Happy Paradise plan to welcome tourists, encourage spending

Thaiger

In an attempt to boost revenues and welcome more tourists to the Phuket Sandbox and beyond, the Tourism Authority of Thailand has launched a “Happy Paradise” programme. The plan aims at creating activities and excitement for Sandbox travellers and has kicked off with 1,000 Happy Paradise Welcome Kits. The program helps to invigorate not just Phuket arrivals, but also travellers to the Samui Plus scheme as well as the new 7+7 Extention programme which allows travellers after 7 days in Phuket to go to Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, and Koh Tao in the east, and select locations in Krabi and […]

The post Happy Paradise plan to welcome tourists, encourage spending appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

13 minutes ago, Dabe said:

Did this originate from an online kindergarten class?

You couldn't be blamed for thinking so, could you . . . pure kindergarten! And your debut post, too . . . thanks for that!

Hello, Dabe and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

It might be a bit old fashioned, but have you thought of opening the bars and letting tourists buy alcohol! 

You trying to be funny? Alcohol, on holiday . . . why, forever? (:-)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, King Cotton said:

You trying to be funny? Alcohol, on holiday . . . why, forever? (:-)

Quite right @King Cotton, the next thing people will be expecting whilst on holiday is a good time, perish the thought TIT

A picture frame, a phone cover and a shopping bag ... I'm not planning on going to paradise just yet, but when I do I'm hoping for something a little more ... well ... substantial.

• Cool 1

I did all that paperchase nonsense when I was at school, MANY, MANY,  years ago, so many we had ink pots in the wooden desks and real pens with ink nibs.

The people coming on holiday these days think 4G is old fashioned.

Just give adults,  adult entertainment, drop the stupid restrictions  and burdensome entry requirements for fully vaccinated tourists, and people will come.

If you got money to waste on this tat, ( old English expression for shit), not to be confused with TAT, (Tourism Authority Thailand), might as well feed the poor. You know, all those with closed up businesses and their workers.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, HappyExpat said:

I Googled "Happy Paradise Program." It returned "Lipstick on a Pig."

DuckDuckGo is giving "Polishing a turd".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When will those idiots realize that all they have to do is to drop all the requirements except, must be vaccinated and take a test when arriving. Cut out all the outer BS and we will come.

Tests are free here in Hawaii which makes me believe that the Thai government is making big money off of those tests. 

Hawaiian Paradise  

• Like 1

Why is it often so concentrated on spending spending spending? So many articles who count everything so precisely :

104.746 tourist who will spend 673.844.875 THB and 23 satang or something like this. 

Whenever people see this, they immediately dislike Phuket. I know they need money during Covid, but they are not even trying to cover up how much they only want the money. 

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1