Talk Forum - Thailand planning travel bubble with South Korea once Covid crisis eases

Thaiger

Thailand plans to launch a travel bubble arrangement with South Korea once the Covid-19 situation improves, according to tourism officials. The Tourism Authority of Thailand says the plan would allow for quarantine-free travel between the 2 countries, with hopes it will provide Thailand with a much-needed tourism boost. The plan has been confirmed by the TAT’s Thanet Petchsuwan, who will oversee international marketing for the Asia and South Pacific regions from October. “My first mission will be to talk to the new Chinese ambassador to Thailand about the possibility of allowing Chinese citizens to travel abroad. We are also preparing […]

The post Thailand planning travel bubble with South Korea once Covid crisis eases appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

My former Chinese colleagues tell me that the Chinese govt has stopped issuing and renewing passports. I would guess any travel from china for tourism is just another fantasy from the Thai govt for the medium term.

Would like to see a travel bubble with SK but really, i wont be holding my breath

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

Some boldness is required, on the part of the overly timid guys in charge here. The situation in Thailand is not getting any better. Let's face it. The danger is from within. It is not the scary foreigners who are threatening Thailand, but rather the scary locals, especially those from Bangkok.

So, let's man up why don't we? And start performing your job. Which is to man the roadblocks, and forbid the Zombies from leaving Bangkok for the next few weeks. And start locking up the super corrupt "Prayuth immigration men" on the borders. 

Then, and only then the numbers can be brought under control, and then you can start to attempt to revive the tourism industry, which has endured an unprecedented degree of sabotage. And let us not forget what it is that the Koreans, or any other international tourists are coming to visit. A near apocalyptic level of devastation. 

We are ready. No we are not ready. They were ready, but we were not. We were ready, but they were not. We are going to open July 1st. No August 1st. Maybe October 1st. Not sure. Maybe we will never open. Maybe we should just give up on tourism. After all, it is only 20% of our economy. We can always make up for it somewhere else. We are a giant, and one of the world's leading nations.

Huh? You guys are the shame of the planet. Some of the most timid and cowardly people anywhere. Over 60 nations have fully opened for tourism already. Thailand as usual, is behind the curve. Shame on your guys. Livelihoods are a stake, and you act like it means nothing. How can one still be a rank amateur after how many years at the job? Your behavior has sabotaged a once lively industry. You goons are turning the nation from the tiger of SE Asia, into a tiny little, whiny, timid, traumatized, crying pussycat.

20210519_205309.jpg

20210519_205816.jpg

airport-coronavirus-gty-ps-200305_hpEmbed_23x15_992.jpg

covid-19_khaosan_rd-1.jpg

homeless.jpg

IMG_1103.JPG

Pattaya-Covid-1.jpg

Thailand-Poverty-May-23-2020-e1593511700942.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Thommo said:

My former Chinese colleagues tell me that the Chinese govt has stopped issuing and renewing passports. I would guess any travel from china for tourism is just another fantasy from the Thai govt for the medium term.

Would like to see a travel bubble with SK but really, i wont be holding my breath

That is great news!

• Like 1

" TAT says it will ask other Asian nations to help reduce the cost of quarantine for returning citizens."

555. That's hilarious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

" TAT says it will ask other Asian nations to help reduce the cost of quarantine for returning citizens."

555. That's hilarious. 

You can say that again!   I'm still trying to see the sense in it . . . at my twentieth reading (:-)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Hahahaha .. that is superb .. but how do you get on the SkyTrain .. 

Those bubbles are small enough to get on to the sky train with out crowds. Or maybe have authorized special bubble cars and no non bubble folk.

But, have you seen the bubbles that you 100% fully get into? With these you could just get on the rails in front of the sky train and it could push you down the track.

Image result for Bubble around Person

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Thommo said:

Yes. That's been widely reported regarding China. I'm not sure what fantasy the TAT were dreaming up last night, but China, Hong Kong and Taiwan have zero covid tolerance. Korea is seeing rising cases and keeps a quarantine policy and from first hand experience, there is no appetite for tourism right now.

A travel bubble with Thailand, the hub of SE Asia covid? When the covid crisis eases, a long time off for Thailand!

All up, this is nothing more than a wish list on the part of the TAT of top nations that arrived by number in 2019.

• Cool 1

46 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Hahahaha .. that is superb .. but how do you get on the SkyTrain .. 

Some scissors, a plastic bottle, and a pair of Val's old knickers:
Bubble2.thumb.png.ad3bbc945a3655563ea36489a79bdbb5.png
You can make this:
BubbleBoy.thumb.jpg.d54a2db22440feb5b2753ae913da27f0.jpg

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

That is great news!

On the fence about this as I did enjoy sitting on the steps outside Tesco X on Nimman watching the China dolls in sundresses, big hats/yankee caps, adidas, with giant sunglasses and bags full of snail white, seaweed chips, mama cup, and durian chips...using wechat to find the latex pillows and a overpriced thai massage

and then off to Mr Mango to get a selfie with the mascot outside....Nimman rd aka Hiso Chinatown in CM

7 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

On the fence about this as I did enjoy sitting on the steps outside Tesco X on Nimman watching the China dolls in sundresses, big hats/yankee caps, adidas, with giant sunglasses and bags full of snail white, seaweed chips, mama cup, and durian chips...using wechat to find the latex pillows and a overpriced thai massage

and then off to Mr Mango to get a selfie with the mascot outside....Nimman rd aka Hiso Chinatown in CM

Hey, some of them Chinese girls are so way hot. And they really drees nice.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Confirmed! Id ride my bike daily and pit stop on nimman to watch em...ive met many as they all seem clueless and perpetually lost-naive about Cm....taken some for a motobike ride--share some food etc...They are very polite to me. often give me a gift, speak great english and seem open to learning new things

I even met one and dated her thinking she was the "one" but was a fleeting moment as is common with travelers coming in and out---but she was there for my bday and we had a nice dinner and got a "smooch"!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Chinese girls mmmmmmm love em, stayed with one 8yrs ago for a month in Shenyang, looked after me great & wore me out too,🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Confirmed! Id ride my bike daily and pit stop on nimman to watch em...ive met many as they all seem clueless and perpetually lost-naive about Cm....taken some for a motobike ride--share some food etc...They are very polite to me. often give me a gift, speak great english and seem open to learning new things

I even met one and dated her thinking she was the "one" but was a fleeting moment as is common with travelers coming in and out---but she was there for my bday and we had a nice dinner and got a "smooch"!

Yeah, the only thing that can compare to the Chinese gals all dressed up are the Uni girls in their outfits and the Lesbian girls decked out with their Tom girlfriend.

• Cool 1

Sorry to spoil your fun, Guys, but this thread is about the planned S Korean travel bubble.

A few posts have veered towards less-seemly things - Chinese girls, etc - which, if continued, will risk removal.

Please keep on-topic.

Thanks

King Cotton, Moderator

A Korea-Thailand travel bubble is a real possibility.  Here in Korea, the government expects to have 70% of the population fully vaccinated by November.  Just last month the government allowed fully vaccinated tourists to travel to Saipan without any quarantine. Noh Hyeong-ouk, the minister of land, infrastructure, and transportation, recently stated to the Korea Times newspaper that "talks are underway with Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand currently. " He believes Singapore will be first but is eager for more deals and talks continue.  Damn I hope so, would love to visit Thailand again this winter.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Soju said:

A Korea-Thailand travel bubble is a real possibility.  Here in Korea, the government expects to have 70% of the population fully vaccinated by November.  Just last month the government allowed fully vaccinated tourists to travel to Saipan without any quarantine. Noh Hyeong-ouk, the minister of land, infrastructure, and transportation, recently stated to the Korea Times newspaper that "talks are underway with Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand currently. " He believes Singapore will be first but is eager for more deals and talks continue.  Damn I hope so, would love to visit Thailand again this winter.

An interesting concept for sure and sorry I missed your debut, across on the other topic, but thanks for that.

Hello, Soju and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

On 8/19/2021 at 9:55 PM, dmacarelli said:

Some boldness is required, on the part of the overly timid guys in charge here. The situation in Thailand is not getting any better. Let's face it. The danger is from within. It is not the scary foreigners who are threatening Thailand, but rather the scary locals, especially those from Bangkok.

So, let's man up why don't we? And start performing your job. Which is to man the roadblocks, and forbid the Zombies from leaving Bangkok for the next few weeks. And start locking up the super corrupt "Prayuth immigration men" on the borders. 

Then, and only then the numbers can be brought under control, and then you can start to attempt to revive the tourism industry, which has endured an unprecedented degree of sabotage. And let us not forget what it is that the Koreans, or any other international tourists are coming to visit. A near apocalyptic level of devastation. 

We are ready. No we are not ready. They were ready, but we were not. We were ready, but they were not. We are going to open July 1st. No August 1st. Maybe October 1st. Not sure. Maybe we will never open. Maybe we should just give up on tourism. After all, it is only 20% of our economy. We can always make up for it somewhere else. We are a giant, and one of the world's leading nations.

Huh? You guys are the shame of the planet. Some of the most timid and cowardly people anywhere. Over 60 nations have fully opened for tourism already. Thailand as usual, is behind the curve. Shame on your guys. Livelihoods are a stake, and you act like it means nothing. How can one still be a rank amateur after how many years at the job? Your behavior has sabotaged a once lively industry. You goons are turning the nation from the tiger of SE Asia, into a tiny little, whiny, timid, traumatized, crying pussycat.

20210519_205309.jpg

20210519_205816.jpg

airport-coronavirus-gty-ps-200305_hpEmbed_23x15_992.jpg

covid-19_khaosan_rd-1.jpg

homeless.jpg

IMG_1103.JPG

Pattaya-Covid-1.jpg

Thailand-Poverty-May-23-2020-e1593511700942.jpg

Yes, it is that simple. Too many aren't observing/adhering to mitigation protocols.

I always fly in on KAL and have served ASQ time twice.  I need to go back to the mothership to get my wife who's visiting the kids in Colorado. I was thinking October/November timeframe. Fingers crossed but won't hold my breath. 

• Cool 1