News Forum - Police arrest 21 people at Pattaya party violating Covid-19 decree

Thaiger

Yet another party breaking all Covid-19 restrictions was just broken up in Central Pattaya tonight, with 21 people arrested. The event was in front of the Tree Town Market area on Soi Buakhao and police raided the party just before 9 pm. Pattaya and the rest of the Chon Buri province is now a maximum control dark red zone, and gatherings of more than 5 people are strictly prohibited and gatherings of any size with alcohol are also banned. The restrictions are regulated by the national Emergency Decree and Communicable Disease Act, as well as locally by the Chon Buri […]

The post Police arrest 21 people at Pattaya party violating Covid-19 decree appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

30 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Yet another party breaking all Covid-19 restrictions was just broken up in Central Pattaya tonight, with 21 people arrested. The event was in front of the Tree Town Market area on Soi Buakhao

Are plod keeping a log on all these party's .?

• Haha 2

Just another group of self entitled Farang Kee Nok!  In  my opinion we are all guests of Thailand regardless of how often we visit or how long we have resided. That means abiding by the law regardless of our opinions on the lockdown and freedom to associate with friends. It's about respect.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

Apparently.  It's always 'concerned neighbours' in the description though.  

• Haha 2

Footnote to my previous comment ........ take a good look at the Farang in the photo.  This 'high class' guy cant even wear a mask properly, Says it all really.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, JackMeOff said:

Idiots

And they still don't understand why the numbers are out of control. 

You can have all the mandated emergency decrees, lockdowns, restrictive measures, and so on that they desire....not gonna resolve anything unless society, as a collective, practice basic and simple protocol measures - masking, distancing, mingling in large/moderate groups, etc. 

3 hours ago, MARCO said:

Just another group of self entitled Farang Kee Nok!  In  my opinion we are all guests of Thailand regardless of how often we visit or how long we have resided. That means abiding by the law regardless of our opinions on the lockdown and freedom to associate with friends. It's about respect.

Why do you use such a derogatory term about your own people? Do you think it somehow endears you to the Thais? You are wrong if you do. 

• Like 4
  • Angry 1

2 hours ago, MARCO said:

Footnote to my previous comment ........ take a good look at the Farang in the photo.  This 'high class' guy cant even wear a mask properly, Says it all really.

Are you a “Farang” ? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Why do you use such a derogatory term about your own people? Do you think it somehow endears you to the Thais? You are wrong if you do. 

It simply goes along with the rest of the facade of virtue signaling. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Objectivance said:

It simply goes along with the rest of the facade of virtue signaling. 

I guess that’s one explanation. Strange how someone would use such a term. Perhaps he’s unaware of what it means ? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I might guess that he doesn't really understand the term ฝรั่งขี้นก nor how it's used or why. 

Consider the source.

Edited by Rain

18 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Are you a “Farang” ? 

Agree, one of my pet hates, usually uttered or written by the 'village idiot on a day out' mob.......

• Like 2

Still waiting for any information about any charges or fines being actually imposed at any of such imbeciles. Maybe Thaiger should do some follow up on these party stories

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MARCO said:

When I read your comments I think he is really many classes higher than you! Your words says it really and really shows your low level. My family (Thai) would not use such words!

• Like 1

It really is something, lockdowns, masks and social distancing all work we are told, yet "case" numbers go up, then the authorities can just say the people did not obey good enough and we need to lock down harder and longer...rinse, repeat.

I imagine in about 2 years from now when we are in full lockdown some of these people might start to question their loyalty to the cult of covid.

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

I don't understand why you people get your knickers in a twist over the word "farang".

We use it all the time, not as a derogatory term, but as a general term for a white foreigner.

None of my Thai family or friends use it as an insult.  Maybe the farang in your part of the country are looked down upon for their own sake.

These party idiots need the book thrown at them.  I would wager it was a "sense of privilege" that enabled them to think they were okay in flouting the decrees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

I guess that’s one explanation. Strange how someone would use such a term. Perhaps he’s unaware of what it means ? 

There's a bizarre group of foreigners in Thailand that have the delusion that they'll be considered a local, if they mimic what locals say and do in regards to foreigners. It's one of the more hilarious things to see in Thailand. Similar to that of a horse spray painting itself with stripes and walking around saying Zebra things. 🤣🤦‍♂️

I'm not certain if they believe this behavior will grant them special treatment at a counter somewhere, or give them an overall advantage, or to gain trust to improve access to certain age groups. 🤔

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

It really is something, lockdowns, masks and social distancing all work we are told, yet "case" numbers go up, then the authorities can just say the people did not obey good enough and we need to lock down harder and longer...rinse, repeat.

I imagine in about 2 years from now when we are in full lockdown some of these people might start to question their loyalty to the cult of covid.

Not trying to sound negative, I appreciate your optimism. But that's generally not how Stockholm Syndrome ends up. 

• Like 1

Shocking isn't it?  I wonder id there were other shenanigans happen all over Soi Buakow at the same time.  Like crowds at the markets, crowds on the road period.  I mean other than the alcohol  what gets a group or individuals  singled out?  

6 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

Only the ones where the organisers don't give the RTP backhanders I suspect 

4 hours ago, MARCO said:

And there is no prostitution in Thailand,  and the bar owners aren't pimps nor do they make money off the ladies.  Seems like so many hypocrites these days.  So many ckme here to do and get away with that which they cant in their own lands.  But to be blatant is the crime.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

Yes and sitting on beach is, bad, bad, but walking on side walk in large crowds is good, good, and covid goes home at 21:00

• Like 2