News Forum - Thalu Fah presents UN with letter requesting international support

Thaiger

The pro-democracy group “Thalu Fah”  delivered a letter requesting international support from the Office of the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific of the United Nations in Bangkok, yesterday. They then gathered outside the office for a couple of hours of protest. After delivering the letter to the United Nations, the group offered nearly 2 hours of silence while they displayed signs in English telling the world that Thalu Fah’s leaders are fighters and not criminals. The signs also demanded that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha resign. Songphon Sonthirak, the spokesperson for Thalu Fah spoke to the media. […]

The post Thalu Fah presents UN with letter requesting international support appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

displayed signs in English telling the world that Thalu Fah’s leaders are fighters and not criminals

looks like they are a bit confused who they really are... Calling themselves a "mob" one should understand the meaning of the word

Edited by AlexPTY
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The pro-democracy group “Thalu Fah”  delivered a letter requesting international support from the Office of the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific of the United Nations in Bangkok, yesterday. They then gathered outside the office for a couple of hours of protest. After delivering the letter to the United Nations, the group offered nearly 2 hours of silence while they displayed signs in English telling the world that Thalu Fah’s leaders are fighters and not criminals. The signs also demanded that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha resign. Songphon Sonthirak, the spokesperson for Thalu Fah spoke to the media. […]

The post Thalu Fah presents UN with letter requesting international support appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This generation is the future and their knowledge and mindset on a much higher level than this incompetent gang who is in charge at the moment. And this reminds me again on a t shirt I saw on a young guy with the writing " you mess with the wrong generation" and was adressed to the actual situation in Thailand.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

Keep on going. Needs to be more united all across Thailand. A million people gathering and march in Bangkok would be a start.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

The Thai government  should ask themselves a question.

How much face do you need to loose, before you have no face left to save?

It's not a good look.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Calling themselves a "mob" one should understand the meaning of the word

Maybe I need stronger specs, Alex . . . I didn't see a 'mob' reference. I know where you're coming from, though and agree that protesters, peaceful or aggressive, need to take care how they do things.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Keep on going. Needs to be more united all across Thailand. A million people gathering and march in Bangkok would be a start.

In no-Covid times but only on that proviso, that would be a telling public response.

24 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

In no-Covid times but only on that proviso, that would be a telling public response.

Hard call for sure. But then these people know they are also putting their life potentially on the line in a few ways more than one, but then again Covid is not going away soon, so what choice is there. Maybe at the beginning of next year if the you know who get serious and vaccinate everyone. For my kids I would prefer they take it easy until vaccinated, or we are all family vaccinated. But for here in CM is quite a bit different than BKK and easier to be safe.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Maybe I need stronger specs, Alex . . . I didn't see a 'mob' reference. I know where you're coming from, though and agree that protesters, peaceful or aggressive, need to take care how they do things.

It's on some of the signs in other reports, along with "fuck dictator shit" and similar appealing messages.

Probably not the ideal sort of messages for a peaceful protest at the UN.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stardust said:

This generation is the future and their knowledge and mindset on a much higher level than this incompetent gang who is in charge at the moment. And this reminds me again on a t shirt I saw on a young guy with the writing " you mess with the wrong generation" and was adressed to the actual situation in Thailand.

And some wiser folks might suggest that this fashionable newer generation aren't all that. 

1 hour ago, Rain said:

And some wiser folks might suggest that this fashionable newer generation aren't all that. 

Which wiser folk? The salim? The incompetent clowns who are in charge? As I worked for international companies I can assure you they would not get any  job there or can pass a interview. By the way most Thai people with a bit education think the same when they listen to them or watch their performance. And even in the countryside I heard a old woman in a restaurant saying that her buffalo has more brain. The worst performance of all goverments in the Thai history so it would be interesting which wise folks in Thailand say that. But one is sure this folks aren't wise and thats for sure. 

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, Rain said:

And some might not.

35 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Which wiser folk? The salim? The incompetent clowns who are in charge? As I worked for international companies I can assure you they would not get any  job there or can pass a interview. By the way most Thai people with a bit education think the same when they listen to them or watch their performance. And even in the countryside I heard a old woman in a restaurant saying that her buffalo has more brain. The worst performance of all goverments in the Thai history so it would be interesting which wise folks in Thailand say that. But one is sure this folks aren't wise and thats for sure. 

So....you're assuming that such wiser folks that I speak of come from the elite/establishment class? 

Wow. 

There are quite a number of independent thinkers around, aside from the clear black and white picture that you paint. You might want to explore outside of your realm. 

Edited by Rain

4 minutes ago, Rain said:

So....you're assuming that such wiser folks that I speak of come from the elite/establishment class? 

Wow. 

I am asking which wiser folk you mean? It can't be academics or any intelectual elite because I know what they think.

• Cool 1

Always makes me throw my eyeballs at the ceiling when some jumped up little foreigner says 'most Thais that I know......' What you mean eight, ten, be generous, fifteen? 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Always makes me throw my eyeballs at the ceiling when some jumped up little foreigner says 'most Thais that I know......' What you mean eight, ten, be generous, fifteen? 

Might be more pretentious to suggest that all Thais that I know blah blah blah...

Translated as: a shallow and limited exposure to a variety of Thai circles.