-17491-new-cases-provincial-totals

Edited by MrStretch
  • Like 1
  • Cool 1

3 minutes ago, LemonMG said:

I am going to make my last comments here at the Thaiger as I can see that this is  not a company with integrity. Please let me explain, I have asked and so have others for Daily Phuket  Covid infections. The Thaiger is downplaying the increase of local infections that are now about 125 a day. I like MANY Others in Phuket do not have a vaccine. I fell in the cracks of Thailand requirements.  AGE and Foreigners and Oh Yes foreign Workers, It's Discrimination. Yet my country Donates 2.5 million doses and oh lets give 700,000 to people that already have 2 doses. 

Tim's decision of No News of the sandbox because it goes against the GREED of Tourism which his business is effected as well. He once stood up against Immigration for poor rules over Visas but Now that he got his shots and his business is going again. SHHHHH don't tell anyone that there are so many cases and they have changed the Sandbox criteria from 5 items to bed space for the sick.  Hmmm take over any hotel that is closed like they did with the Ramada in Patong and Boom that is solved just keep adding beds.

LOOSERS !! all TAT and fake so called news like Thaiger.  Thank goodness Phuket News cares about Locals and not their pockets $$  Bye Thaiger

Oh poor thing. Your country donates a vaccine you think is ultimate  magic  but  nobody run to your feet and beg gratis?

2.5 million  and have how many more can give? Anywhere? Know? Care? Just you important?

• Cool 1

31 minutes ago, LemonMG said:

I am going to make my last comments here at the Thaiger as I can see that this is  not a company with integrity. Please let me explain, I have asked and so have others for Daily Phuket  Covid infections. The Thaiger is downplaying the increase of local infections that are now about 125 a day. I like MANY Others in Phuket do not have a vaccine. I fell in the cracks of Thailand requirements.  AGE and Foreigners and Oh Yes foreign Workers, It's Discrimination. Yet my country Donates 2.5 million doses and oh lets give 700,000 to people that already have 2 doses. 

Tim's decision of No News of the sandbox because it goes against the GREED of Tourism which his business is effected as well. He once stood up against Immigration for poor rules over Visas but Now that he got his shots and his business is going again. SHHHHH don't tell anyone that there are so many cases and they have changed the Sandbox criteria from 5 items to bed space for the sick.  Hmmm take over any hotel that is closed like they did with the Ramada in Patong and Boom that is solved just keep adding beds.

They were donated to Thailand, not to US citizens in Thailand. So, complain to the USA that they didn't ship a vaccine with your name on it.

And if you didn't qualify for age or urgency, you wait like the rest of us...

BTW, you read a newspaper to find out what's going on in the world.

If you really want to know more detail, you find the actual sources!

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

4 hours ago, Dicksoft said:

If the government really wants to save the tourism industry they should let European tourists with vaccine certificate enter the Phuket sandbox with no further restrictions and teste during the stay. Vaccinate the locals on Phuket with a working vaccine and not the Chinese "vaccine' that's as helpful against the Delta strain as an injection of water.

Valid comments on this your debut post . . . thanks for that!

Hello, Dicksoft and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

56 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

Oh poor thing. Your country donates a vaccine you think is ultimate  magic  but  nobody run to your feet and beg gratis?

2.5 million  and have how many more can give? Anywhere? Know? Care? Just you important?

A fair question.  Sorry I missed your debut post, over on the other topic but thanks for that!

Hello, RanongCat and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dicksoft said:

As is already shown and reported, in Europe as well as in Russia people easily acquire fake vaccine certificates. And even if they are genuine, they need PCR testing, as vaccination does not prevent you from carrying and transferring the virus.

And yes, the locals need to be vaccinated with a vaccine that works well. Problem is that there are not enough quality vaccines and that this takes time. 1st dose, wait 2-3 weeks, 2nd dose, wait 2-3 weeks until fully effective.

And then these tourists will want to leave Phuket and travel elsewhere into Thailand. So by then the country needs to be fully vaccinated.

And to the wishful thinkers and people pushing for opening the country quickly: Don't say that after the quarantine period these tourists and the Phuket locals are safe. Too many dodgers and individuals ignoring the rules. And too many thinking falsely that they are safe, because too many people don't have a correct understanding of the situation.

That's why these schemes don't work and the infection numbers are high and the ICU's in Phuket are more than half full with Covid patients, even though everything was promised to have been meticulously planned. Problem is: they have no clue!

That's the high price for a small net profit for a very small part of the community.

Edited by Bob20
small addition

12 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

As is already shown and reported, in Europe as well as in Russia people easily acquire fake vaccine certificates. And even if they are genuine, they need PCR testing, as vaccination does not prevent you from carrying and transferring the virus.

And yes, the locals need to be vaccinated with a vaccine that works well. Problem is that there are not enough quality vaccines and that this takes time. 1st dose, wait 2-3 weeks, 2nd dose, wait 2-3 weeks until fully effective.

And then these tourists will want to leave Phuket and travel elsewhere into Thailand. So by then the country needs to be fully vaccinated.

And to the wishful thinkers and people pushing for opening the country quickly: Don't say that after the quarantine period these tourists and the Phuket locals are safe. Too many dodgers and individuals ignoring the rules. And too many thinking falsely that they are safe, because too many people don't have a correct understanding of the situation.

That's why these schemes don't work and the infection numbers are high and the ICU's in Phuket are more than half full with Covid patients.

That's the high price for a small net profit for a very small part of the community.

How can you acquire a fake vaccine certificate in Europe?
Yes, it seems originaly there were fake PCR test certificates.
But now the EU and some neighbours like Switserland use the CovidSafe certificate. It is organised by each gouvernment and can be used everywhere? You have to download the App and with a QR code it shows the vaccins you got through the gouvernment. Your ID also shows in the QR code.

The only way to have fraude with this if the people in the vaccination center (organised by the gouvernment) put you as vaccinated in the system if you are not.
Went to a football game yesterday. Before entering a safe zone aroung the stadion I had to show that QR code and my ID card. Both were checked before I could enter.

11 hours ago, Bob20 said:

🤣

IMG_20210823_121650.jpg

So.... An ice-cream float for the ice-cream hesitant?

3 minutes ago, Alavan said:

But now the EU and some neighbours like Switserland use the CovidSafe certificate. It is organised by each gouvernment and can be used everywhere? You have to download the App and with a QR code it shows the vaccins you got through the gouvernment. Your ID also shows in the QR code.

The only way to have fraude with this if the people in the vaccination center (organised by the gouvernment) put you as vaccinated in the system if you are not.
Went to a football game yesterday. Before entering a safe zone aroung the stadion I had to show that QR code and my ID card. Both were checked before I could enter.

How many do you want???

https://www.euronews.com/2021/07/08/fake-covid-vaccine-certificates-sold-on-dark-web-for-150

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fake-covid-vaccination-cards-are-on-the-rise-in-the-u-s-europe-11628341203

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/gadgets-news/these-countries-may-have-a-big-fake-vaccination-certificate-problem/articleshow/85237646.cms

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/forged-vaccination-passports-on-hot-demand-in-europe-us/

https://fortune.com/2021/08/07/fake-covid-vaccine-passports-black-market/

7 minutes ago, Alavan said:

Paper. It's so 90's.