News Forum - Airlines pushing for September reopening for domestic flights

Thaiger

49 minutes ago, shanghailoz said:

Back to topic, does anyone really believe they'll be opening up flights on the 1st September?

It looks increasingly unlikely that it will happen

Certain limited domestic flights already available to book from Sept 1st - Google.
That could change in the next 7 days though.

2 minutes ago, Faz said:

Certain limited domestic flights already available to book from Sept 1st - Google.

The problem with "that could change" is the airlines just go ka-ching, and keep your money.

Been there, done that, know better than to book ahead now, not even bothering to book a ticket for September, private minibus seems to be the more reliable route these days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, shanghailoz said:

The problem with "that could change" is the airlines just go ka-ching, and keep your money.

Been there, done that, know better than to book ahead now, not even bothering to book a ticket for September, private minibus seems to be the more reliable route these days.

They like ka-ching, good for profits.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Faz said:

Sure.

Though, I wouldn't even consider booking anything until they are physically operating. 

All of the domestics do not have a good standing regarding default refunding,  sound online transactions, etc. 

Their customer-friendly business acumen is certainly not up to speed - even in the best of times, let alone the COVID era. 

Caveat Emptor -

2 hours ago, shanghailoz said:

Back to topic, does anyone really believe they'll be opening up flights on the 1st September?

It looks increasingly unlikely that it will happen

I'm thinking more mid September. They'll start with the Bangkok Bypass flights from one sandbox to another and see how they do and then work from there. That should start sooner (maybe next week?) to support the 7+7 plan, but BKK will be back in biz shortly thereafter.

On 8/23/2021 at 10:27 AM, Rain said:

What is normal? 

What they say it is?

There's a standard for such things? Who's standard?

Normal is usually very simply defined.  I guess it still depends on some form of consensus.

On 8/23/2021 at 11:12 AM, Faz said:

That's the problem I face.  My travel agent has been able to arrange flights for me, but she cautions against it as the flights will likely be cancelled or rescheduled,

4 hours ago, bushav8r said:

That's the problem I face.  My travel agent has been able to arrange flights for me, but she cautions against it as the flights will likely be cancelled or rescheduled,

That's the problem isn't it, ensuring a flight actually leaves is as risky currently as getting out of Kabul at the moment. Joking of course but illustrative that nothing can be guaranteed currently

On 8/23/2021 at 9:32 AM, JamesE said:

I'm thinking more mid September. They'll start with the Bangkok Bypass flights from one sandbox to another and see how they do and then work from there. That should start sooner (maybe next week?) to support the 7+7 plan, but BKK will be back in biz shortly thereafter.

Oh dear...

🙄

7 hours ago, bushav8r said:

but she cautions against it as the flights will likely be cancelled or rescheduled,

This is true. It happened to us three times in 2020 and four times (so far) in 2021. No biggie. It's one of those things you just have to roll with in Pandemic Normal. I was booked on EVA into BKK but then the sandbox came along and now I'm on Lufthansa+THAI into Phuket. Still have a few weeks so it might change again. Just make sure you have really good credit cards and a travel rider on your COVID insurance.

7 hours ago, bushav8r said:

I wouldn't try to arrange or book any domestic flights until your in Thailand in the first place.
After all you'll have 14 days to make the arrangements, not as if you can go elsewhere outside the scheme until after the quarantine period.  😉

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bushav8r said:

Were you flying on a broom?  lol

Even had exit seats both legs👍 

Remember the flight was actually only £89 - the rest were the obscene taxes!

• Cool 1