British man convicted of refusing to wear a mask, harassing police, to be deported from Singapore

Thaiger

4 hours ago, riclag said:

falang khee nok

🤣 Such an underused insult.

54 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

And a law that says you may not be naked in your own home? What are they going to do? Pull random people out of their home naked? How does sex work? 

Remember, Thailand is the country where it is illegal to go commando. How do they enforce that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Benroon said:

(shocked that being gay in Singapore is illegal but if it guarantees I will never bump into Will Young, I can live with that!)

5555, the twat is on radio 2 at the moment standing in for Jo Whiley, roll on Monday night, God he's so freaking boring & playing some of the shite est music I've ever heard.

1 hour ago, Golden-Triangle said:

5555, the twat is on radio 2 at the moment standing in for Jo Whiley, roll on Monday night, God he's so freaking boring & playing some of the shite est music I've ever heard.

I don't think he's a 'he' - hasn't he demanded everyone calls him 'they' ? 🙄

9 hours ago, JamesE said:

🤣 Such an underused insult.

Remember, Thailand is the country where it is illegal to go commando. How do they enforce that?

😳 is it ? I’ve been commando ever since I’ve been here. It’s the land of the free and my family jewels thank me for it ! 

22 minutes ago, Benroon said:

😳 is it ? I’ve been commando ever since I’ve been here. It’s the land of the free and my family jewels thank me for it ! 

Our own Thaiger ran a warning back in 2020...

https://thethaiger.com/news/other-news/top-10-laws-to-beware-of-in-thailand

Yeah, since I gave it up I can't even think of what it would be like to go back. I keep a pair around for doctor's visits, though. Wouldn't want to put the nurse into therapy.

• Cool 1

10 hours ago, Benroon said:

I don't think he's a 'he' - hasn't he demanded everyone calls him 'they' ? 🙄

I wasn't aware of that aspect, that sort of explains a lot.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, riclag said:

Between the road rage verbiage   and  the people who don't practice mitigation, my wife is apprehensive whether  to be in the car with me.

Have you got a license? 🤣

Naked at home while "in public view"

i.e. no strutting around in your birthday suit in front of the windows with the curtains open.

image.png.36122c909e94d45088f9efb7ff5eb27a.png

• Haha 2

@King CottonModerator note:

Sorry to spoil your fun, Guys, but many posts have drifted way off-topic. If anyone wants to start a new topic re 'going Commando' in public, then 'General' or 'Expat chat' is the place to start one.

Can we get back to the mask-less guy in Singapore, please, otherwise this thread risks locking

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Deported for not wearing a mask. Fine him but jailed and deported?! Singapore is a tyrannical shithole. Only thing keeping it afloat is the western companies there. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

4 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Deported for not wearing a mask. Fine him but jailed and deported?! Singapore is a tyrannical shithole. Only thing keeping it afloat is the western companies there. 

Did you watch the video?

It wasn't just not wearing a mask, he was also ranting and raving, and causing a nuisance.

This was quite deserved if you ask me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

In my opinion, laws in many Asia countries are set out for a purpose. However, many of these laws are there but may not be enforced strictly. However they are also there if individuals (foreigners or locals alike) crossed that line to a certain extent to protect the general public or country. I think it depends on the seriousness of the offence and situation. For this case, In the middle of a pandemic where everyone is putting effort to keep everyone safe, this act of not wearing a masks is rather serious albeit not cooperating with police when they turn up. Just my 2 cents 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Benroon said:

Oh yes - under the nose is WAY more stupid than not at all - my wife rushes to hold my arms by my side everytime I see one of the morons !

You might have some anger issues that need to be addressed. And if you are wearing anything less than a properly fitted N95 it is basically useless.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Transam said:

18 hours ago, Bobby2021 said:

Brexit trash. Who cares.

Sorry, can you explain that comment...?

He can't.

Keyboard warriors don't do that, they just sit there and fire their little arrows.

Looks like one of the Remoaners has made it over from ThaiVisa......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, shanghailoz said:

Did you watch the video?

It wasn't just not wearing a mask, he was also ranting and raving, and causing a nuisance.

This was quite deserved if you ask me.

Oh, "causing a nuisance"?! Well, in that case! Jay-sus! 😱

And people are cheering for this tyrannical bullshit...

4 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Oh, "causing a nuisance"?! Well, in that case! Jay-sus! 😱

And people are cheering for this tyrannical bullshit...

Yes, causing a nuisance - literally one of the things he was charged with.  It's a crime...

District Judge Eddy Tham found Glynn guilty of two charges under the Covid-19 (Temporary Measures) Act, as well as one count each of harassment and being a public nuisance.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/briton-caught-on-video-not-wearing-mask-resisted-arrest-and-said-covid-19-was

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

You might have some anger issues that need to be addressed. And if you are wearing anything less than a properly fitted N95 it is basically useless.

I don't care - its more important to me not to be a retard in public.

• Like 4

Does anyone remember when that kid got CANED for tagging a car? You don't mess around in Singapore. When I was in the US Navy, we pulled in for 3 days. After the first day, I stayed on the ship. There was just something nasty in the air.

https://www.nytimes.com/1994/06/27/us/teen-ager-caned-in-singapore-tells-of-the-blood-and-the-scars.html

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

34 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I don't care - its more important to me not to be a retard in public.

So you admit its all just theater and for virtue signalling?

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

So you admit its all just theater and for virtue signalling?

I haven't admitted anything - shouldn't you be over in Covid Corner with all the other pant wetting conspiracy theorists ?

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, HappyExpat said:

Does anyone remember when that kid got CANED for tagging a car? You don't mess around in Singapore. When I was in the US Navy, we pulled in for 3 days. After the first day, I stayed on the ship. There was just something nasty in the air.

https://www.nytimes.com/1994/06/27/us/teen-ager-caned-in-singapore-tells-of-the-blood-and-the-scars.html

"There was just something nasty in the air."

Were you eating baked beans ? 😁

22 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

I get it, rules are rules, but why is Singapore always so over the top with certain punishments? 

Just looked up something about their laws. 

If there's a law that tells you to pay up to 1k$ for chewing gum littering, better watch out with anything else that could make sense to be punished for. 

Screenshot_20210819_204353.thumb.jpg.ef1727333d44c4606447613c60403ed8.jpgAnd a law that says you may not be naked in your own home? What are they going to do? Pull random people out of their home naked? How does sex work? 

What if you're gay, chewing gum, smoking, while using someone else's wifi, shitting very loud after 10pm, naked and then not flush the toilet? Will you get the death penalty? 

Pretty amazing nonsense, I thought I saw it all, thanks for that share

• Haha 1

On 8/19/2021 at 3:17 AM, gummy said:

Serves him right, rules are rules and if they are in place to protect people then he should think of others not just himself.

Yep.

Been the struggling issue for some time in the COVID era.

The benefit of the collective, not just oneself. 

10 hours ago, Rain said:

Yep.

Been the struggling issue for some time in the COVID era.

The benefit of the collective, not just oneself. 

Sad state of our species. Covid should have brought us together, instead it's made clear the lines that separate us.

• Thanks 1

On 8/19/2021 at 9:00 PM, DiJoDavO said:

I get it, rules are rules, but why is Singapore always so over the top with certain punishments? 

Just looked up something about their laws. 

If there's a law that tells you to pay up to 1k$ for chewing gum littering, better watch out with anything else that could make sense to be punished for. 

Screenshot_20210819_204353.thumb.jpg.ef1727333d44c4606447613c60403ed8.jpgAnd a law that says you may not be naked in your own home? What are they going to do? Pull random people out of their home naked? How does sex work? 

What if you're gay, chewing gum, smoking, while using someone else's wifi, shitting very loud after 10pm, naked and then not flush the toilet? Will you get the death penalty? 

Yeah it's not a great place in the slightest. I've always been at a total loss as to why anyone would even travel there for "vacation," let alone reside. The few mates I've had who've spent time there only did so for work and couldn't wait for their contracts to be up to gtfo. 🤣

• Like 2