News Forum - New Covid-19 team aims to correct bad information, not censor it.

Thaiger

A special media team the government created to try to tackle the epidemic of fake news regarding Covid-19 in Thailand has been met with suspicion they will serve a broader censorship role. The team denies the idea that the team will suppress free speech and dissent, claiming that their focus is on getting factual information disseminated about the public health crisis of Covid-19. In fact, this new team has no legal authority to suppress anyone who spreads fake news or distorts information to the public. They are responsible for addressing rumours and fake news, but not by suppressing it. Rather, […]

The post New Covid-19 team aims to correct bad information, not censor it. appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

15 minutes ago, gummy said:

Well of course everyone will believe them, won't they ?

Depends on how data is presented although it may be a step in the right direction ... maybe.

one of the new executive editors for the team, uses the bombardment of news about vaccines as a perfect example, explaining that Covid-19 data evolves, and understanding the updated information can confuse people and make them think they are being fooled or lied to.

• Haha 1

If they really were to do their job they would spend most of their time contradicting Emperor Prayut and his Knight of the Round Head Anutin.

They are the greatest purveyors of fake news regarding the pandemic and the government's handling of the crisis.

I think publishing knowing false information is wrong and I would imagine the government has every right to correct false information about a pandemic

16 minutes ago, TrangGreg said:

I think publishing knowing false information is wrong and I would imagine the government has every right to correct false information about a pandemic

That's true but when the government lack comprehension themselves between what is fact or fiction then quite how they can roll out a team to dispute it will remain a mystery.

9 minutes ago, gummy said:

That's true but when the government lack comprehension themselves between what is fact or fiction then quite how they can roll out a team to dispute it will remain a mystery.

Yep. That's much more reasonable. 

Government, and associated entities, are not your friends.

Perhaps this all seeing all knowing media team can give daily figures on the number of tests carried out in relation to the infections announced each day 

PSX_20210822_195559.jpg

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

13 hours ago, TrangGreg said:

All sides should be allowed to make their arguments and publish information.

People can make up their own minds.

Remember, freedom of speech is there for your enemies, not just your friends

• Cool 1

Living in Phuket I would expect specific data about Phuket.Makes no sense for me to know what's going on in Bangkok or elsewhere.

First and foremost I want to know how many people got sick in Phuket,who had already 1 or 2 Sinovac shots.

Secondly I would like to know how many people of this group have recovered and how many did need 

ICU  ????

Thaiger could do a better job in this respect.

I believe everybody wants to know what's going on in Phuket and get data and information which are not manipulated.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, mic said:

Living in Phuket I would expect specific data about Phuket.Makes no sense for me to know what's going on in Bangkok or elsewhere.

First and foremost I want to know how many people got sick in Phuket,who had already 1 or 2 Sinovac shots.

Secondly I would like to know how many people of this group have recovered and how many did need 

ICU  ????

Thaiger could do a better job in this respect.

I believe everybody wants to know what's going on in Phuket and get data and information which are not manipulated.

Fair questions which I believe may be answered, at least in part, by Admin staff member @Thaiger.

Try a PM there.

21 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

They have to work closely with the officials, cause that's where it's coming from 

I get the impression that it's not coming from officials, but out of someones thumb, seeing that most of what's published contains too few data and is completely insufficient to scientifically draw any conclusions from.

Edited by Bob20
Spelling