Going back to the U.K from C.M.

Fluke

I need to go back to the U.K soon .

Anyone done this recently or is planning to do it ?

It seems to be an arduous task , especially ass I done have a mobile phone 

I am in Chiang Mai . 

All flights to BKK have been suspended for the last three weeks .

Although it would be possible to get to BKK overland , the difficulty would be getting a Covid test done 2/3 days before departure .

Tested, wait 24 hours to get results , then 10 hours to BKK and quickly get on a flight

Edited by Faz
deleted quoted post now hidden.

9 minutes ago, Fluke said:

I am in Chiang Mai . 

All flights to BKK have been suspended for the last three weeks .

Although it would be possible to get to BKK overland , the difficulty would be getting a Covid test done 2/3 days before departure .

Tested, wait 24 hours to get results , then 10 hours to BKK and quickly get on a flight

A friend of mine got his test done at Bumrungrad, with results emailed and hard copy able to be collected at 9 am the next day. I am afraid I don't know the cost though. So it will also  involve a nights stay for you in BKK.

You can have a CVOID test done at Chiangmai Ram and/or CM Medical Clinic. One day "certified" service.. There are flights (ANA and JAL) out of BKK to Tokyo Narita airport daily. You can confirm by checking out the AOT (Airports of Thailand) website.. 

10 minutes ago, Thomazz59 said:

You can have a CVOID test done at Chiangmai Ram and/or CM Medical Clinic. One day "certified" service.. There are flights (ANA and JAL) out of BKK to Tokyo Narita airport daily. You can confirm by checking out the AOT (Airports of Thailand) website.. 

But he is flying to the UK, not Japan

Good place for information are; Skyscanner.com, www.gov.uk, www.klm.com go to covid- requirements.

You need covid-19 test, if you are vacinated print out the certificates, maybe don't helps. You have to pay for covid test package test in UK £136 online before departure. Fill in the PLF Public health passenger locator form when you have the flight infos.

You have to make 10 or 14 day quarantine.

Book with KLM via Amsterdam.

Check you documents with KLM. Can do online or with support.

I think you need time and a telephone better cheep smartphone. 

Good luck

• Like 1

@Fluke Where in the UK, when?

Limited flights between CM and BKK are supposed to resume from Sept 1st.

As already stated same day PCR Covid testing available at a number of facilities in Thailand.

Thailand is currently on the UK's amber list.
Requirements for entry here; https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england#amber-list

As already recommended, flights from Bangkok to UK search > https://www.skyscanner.net/routes/bkkt/uk/bangkok-to-united-kingdom.html

If your not going to London (direct flight) I suggest KLM through Amsterdam, or Finnair through Helsinki.

You'll need a mobile to enter on the Passenger Locator Form so you can be contacted in the UK.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Fluke said:

Do you need a ‘Go Fund Me’ or do you have enough cash to buy a mobile phone because it is almost certain that you will need one.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Fluke said:

Go to the GOV.UK WEBSITE for all info

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

Buy a cheap used phone appx 500B will get you one.

Edited by stuhan

26 minutes ago, Mynemesis said:

Do you need a ‘Go Fund Me’ or do you have enough cash to buy a mobile phone because it is almost certain that you will need one.

Its a personal choice, rather than a financial choice 

Get a phone.  Get a test done.  THEN buy ticket.  Singapore seems to be OK - get a flight there and then buy a ticket to UK.  If you want to book before you leave home - then good luck with that - those days are long gone and will take a while before they get back.  Flights are cancelled and postponed a lot. Did I say get a phone? 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Train said:

Good place for information are; Skyscanner.com, www.gov.uk, www.klm.com go to covid- requirements.

You need covid-19 test, if you are vacinated print out the certificates, maybe don't helps. You have to pay for covid test package test in UK £136 online before departure. Fill in the PLF Public health passenger locator form when you have the flight infos.

You have to make 10 or 14 day quarantine.

Book with KLM via Amsterdam.

Check you documents with KLM. Can do online or with support.

I think you need time and a telephone better cheep smartphone. 

Good luck

Surely you can book other flights now like Qatar not going through red list countries? I would still buy a flight before getting the test, you can get the 2 PCR tests booked at home for about 100 quid from well recommended places eg Biogroup Laboratory 98 pounds.

Edited by thai3

Right, I need to get back to the U.K by Monday Morning or I will have to pay 2225 quid for a quarantine hotel , can Covid tests be done at Swampy ?

I may get a bus to CM today , go to Swampy and get a Covid test done there and book a flight from the airport

6 hours ago, Fluke said:

Right, I need to get back to the U.K by Monday Morning or I will have to pay 2225 quid for a quarantine hotel , can Covid tests be done at Swampy ?

I may get a bus to CM today , go to Swampy and get a Covid test done there and book a flight from the airport

You have to do a proper PCR covid test. In a good Hospital. Can't do rapid test.

• Like 1

Things just got slightly easier and also alot more costly .

Now no need to pre purchase the U.K home tests , but you need to stay in a quarantine hotel at a cost of 2250 Quid , now that Thailand is in a a red zone and also one of the worst places to be during the pandemic, according to some media group