Talk Forum - Flights from Phuket to Bangkok to resume for sandbox tourists next month

Thaiger

Domestic flights from Phuket to Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang airports are set to resume next month, according to the Transport Ministry. The Bangkok Post reports that the flights are being given the green light to facilitate the travel needs of tourists in Phuket as part of the island’s sandbox re-opening scheme. On July 21, the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand banned commercial domestic flights to the “dark red” provinces, amid a surge in Covid-19 cases. The ban caught tourists and residents on Phuket off-guard, leaving many with no choice but to make the arduous journey by road. The Bangkok […]

The post Flights from Phuket to Bangkok to resume for sandbox tourists next month appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

16 minutes ago, Artemis080 said:

Rising covid cases on Phuket. We definitely need more relaxation of travel restrictions to keep that trend upward....

Not sure how flights OUT of Phuket are going to maintain an upward trend of Covid cases.

You do understand that this article is about flights from Phuket to Bangkok?

• Like 1

I posted this on another item yesterday not no one seemed to have an answer:

Maybe I’m still not looking at this the wrong way. Why would someone, who flew in to Phuket on an international flight (to my knowledge you still can’t transit via BKK in to Phuket?), and then wish to have a return flight out of the country from BKK???  Why wouldn’t you book a return flight directly in and out of Phuket? What am I missing folks? 

34 minutes ago, Chaimai said:
52 minutes ago, Artemis080 said:

Rising covid cases on Phuket. We definitely need more relaxation of travel restrictions to keep that trend upward....

Not sure how flights OUT of Phuket are going to maintain an upward trend of Covid cases.

You do understand that this article is about flights from Phuket to Bangkok?

A touch of facetious rhetoric there, from @Artemis080, I suspect . . . could be wrong, though (:-)

• Like 2

So why are they not allowed to leave the airport. Surely they mean if you have not completed the full 14 day quarantine in Phuket you are not allowed to leave the BKK airport? Is this poor reporting or poor information supplied to reporters? 

So this helps people who decide to fly from say London direct to Phuket with Thai (don’t think you can transit bkk to Phuket?). Stay 10 days in Phuket and then, for some reason, decide to first fly to BKK airport and then catch a return flight back to London. So that’s no one or one in a million then? 

• Cool 1

I’ve found the article which confirms you can not leave BKK airport unless you have completed your 14 days quarantine. Don’t lose the piece of paper or the ten pieces of paper you most likely receive on completion of quarantine, or you will be like Tom Hanks stuck for years in the terminal. 

This is clearly a move which recognises the vast majority of people using the sandbox are returning Thais or expats returning. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

I’ve found the article which confirms you can not leave BKK airport unless you have completed your 14 days quarantine. Don’t lose the piece of paper or the ten pieces of paper you most likely receive on completion of quarantine, or you will be like Tom Hanks stuck for years in the terminal. 

This is clearly a move which recognises the vast majority of people using the sandbox are returning Thais or expats returning. 

Yeah, this nonsense is very poorly written. Sandbox isn't quarantine but the "14-day programme" is The Sandbox, so if you complete that you're golden, if not, you're living in the airport.

• Like 1