News Forum - CCSA predicts that Covid-19 infections may have peaked

Thaiger

Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration officials are saying that there are encouraging signs that Covid-19 infections are levelling off and have peaked. The news comes despite some doctors predicting up to 400,000 new cases, or even, as one doctor suggested, half the Thai population having or having had Covid-19 by the end of the next 100 days without mass vaccination. The CCSA said that the new Covid-19 infection numbers have peaked and are no longer sharply rising and have levelled off, albeit at around 20,000 infections a day. Provinces are seeing a 59% rate of infection, while the Greater Bangkok […]

The post CCSA predicts that Covid-19 infections may have peaked appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

If you don't do any more testing, it stands to reason that the numbers might have peaked.

They state ZERO reasons for their proclamations here.  Where is the methodology, where is the statistical logic behind such a pronouncement?

Hot air, and lots of it, that's all we can expect from the CCSA.  They have no clue and are just spewing garbage.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Is this the fourth or fifth time these goons have said it may have peaked ? I guess if they keep repeating it enough times into the future one month or year they are bound to be right.

19 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

If you don't do any more testing, it stands to reason that the numbers might have peaked.

They state ZERO reasons for their proclamations here.  Where is the methodology, where is the statistical logic behind such a pronouncement?

Hot air, and lots of it, that's all we can expect from the CCSA.  They have no clue and are just spewing garbage.

CCSA spewing garbage? Surely not 555

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

No test no pwoblem.

Think they're running at about 50,000 tests a day. So if they're finding cases at 40% positive that's not good. 

To give a comparison. Where I am they're doing about 70,000 tests a day and finding about 500 cases a day. 

• Like 1

One of the things that has made me really frustrated, is that people come to get tested { many haven't got symptoms, but they were close or casual contacts of known cases. I understand that vaccine supply is an issue in Thailand, but people presenting for a Covid Test, who have no symptoms could be vaccinated at the same time. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Provinces are seeing a 59% rate of infection, while the Greater Bangkok region has a 41% infection rate

Any guesses what this means?

@Thaiger (after all, you wrote it)?

Anyone?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

I understand that vaccine supply is an issue in Thailand, but people presenting for a Covid Test, who have no symptoms could be vaccinated at the same time. 

Just to make sure I've understood, are you suggesting that if I want to get vaccinated all I should have to do is ask to be tested?

That they don't  worry about how old I am, if I'm vulnerable, if I'm in a high risk area, or even if I've registered?

All I should have to do is walk in?

... I can see some problems with that .....

Read a footnote on this image. Anyone think that any virus mutation magically stay away from Thailand? It's already here, wake up people! 

E9SFsBQVcAEH21n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

If you were to desire a lower positive count for political reasons then you could just test less people per day. The key figures released always show infection and recovered rates but they don't show the pcr test rate per 100 000 people, why is that? That test rate is as important as the other figures. Maybe the test rate per day is released daily elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

5 hours ago, Stonker said:

Just to make sure I've understood, are you suggesting that if I want to get vaccinated all I should have to do is ask to be tested?

That they don't  worry about how old I am, if I'm vulnerable, if I'm in a high risk area, or even if I've registered?

All I should have to do is walk in?

... I can see some problems with that .....

"All I should have to do is walk in?"

Yes, but only if you are asleep and dreaming.

Where have all the vaccines gone,

Long time passing,

Where have all the vaccines gone, long time ago.

Gone to politicians, every one.

When will they ever learn,

When will they ever learn.

5 hours ago, JamesR said:

"All I should have to do is walk in?"

Yes, but only if you are asleep and dreaming.

Long time passing,

Where have all the vaccines gone, long time ago.

Gone to politicians, every one.

When will they ever learn,

When will they ever learn.

Well, to keep up the musical theme, if walk in vaccinations for those who want to be tested is your suggestion then you're in la-la land.

• Haha 1

My comment was directed at the Thai government, I was merely saying it does not matter if you walk in, walk out, do the okey kokey and turn it all about, Thailand has very few vaccines on offer so I was basically agreeing with you. 

The problem with comments on a forum like this is they can easily be misinterpreted. 

10 hours ago, pascal said:

in short they have lost all control .......... 

translated to thai=a "misunderstanding" will include a visual assist

Image result for spiderman twin

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Stonker said:

Any guesses what this means?

@Thaiger (after all, you wrote it)?

Anyone?

Most likely referring to the % of people that test positive. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Most likely referring to the % of people that test positive. 

Yes, most likely, but meaningless on its own.

A better indicator would be deaths, and while that's inevitably delayed as a stat it seems to be rising, not falling.

• Cool 1

Not doing sufficient testing and contact tracing will not flatten the curve naturally.

Percentage shown positive on testing statistics will concur if the situation is indeed controlled, anyone has this data?

Antigen/Rapid test may not count towards testing reliably especially using those faulty chinese antigen kits that Thailand bought.

Well, then again you don't see people dying on the streets and stories of those not able to get tested could be a good sign. 

• Cool 1

1 minute ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Sounds good. Great Job Thailand! Now let's open things up. 

Exactly and the first thing to be opened up is the PM's skull, as the brain, should they find one, should be of interest for medical research.

1 minute ago, gummy said:

Exactly and the first thing to be opened up is the PM's skull, as the brain, should they find one, should be of interest for medical research.

"Form an orderly queue please"

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, gummy said:

He had a brain scan but they didn't find anything.

• Haha 1