News Forum - Covid UPDATE Sunday: 233 deaths and over 20K released from state care

Thaiger

The Thai public health department has announced an additional 19,014 infections today along with another 233 Covid-related deaths. 20,672 patients have been released from state care, again exceeding the number of new cases over the past 24 hours. The published numbers extend a general trend over the past week which suggest the number of new cases across Thailand may have peaked. 196 of today’s cases were were from Thai prisons. • 24 people have been arrested in Koh Samui after police raided a party over violations of the emergency decree and current restrictions. 13 Thais and 11 foreigners were arrested […]

The post Covid UPDATE Sunday: 233 deaths and over 20K released from state care appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Peaked my arse, next thing is they will be telling us everything will be back to normal in 2 weeks, here's a question that needs an answer before any talk about peaks, how many tested ?

• Like 4
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Disease Control Department Director-General Dr. Opas signed a supply agreement for 20 million doses of the Pfizer vaccines on July 20 and the Cabinet approved 9.3 billion baht for the contract to procure the new batch last Tuesday.

If, as reported, the 9.3 billion baht is just for the contract to buy (not delivery, distribution, etc) - IF - then that's 4,650 baht per dose.

That's around five times more than anyone else has reportedly paid .....

8 minutes ago, Stonker said:

If, as reported, the 9.3 billion baht is just for the contract to buy (not delivery, distribution, etc) - IF - then that's 4,650 baht per dose.

That's around five times more than anyone else has reportedly paid .....

Check your maths, may be one 0 missing in the equation?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Check your maths, may be one 0 missing in the equation?

Thanks, you're right! My mistake.

465 baht a dose, which makes it a bargain and half the reported price of Sinovac .....

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Graham said:

Peaked my arse, next thing is they will be telling us everything will be back to normal in 2 weeks, here's a question that needs an answer before any talk about peaks, how many tested ?

And that is the million dollar question !!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

And that is the million dollar question !!

it appears around 20,000 testing a day,as the infection figure is around the same everyday ?? and deaths reported are also similar everyday,for a country with 70 million and only 7% fully vaccinated,its difficult to understand why the figures are continually consistence  

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

27 minutes ago, harry1 said:

it appears around 20,000 testing a day,as the infection figure is around the same everyday ?? and deaths reported are also similar everyday,for a country with 70 million and only 7% fully vaccinated,its difficult to understand why the figures are continually consistence  

Well I am surprised why you find the published consistent figures difficult to understand as most people on these forums and even some of the Thai news media have suggested for over a year their doubts about the veracity of any statements or reports by this current government.

"The published numbers extend a general trend over the past week which suggest the number of new cases across Thailand may have peaked."

In no way does it suggest number of new cases have peaked.  That's not how you read statistics like this.  The care someone receives in a hospital and the speed of recovery is not related to spread of the infection.  There's absolutely no correlation between recovery and the spread of the virus.  I think a better metric to identify a peak is when number of new cases falls below a 30 day moving average. ya know,  like any sane smart person would gauge it.

I think this is government propaganda to quell protests.  You can tell by how stupid the lie is.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Clfeige said:

"The published numbers extend a general trend over the past week which suggest the number of new cases across Thailand may have peaked."

In no way does it suggest number of new cases have peaked.  That's not how you read statistics like this.  The care someone receives in a hospital and the speed of recovery is not related to spread of the infection.  There's absolutely no correlation between recovery and the spread of the virus.  I think a better metric to identify a peak is when number of new cases falls below a 30 day moving average. ya know,  like any sane smart person would gauge it.

I think this is government propaganda to quell protests.  You can tell by how stupid the lie is.

Some strong points made here that are unsurprisingly shared by most members. Your debut post, too, so thanks for that!

Hello, Clfeige and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Graham said:

Go and count the corpses on your doorstep? That should give you the answers you want.

• Cool 1

Looking at the worldwide trends including Thailand, the key thing I note is number of recovered daily and the number of new infections. If recovered exceed new infections consistently, then the curve is beginning to flatten. Look to the UK and Israel as a guide to the future. Both have high vaccination rates ad both have had a resurgence of the Delta Virus as restrictions ease. But the number of hospitalisations and death are much much less. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

These party's they keep busting the penalties should be expell the foreigners and throw the Thais together in a small cell minimum food for 21 days to make sure they do not have Covid they can continue their party there 

Edited by MikeW
Added
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Looking at the worldwide trends including Thailand, the key thing I note is number of recovered daily and the number of new infections. If recovered exceed new infections consistently, then the curve is beginning to flatten. Look to the UK and Israel as a guide to the future. Both have high vaccination rates ad both have had a resurgence of the Delta Virus as restrictions ease. But the number of hospitalisations and death are much much less. 

Not forgetting that the UK is carrying out 800,000+ tests per day, every day. Hospitalisation has been reduced considerably and ICU beds are no longer under pressure. The positive new cases are still high but with this amount of tests, one wouldn't expect anything else.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Seems the CCSA are happy to reel of all these figures about infections and recovery rates even the amount of cases in the prison system, why they are counted separately I will never understand. Are they not humans, does their infection not really count. 

Any way the only figure we all want to hear is the amount of daily tests in respect to the amount of positive cases found. Only when this is known can we have any idea of the true infection rate.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

I’m in UD today staying overnight 

on Soi falang waiting to go for my first shot of the Pvax tomorrow at Ragiphat university . We went out to buy take away  ,some bars open and people on the street,80 % of the people had no masks 555. Mostly all falang!

10 hours ago, Poolie said:

Go and count the corpses on your doorstep? That should give you the answers you want.

Great, so there are no murders, no deaths by car, no covid deaths, no one dying of cancer or anything else, people must live forever as I have never seen a corpse on my doorstep.

Has anyone else?

Just now, JamesR said:

Great, so there are no murders, no deaths by car, no covid deaths, no one dying of cancer or anything else, people must live forever as I have never seen a corpse on my doorstep.

Has anyone else?

Or was you comment a joke which I missed?

It won’t peak if they are going to carry on rolling out vaccines, especially the Pfizer one, because vaccinated transmit infections more readily than the unvaccinated.

there are good alternatives, treatments that are proving very successful. Find them on the following links.

MATH+protocol

Zelenko protocol