News Forum - 2 Samui partygoers have Covid-19, raiding police quarantine

Thaiger

Following the raid and breakup of a party at a luxury villa in Koh Samui 2 nights ago, it was revealed that 5 of the people in attendance at the party had previously had Covid-19, likely from the Black Bamboo Club cluster resulting from another illegal party. Now at least 2 of the party attendees have tested positive for Covid-19, causing a wave of quarantines and isolation. After 2 of the 24 people (11 foreigners and 13 Thais) were diagnosed with Covid-19 infections, the officers that took part in the raid had to be put into quarantine, as well as […]

The post 2 Samui partygoers have Covid-19, raiding police quarantine appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

20 minutes ago, Greeneyes said:

A year in the Bangkok Hilton and and then deport them.... Simple. 

And while your at it confiscate their assets. 

I'd assume they'd need to watch their 'ass'ets in the Bangkok Hilton.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Greeneyes said:

Why waste the effort and expense.

The more reasonable and permanent solution would be to have them disappear.

11 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

The taxpayer . . . who else?

The partygoers will be paying. There will be a lot of 'on the spot fines' for those who attended 🙄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Greeneyes said:

And while your at it confiscate their assets. 

If we do as you say, what the difference between us and North Korea.

Are you really supporting a police state?

Do you believe in human rights at?

Please try to have some humanity

21 minutes ago, DWiener said:

The partygoers will be paying. There will be a lot of 'on the spot fines' for those who attended 🙄

haven't heard of any significant fines imposed on any law breaking individuals. so far they are treated for free and getting free rapid tests.

• Angry 1

"The party raid involved 6 different agencies and more than 50 officials from the local Bophut Police, Tourist Police, the district office, the public health district, and even an army unit."

wow. were all of these agencies on standby ready to swoop !

• Like 3

Don't Thai authorities know that you can still have covid if you are vaccinated?  Of course people are still going to get Covid once vaccinated.

A prominent Thai doctor just said  last week that everyone will eventually get Covid.  The Phuket and Samui sandboxes are for vaccinated people, so no need to worry, they will not cause anyone to be hospitalized as they are all vaccinated.  

51 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

"The party raid involved 6 different agencies and more than 50 officials from the local Bophut Police, Tourist Police, the district office, the public health district, and even an army unit."

More like it was a coordinated attempt to see how much money they could extort given the cost and luxury of the mansion that was raided, clearly a very wealthy owner

1 hour ago, Malc-Thai said:

Yes of course they were. They had nothing else to do, especially the tourist police!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AdamX said:

Maybe I've missed it, but despite any similarities I haven't noticed any mass demonstrations in N Korea.

3 hours ago, AdamX said:

Please to have some humanity

Please try to have some rationality.

12 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Maybe I've missed it, but despite any similarities I haven't noticed any mass demonstrations in N Korea.

That's because they follow the philosophy—which you seem to support— all laws, no matter how immoral or illegal from a human rights perspective, should be pursued and punished to the the max,

Ok, lets test your point of view

I believe that mass gatherings are banned in Thailand at the moment

Do you support mass incarcerations for Thai protestors—it is the law after all.

Can we not agree that sometimes the law is an ass and causes more harm than help?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

i remember from running a GoGo in Pattaya there were different five police groups 'offering' their 'services'.
Fortunately our mamasam managed to keep it down to two.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

25 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Humanity trumps rationality.

That's why we go back for fallen comrades,  give to charity or stand up for the weak.

4 hours ago, AdamX said:

Please try to have some humanity

The difference is in North Korea you get killed when you break the law and in other countries you get punished. 

Human rights don’t allow you to break the law and living in a foreign country is not a right. 

It’s mind boggling how people think rules and laws don’t apply to them.  

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, dj230 said:

The difference is in North Korea you get killed when you break the law and in other countries you get punished. 

Human rights don’t allow you to break the law and living in a foreign country is not a right. 

It’s mind boggling how people think rules and laws don’t apply to them.  

If I think that any laws and rules are unfair, I will break them if I can find a way round them, but I will never do anything to the detriment of ordinary people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AdamX said:

That's because they follow the philosophy—which you seem to support— all laws, no matter how immoral or illegal from a human rights perspective, should be pursued and punished to the the max,

I neither follow that philosophy, nor is it happening - even laws that I and many may not agree with, such as 112, are NOT "punished to the max " but are generally given the minimum sentence allowed under the law.

That isn't opinion but fact.

2 hours ago, AdamX said:

Do you support mass incarcerations for Thai protestors—it is the law after all.

It's not "the law", nor is it happening, so whether I support it or not is moot. "The law" bans protests, it doesn't impose "mass incarceration".

You're facts are simply wrong.

2 hours ago, AdamX said:

Can we not agree that sometimes the law is an ass and causes more harm than help

Sometimes it is, but so what?

That doesn't entitle you to ignore and break it, or to ignore those that aren't - you don't get to choose which laws you like in any country.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AdamX said:

Humanity trumps rationality.

That's why we go back for fallen comrades,  give to charity or stand up for the weak.

Humanity may well be why we "give to charity or stand up for the weak", but it has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with why "we go back for fallen comrades".

• Cool 1