News Forum - Covid-19 violating gathering of 23 students and teachers busted

Thaiger

If you have been following along, mark Nakhon Ratchasima down on your “Covid-19 restriction violating party” bingo card. Last night a group of students and teachers in the Muang district of Nakhon Ratchasima were caught gathering with an abundance of alcohol and a noticeable lack of Covid-19 safety measures. The bust is one of an increasing number of illegal parties being prosecuted by the police, following Friday’s raid of a Koh Samui villa that resulted in 2 Covid-19 infections, and another in Pattaya the night before that. 23 students and teachers were gathered in a house enjoying drinks without wearing […]

The post Covid-19 violating gathering of 23 students and teachers busted appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

21 minutes ago, TV7 said:

"Police got tipped off"... Just like in 1940 - 1945. Thailand and it's inhabitants are really losing their sense of reality...

Not quite that bad yet but no doubt those dinosaurs at the top wouldn't mind it getting like that to maintain their priviledged , corrupt and depraved life styles at any cost as they totally despise the normal Thais.

36 minutes ago, gummy said:

Not quite that bad yet but no doubt those dinosaurs at the top wouldn't mind it getting like that to maintain their priviledged , corrupt and depraved life styles at any cost as they totally despise the normal Thais.

Hence, the continuous rebellions.    

ok so we have all had enough of the restrictions over the last 18 months and we all want them to end sooner than later. I am sure we all agree on that.

These people that have the parties are in my opinion very selfish. nearly all of the parties that have been busted, by fair means or foul, have had people with covid in attendance. So these people for one night of rebellious fun, put others at risk and help to keep the restrictions for the rest of us in place longer.

My opinion is not politically based so please dont make your reply if any that way.

This is pure and simple a selfish act. i believe that punishments need to be enough to make these people think twice. Work in local hospitals ICU wards cleaning but without PPE. Yes i know it will never happen but it might make one or two of them think twice, well at least for a couple of seconds  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

31 minutes ago, Gill said:

Come down hard on them

It's not like it's a new rule .were not talking about 2 or 3 kids here.as for the professor .he should loose is job.

Irrational post, professor should loose his job indeed, what utter tripe. OK for HISOs and government ministers to break the law and not be penalised is it but not normal Thais ? Typical backward thinking in believing that some people are better than others

2 hours ago, gummy said:

Irrational post, professor should loose his job indeed, what utter tripe. OK for HISOs and government ministers to break the law and not be penalised is it but not normal Thais ? Typical backward thinking in believing that some people are better than others

For what it's worth, Thailand doesn't have a monopoly on HISOs having a different set of rules.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PompeyLlama said:

So these people for one night of rebellious fun, put others at risk and help to keep the restrictions for the rest of us in place longer.

I agree with your sentiments 100%, but actually it was several nights.

• Cool 1

5 hours ago, PompeyLlama said:

ok so we have all had enough of the restrictions over the last 18 months and we all want them to end sooner than later. I am sure we all agree on that.

These people that have the parties are in my opinion very selfish. nearly all of the parties that have been busted, by fair means or foul, have had people with covid in attendance. So these people for one night of rebellious fun, put others at risk and help to keep the restrictions for the rest of us in place longer.

My opinion is not politically based so please dont make your reply if any that way.

This is pure and simple a selfish act. i believe that punishments need to be enough to make these people think twice. Work in local hospitals ICU wards cleaning but without PPE. Yes i know it will never happen but it might make one or two of them think twice, well at least for a couple of seconds  

Unfortunately this is exactly why covid keeps spreading in the first place, some people just aren’t willing to listen, so lockdowns don’t work. 

I agree, punishments should be more severe 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

19 hours ago, dj230 said:

Unfortunately this is exactly why covid keeps spreading in the first place, some people just aren’t willing to listen, so lockdowns don’t work. 

I agree, punishments should be more severe 

I hear what you are saying but if you don't have lockdown or restrictions then there would be more parties and gatherings so more infections. 

Just look at countries that lifted restrictions too early and now their infection rates are on the rise again. 

My point is simple. No one wants to be locked away or be told what we can and can't do, but neither do we want us, friends or family to get the virus. 

So we need to take reasonable precautions to ensure that we and those we care about are less likely to get infected. At the same time generally reducing risk. These people having the parties or any gathering obviously don't care about anyone. 

I am not for or against masks. I am not for or against lockdown. I am not for or against the vaccine. I just don't want anyone I know getting this. Especially my wife who is a front line worker 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, PompeyLlama said:

I hear what you are saying but if you don't have lockdown or restrictions then there would be more parties and gatherings so more infections. 

Just look at countries that lifted restrictions too early and now their infection rates are on the rise again. 

My point is simple. No one wants to be locked away or be told what we can and can't do, but neither do we want us, friends or family to get the virus. 

So we need to take reasonable precautions to ensure that we and those we care about are less likely to get infected. At the same time generally reducing risk. These people having the parties or any gathering obviously don't care about anyone. 

I am not for or against masks. I am not for or against lockdown. I am not for or against the vaccine. I just don't want anyone I know getting this. Especially my wife who is a front line worker 

Unfortunately the simple truth is that the spread of a corona-virus cannot be stopped.

Masks have neglible effect and 2-meter asocial distancing is insufficient to have any effect.  Lock-downs do nothing and are only meant to slow the spread.  And vaccines only provide temporary protection by reducing the severity when you catch the virus.

The above was known from the very start of the pandemic, but ill-advised governments pushed by the public and the press 'to do something' have made abundant use of all these measures and to no avail. The Zero-Covid adepts have in mean time being confronted with the reality, admitted that such an approach  is unattainable. Sooner or later everybody will catch it (just like the common cold or the flu) .  But that sounds far worse than it actually is.  When you have a strong non-challenged immune system, are not obese/'diabetic and do not have any co-morbidities, you might not even notice that you have or had it, or otherwise suffer mild symptoms.  And of course you also have the proven covid-19 remedial protocols now consisting of effective remedies for both prevention as well as when having catched covid-19.

So the sensible approach is to make use of a focused protection approach, which means providing protection to the vulnerable at risk (e.g. by the vaccine and taking protective measures to shield them as much as possible from infection) and to promote a strong immune system in all others, e.g. by providing vit C, vit D3, zinc and other supplements for those who are deficient on those immune-system helpers. 

6 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Unfortunately the simple truth is that the spread of a corona-virus cannot be stopped.

Masks have neglible effect and 2-meter asocial distancing is insufficient to have any effect.  Lock-downs do nothing and are only meant to slow the spread.  And vaccines only provide temporary protection by reducing the severity when you catch the virus.

The above was known from the very start of the pandemic, but ill-advised governments pushed by the public and the press 'to do something' have made abundant use of all these measures and to no avail. The Zero-Covid adepts have in mean time being confronted with the reality, admitted that such an approach  is unattainable. Sooner or later everybody will catch it (just like the common cold or the flu) .  But that sounds far worse than it actually is.  When you have a strong non-challenged immune system, are not obese/'diabetic and do not have any co-morbidities, you might not even notice that you have or had it, or otherwise suffer mild symptoms.  And of course you also have the proven covid-19 remedial protocols now consisting of effective remedies for both prevention as well as when having catched covid-19.

So the sensible approach is to make use of a focused protection approach, which means providing protection to the vulnerable at risk (e.g. by the vaccine and taking protective measures to shield them as much as possible from infection) and to promote a strong immune system in all others, e.g. by providing vit C, vit D3, zinc and other supplements for those who are deficient on those immune-system helpers. 

Pretty simplistic concept.    BUT,   sounds reasonable to me .   Almost everything I have witnessed, and unfortunately made to "conform" to since the beginning of this "the sky is falling"  event called Big C ,

does not seem nearly as reasonable.  The most rabid vaxxers and lockdown, shakedown, closedown, mask up proponents are usually those with money to spare who can sit or work at home and order life to be sent by messengers to their door.   The perfect life for a small percentage . 

The promotion of" a strong immune system"   is about as evident in the education of the masses as a needle in a haystack.   That haystack is the total media/ advertising programming featuring the most unhealthy eating choices , false labeling (all natural, vit d fortified, healthy healthy blah blah) .  Just look at the shape of the humanoids walking ,   err,  sitting around . And every other commercial is for a drug to deal with the diseases and disorders affecting millions.... or is it billions ?

i do not particularly like this "new world order"      

• Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

On 8/23/2021 at 6:22 AM, JamesE said:

They're going to come down a lot harder on this group than the HiSo MFers from Ekkamai, Thonglor, Phuket, and Samui.

Who?    😄

13 minutes ago, ninja said:

Pretty simplistic concept.    BUT,   sounds reasonable to me .  

Thanks and yep, I tried to put it as simple as possible.  Each and every of the statements I made in that post deserves a separate thread (and actually has one or more already, simply use the TT search engine on masks, lock-downs, vaccines, covid-19).  

In order not to alienate myself from those who can see the reason in what I wrote, I deliberately did not address the issue of the vaccines actually exacerbating the health-crisis although that is the most pressing and worrying phenomenon at the moment. 

4 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Thank you, but to a degree you contradict yourself. 

As for the vitamins boosting your immune system? Many many independent scientific research results prove little to no improvement by taking these. Even doctors will tell you that they provide only a tiny boost and not enough to help with the flu let alone Covid-19. 

Again I say I am not for against the regulations I just want everyone I know and others from getting this virus 

23 students and teachers were gathered in a house enjoying drinks without wearing masks

Are there any ways to enjoy drinks with a mask then? 

Why do they always bust places like this, but not those police which were having a dinner in some restaurant the other day?

39 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

23 students and teachers were gathered in a house enjoying drinks without wearing masks

Are there any ways to enjoy drinks with a mask then? 

Why do they always bust places like this, but not those police which were having a dinner in some restaurant the other day?

They did get busted. Pretty hard to feign innocence when there are cameras in your face.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

They did get busted. Pretty hard to feign innocence when there are cameras in your face.

Yeah by random people with a phone. But I mean punished by police. 

• Cool 1

'The Rom Klao police chief admitted that the officers’ decision to dine in at the larb restaurant in direct violation of the law was inappropriate. He said he spoke with the restaurant owner about the incident and that the police officers involved had admitted to their actions'

Pending.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

'The Rom Klao police chief admitted that the officers’ decision to dine in at the larb restaurant in direct violation of the law was inappropriate. He said he spoke with the restaurant owner about the incident and that the police officers involved had admitted to their actions'

Pending.

Pending being swept under the rug, you mean

• Cool 1