Talk Forum - PM Prayut Chan-o-cha says restrictions are likely to be eased by early September

Thaiger

7 hours ago, Poolie said:

Less of course the 21-22,000 recovering every day. Y'know, those with antibodies preventing tranmission. They dont need vaccination yet, probably for six months.

Yes. There is that. 

It's part of their P.R campaign to try to convince the world Thailand is safe in typical Thai fashion , (lie your way out of trouble)  because the thai bhat is failing and economy in meltdown.😂

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

11 hours ago, Pompies said:

So, plenty of noise about dark red zones but eff all about those of us living in provinces into which he exported hundreds of thousands of infected people. We have been living in a responsible way for month after month and have sucked up all the trash sent to us but our lives are still wrecked. Thank you very much Chan Ocha. You represent the overbearing Bangkok elite so well while we ordinary folk clear up your sh+t.

Very well said

In our Amphor Khao Suan Kwang (Khon Kaen) the COVID 19 infected returnees are being held at the local hospital - sharing facilities, doctors and such. There is cross ventilation and ceiling fans, though no increased air movements. The nursing and hospital staff, as well as outpatients are at risk of carrying the COVID 19 into the wider community. It is a matter of when we get COVID 19, not a matter of if we will get the virus.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alexg2 said:

In our Amphor Khao Suan Kwang (Khon Kaen) the COVID 19 infected returnees are being held at the local hospital - sharing facilities, doctors and such. There is cross ventilation and ceiling fans, though no increased air movements. The nursing and hospital staff, as well as outpatients are at risk of carrying the COVID 19 into the wider community. It is a matter of when we get COVID 19, not a matter of if we will get the virus.    

That does sound like cause for concern . . . my fingers are crossed for you and yours. And sorry I missed your debut post, the other week, but thanks for that!

Hello, Alexg2 and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

• Like 1

I see I'm on my own in this happiness campaign.

Very well, its my birthday today so you can all go and boil your heads. 🤗

'Its all fake numbers, they havent tested enough, I'm so unhappy....' Jeezus!

Like a bunch of pre-menstrual adolescents.

Have a good Saturday.

Edited by Poolie
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, HappyExpat said:

Nearly impossible to tell if it's his mouth or his anal orifice making these noises.

I know which one, and it wears the pants.

• Haha 2

You continue with your daily lies, and you are at a stage where nobody in this nation, other than some of the generals and cabinet ministers take you seriously anymore. You have undermined your own credibility time and time again, with bad information, fake news, broken promises, and terrible leadership. Do you even know what the definition of leadership is? 

True leaders really are in the service of their people. True leaders act with integrity and in doing so they establish trust. True leaders genuinely value their people and in doing so they create loyalty. True leaders are in the business of assisting people to realize their full potential, and in doing so they inspire excellence. Nobody can demand respect, loyalty or trust, like you constantly do. These things have to be earned. There are no short cuts, no way to cheat the process. Great leaders have integrity and truly value their people. And you do not inspire confidence, as you have never had any follow up in your weak game, you are highly insincere, and grossly incompetent and under qualified for the job. One would think after 7 plus years you have had time to learn. That does not appear to be the case. Prayuth, you are a terrible leader. 

410315962.jpg

1805609541_mentalslavery.jpg.7852c910fc881892a12bb0966a5ead0b.jpg

h5axj84inyq0shik_1603616806.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

In the UK when we were in the middle of the pandemic our PM Boris Johnson and others were making mistakes daily and losing confidence. We began questioning the way they were dealing with the pandemic, we had daily briefings by our top Scientists and our numbers were delivered daily so we were fully aware what was going on, nothing was hidden. We were never given promises of were predicting this or were predicting that, we pulled the Army in to help in the Pandemic and the head of the Army was put in some briefings on what role they were carrying out. Question's still came out on the way he was handling the Pandemic and unlike the Thai PM, he stood up and said if your happy and you want me replaced I will.  A vote of confidence was put in place. He survived 2 votes of confidence but stuck to his guns, lock downs, travel restrictions, School closure's the Furlough scheme was rolled out where 80% of wages were paid for people forced out of work due to restrictions. Its taken 15 Month's for us to vaccinate nearly 90% ist and 85% second doses we now are more or less fully open. We accepted the rules that had to be put in place and we were never given fake or false information from our leaders. 

Edited by vlad
  • Like 3
  • Cool 1

To use a UK saying Jason we went for shit or bust.  The clueless halfwits are still ignoring what other country's have done and there still coming out with stupid rules and ideas. Now there buying a very expensive Chinese vaccine that will not protect you or another brain wave " Oh we can save money by mixing vaccines " . What the Thai's want to hear is how many have been inoculated with 2 doses of a reputable vaccine's. Not half arsed excuses or lies. How can the PM say we will start lifting restrictions so early when the figures are still rising , come on start telling the truth. At this rate in his efforts your looking at next Dec to have over 60% double dosed.  Hey if you vote for me next year we promise to buy approved vaccines and we will be open once we won believe and trust in me  lol.  

5 hours ago, dmacarelli said:

You continue with your daily lies, and you are at a stage where nobody in this nation, other than some of the generals and cabinet ministers take you seriously anymore. You have undermined your own credibility time and time again, with bad information, fake news, broken promises, and terrible leadership. Do you even know what the definition of leadership is? 

True leaders really are in the service of their people. True leaders act with integrity and in doing so they establish trust. True leaders genuinely value their people and in doing so they create loyalty. True leaders are in the business of assisting people to realize their full potential, and in doing so they inspire excellence. Nobody can demand respect, loyalty or trust, like you constantly do. These things have to be earned. There are no short cuts, no way to cheat the process. Great leaders have integrity and truly value their people. And you do not inspire confidence, as you have never had any follow up in your weak game, you are highly insincere, and grossly incompetent and under qualified for the job. One would think after 7 plus years you have had time to learn. That does not appear to be the case. Prayuth, you are a terrible leader. 

410315962.jpg

1805609541_mentalslavery.jpg.7852c910fc881892a12bb0966a5ead0b.jpg

h5axj84inyq0shik_1603616806.jpeg

Nonetheless, he is brilliant at what he does - in a very Thainess manner.

And it cycles on in a highly rhetorical direction. 

And to the contrary, most [if not all] Thais don't buy it. 

But this is the way in which the theatre has been set up - the players might change from time to time, yet the staging remains traditional. A hard rock to budge.

6 hours ago, dmacarelli said:

I must have missed the vote, when were you elected as the Spokesman for Thailand?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I must have missed the vote, when were you elected as the Spokesman for Thailand?

It is a tough job. But someone has to do it. Wait a minute. Will I be locked up for 15 years on trumped up sedition charges, by very weak and failed men? 

Edited by dmacarelli

4 hours ago, vlad said:

In the UK when we were in the middle of the pandemic our PM Boris Johnson and others were making mistakes daily and losing confidence. We began questioning the way they were dealing with the pandemic, we had daily briefings by our top Scientists and our numbers were delivered daily so we were fully aware what was going on, nothing was hidden. We were never given promises of were predicting this or were predicting that, we pulled the Army in to help in the Pandemic and the head of the Army was put in some briefings on what role they were carrying out. Question's still came out on the way he was handling the Pandemic and unlike the Thai PM, he stood up and said if your happy and you want me replaced I will.  A vote of confidence was put in place. He survived 2 votes of confidence but stuck to his guns, lock downs, travel restrictions, School closure's the Furlough scheme was rolled out where 80% of wages were paid for people forced out of work due to restrictions. Its taken 15 Month's for us to vaccinate nearly 90% ist and 85% second doses we now are more or less fully open. We accepted the rules that had to be put in place and we were never given fake or false information from our leaders. 

As someone enduring their sixth lockdown, I look towards the UK as a beacon of hope.

28 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

It is a tough job. But someone has to do it. Wait a minute. Will I be locked up for 15 years on trumped up sedition charges, by very weak and failed men? 

Nah. They can't be bothered with Farang and their detrimental values. 

You're safe, mate.

Don't get me wrong it was tough funerals were only allowed up to 30 mourners, couldn't even have a meet up later to say farewell, weddings were suspended because we were not allowed to gather and venues were closed, even close relatives were not allowed 1 on 1 contacts for hospital visits, even once relaxed slightly you could only visit nursing homes shielded by windows. Only people who were allowed like Doctor's, NHS staff, supermarket staff or where food was obtained Doctors surgery's were closed all this was done was prevent the Spread we hated it but it had to be done. So when i see the stupidity of the blundering Thai PM who constantly make poor decisions you can forget lifting restrictions until the country is 60-70 % fully inoculated.  I know because i had to endure it.

17 hours ago, Rain said:

Nah. They can't be bothered with Farang and their detrimental values. 

You're safe, mate.

Likely the case. I honestly think one of the reasons why the government hates us, is because we corrupt the Thai women.

We encourage them to ask questions.

We encourage them to be genuinely curious.

We encourage them to question authority, and not to accept their lot in life. We encourage them to question their institutions. 

We encourage them to be critical of incompetency, ineptitude, and stupidity. 

And by our examples, we show them they do not need to accept the nonsense, they can speak up when being abused or taken advantage of, and they do not need to bow down to authority, especially when it is ridiculous and corrupt. 

None of that is fine by the heinous leadership here. It is actually considered dangerous behavior. 

• Like 1