Doctor urges people to be nicer to people who have recovered from Covid, warns everyone will contract the virus

Thaiger

A Thai doctor is asking everyone to be nicer to people who have recovered from Covid because they’ve already suffered enough. He says some have even had near-death experiences. Dr Manoon adds that everyone will eventually contract the virus. Dr Manoon works at the Vichaiyut Hospital and made his Covid statement on Facebook today. He says many people who have had Covid have experience discrimination by society. “Their boss doesn’t let them go back to work. Local shopkeepers refused to provide service to them. Society treated them like they used to treat people with HIV and tuberculosis. They are stigmatized […]

The post Doctor urges people to be nicer to people who have recovered from Covid, warns everyone will contract the virus appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Unfortunately that's a direct result of the worldwide media frenzy on Covid! We saw a glimpse of it when the idiot made his remarks about dirty foreigners last year just because they didn't kowtow to his offer of a face mask! People have been led to see covid as a death sentence rather than a treatable virus. This lack of education is not limited to Thailand! Hysteria maintains viewer numbers and readers but does little to educate!

• Like 3

I knew it was this crackpot of a doctor even before I seen his photo or read the name, just from the headline. He's a real nutcase.

Edited by King Cotton
Minor typo fixed
  • Cool 1

Cannot imagine anyone who is not nice to people who recovered. Not to mention that they have much stronger immunity to the virus. This statement doesn't make any sense. It's like asking people be nice to women who gave birth. 

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

17 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Cannot imagine anyone who is not nice to people who recovered.

I have a friend in Khon Kaen who says there is definitely a stigma against people who have caught COVID, even after they've recovered, if it's known that they had it. They're treated almost like lepers, it's painfully obvious the lengths people will go through to avoid them. So maybe it's not a lynch mob chasing them out of town with pitchforks, but it's still uncomfortable at best and unreasonably mean at worst.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

It's happened to my Brother in Law last week he was cleared negative result and his boss wanted him to come back to work but people refused to work with him saying they would walk out is he came back,

Fortunately the neighbours have been great making sure he has got food and would leave it outside for him,

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

2 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

Cannot imagine anyone who is not nice to people who recovered. Not to mention that they have much stronger immunity to the virus. This statement doesn't make any sense. It's like asking people be nice to women who gave birth. 

Agree it does not make sense, but thats his point.

People have become so afraid that  some are becoming abusive to those who have better immunity to covid than they do

Hey Doctor, but who is responsible their panic? If doctors don't scream in panic at the media and the media don't scream back at the people about how eveyone is going to die and this will be the next mass extinction event.... Maybe, then maybe, people would not be afraid. 

People shouldn't discriminate others, but for people who blindly follow the tv and the doctors in this time, I kind of get why they are the way they are currently. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

3 hours ago, Ldiablo22 said:

I knew it was this crackpot of a doctor even before I seen his photo or read the name, just from the headline. He's a real nutcase.

Yes, that headline says it all. Unbelievable, until you view it in context with all the other nonsense that Thai medics and ministers offend our ears with.

Finally a doctor saying the obvious, everyone will contract the virus and there are no measures that will stop this,  if only they could adjust policies accordingly and stop trying to stop the inevitable.  

All the measures put in place are doing is exacerbating the problem.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MrNovax said:

Finally a doctor saying the obvious, everyone will contract the virus and there are no measures that will stop this,  if only they could adjust policies accordingly and stop trying to stop the inevitable.  

All the measures put in place are doing is exacerbating the problem.  

I don't agree with your statement, but I don't fully disagree either. Here's a nuance to consider: time-frame.

The measures are supposed to postpone (not exacerbate) the problem, such as having the medical sector having to compromise on the Hippocratic Oath. This has given many time windows to develop partial solutions like vaccine administrations, medicines, medical capacity, medical procedures, etc. However, while the measures so far have been very quick and thorough, the follow-up (making use of that extra time) has been much slower, even to the extent that a year of potential preparation time may have been mostly wasted in many regards.

Taking the brunt of letting go of all the measures now might be very much appreciated by people 3-5 years from now, but it'd also cause havoc right now.

• Cool 1