Hua Hin is the Most Popular Real Estate Market in Thailand in 2021

TiT

Last night on The Thaiger YouTube Channel, Tim had a special with a young gentlemen demonstrating their new data app for real estate transactions.

What I found more interesting than the app itself, was the fact that Hua Hin's Real Estate market was by far the hottest around Thailand.

Now, I have seen countless businesses close around Hua Hin and people are struggling all the same.  What is it about Hua Hin that is so marketably different?

Is it the greater presence of a larger community of expats or is it the close proximity to Bangkok for those Thais looking to escape the city on weekends?

I just found it interesting and wanted to hear your thoughts.  What is making Hua Hin such an attractive destination this year?

When there are zero sales of property, and then one sells in XYZ, then XYZ is 100% out performing all the others.  I would like to know the numbers, but all that vid showed was percentages and overall trends.   

• Like 4

As AussieBob says, lies lies and statistics.

You need to look at the trend not the outlying data.

A few minutes in a jupyter notebook with some of the data sources, and you could probably prove otherwise...

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2021 at 1:51 AM, TiT said:

What is making Hua Hin such an attractive destination this year?

i live here so it is very trendy. 

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...

I'm not sure if you live in the Hua Hin area or know anyone that does. I'm thinking of buying a condo and retiring in Cha Am or Hua Hin in 6 years. Can you tell me if the overall air quality for seniors breathing ability is alright? You opinion is appreciated. Thank you, SR

20 hours ago, soulrider808 said:

I'm not sure if you live in the Hua Hin area or know anyone that does. I'm thinking of buying a condo and retiring in Cha Am or Hua Hin in 6 years. Can you tell me if the overall air quality for seniors breathing ability is alright? You opinion is appreciated. Thank you, SR

I would say the overall quality is good

Although there is a lot of traffic congestion on the main road

29 minutes ago, soulrider808 said:

would you say the air quality in Cha Am is about the same as Hua Hin but less weekend BKK crowd?

Cha Am is less congested than HH

But I never really notice the air quality 

If you are worried about air quality 

You should look at places up on the mountain above HH

Pleasant up there 

• 3 weeks later...

I have been visitng for a few months at a time at different times of year.   Thinking about settling in Hua Hin area also.

I have the weather App in my phone and notice AQI ratings (along with temp, etc.).    Bangkok is horrible though today it seem "moderate" at 93 but I routinely (when I am here) see it well over 120.  At the same time now Hua Hin is 126  - that is unheathly for sensitive groups.  Luckily I am in good health so it doesn't bother me though looking at the Bangkok skyline from staying just NW, its depressing. I know the mountain areas like Chiang Mai can get really bad also due to burning, maybe temperature inversions, etc.  Thailand overall has bad air ):

I guess my advice would do some research especially if you are part of a senstive group.  There are few sites with data:  Thailand AQI  https://www.iqair.com/thailand

Edited by Dezmo